Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2022, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Sanctuary (Off Topic) #22: Because we're tired of the summer heat

o f f t o p i c
Old 07-04-2022, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Tftnt!
It’s been a very long day! My grandma called early and said she’s not doing well, and asked if my parents would pick her up and bring her here. She needed somebody to take care of her, and wasn’t getting that at her house. So brought her here early this morning, been taking care of her and my sisters and their husbands and all their kids came over for the holiday. It’s very so very tiring, but it was a pretty good day overall. Everybody just left, so checking on my grandma in between her napping, and watching a movie to wind down. How’s your day been?
Old 07-06-2022, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hope your grandma's feeling better! My day was okay, we didn't feel like "celebrating" the 4th this year, so we just watched some movies on Netflix.
Old 07-07-2022, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sounds nice!

My grandma is still here and about the same with how she’s feeling, I have family who just landed at the airport and is gonna come stay with us to visit with her, since this could be the end. So been crazy with cleaning, taking care of my grandma, and getting stuff done. My nephews birthday party is gonna be here in 2 days as well, and there will be 30 people or more. So still have lots to get done for that too, and running short on time.
Old 07-07-2022, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

A full schedule then! But still must be nice to have the fam together for a bit.
Old 07-08-2022, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes and no We are so very drained, and most of the people coming are my sisters husbands family, and they have been very rude to my sister.. it's causing lots of tension between our families, so this should be fun! But it's all for my nephew, so we will be on our best behavior. I'm honesty just ready for some down time.. I'm drained in many ways. My mom is feeling the same, and her birthday is on Monday. She's like all i want is a day to rest and watch movies at home! SO that's what we will do, and then meet the family out at dinner that night.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh boy trouble making family members I know what that's like but at least they can play nice for your nephew's sake and that's the most important thing. Hopefully, y'all will be able to get a break!
Old 07-09-2022, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The party is still going on, and it’s been 7hrs! It’s like people won’t go home and we feel like we are gonna pass out from exhaustion! It’s just frustrating, and got babies crying non stop because they haven’t napped all day. So that’s my day! How was your day?
Old 07-10-2022, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM's❤︎Sweetheart (View Post)
The party is still going on, and it’s been 7hrs! It’s like people won’t go home and we feel like we are gonna pass out from exhaustion! It’s just frustrating, and got babies crying non stop because they haven’t napped all day. So that’s my day! How was your day?
At that point I'd start cleaning while playing one of those messages they put on at amusement parks kicking people out

My day was really good, I went to visit my sister who I hadn't seen in months
Old 07-11-2022, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh we did the cleaning but, the planning out loud what we should make for dinner, yawning saying we could use a nap… nothing worked! I’m like come on people. My moms like no more parties here again

Aww I’m so glad you got to see your sister! Did you have fun?
Today was my moms birthday, and it was a day… my poor mom got in the middle of drama between some of my other siblings, and they were just rude. Made her upset all day long! I tried cheering her up with her favorite coffee and a lunch out. But she just still seemed sad, which made me so upset all day. My mom needed a break and to rest, she didn’t need drama. So I feel so bad for her!
Old 07-11-2022, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I did! We had to leave in a bit of a hurry though cause it started to rain and we didn't want to get caught in the middle of a storm driving back home. But it was really nice to hang out with her for a couple of hours, we talk on the phone and all but it's not the same.

Oh no! That's happened to my mom sometimes, it'll be a special day or even just a good one and then someone will ruin it for her and make her upset, I hate it when that happens! So I completely understand how you feel. It was very inconsiderate of your siblings to not put aside their drama for one day for her sake.
Old 07-13-2022, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared ❤︎ Jensen (View Post)
I did! We had to leave in a bit of a hurry though cause it started to rain and we didn't want to get caught in the middle of a storm driving back home. But it was really nice to hang out with her for a couple of hours, we talk on the phone and all but it's not the same.

Oh no! That's happened to my mom sometimes, it'll be a special day or even just a good one and then someone will ruin it for her and make her upset, I hate it when that happens! So I completely understand how you feel. It was very inconsiderate of your siblings to not put aside their drama for one day for her sake.
I know how you feel! I spent the last 4 years mainly talking to my younger sister on the phone, but now I get to see her all the time. So I understand how its different!

Yes!! That's what I said. One day wouldn't have hurt them! My poor mom even took the blame, because she just wanted it to end. Even though it wasn't her problem! I just feel bad. I'm like we should do a Birthday re-do!
Old 07-13-2022, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think I could go that long without seeing my sister in person!

That is a great idea! You should totally do a Birthday re-do just y'all and make it super special.
Old 07-13-2022, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ok I’m ready!
Old 07-13-2022, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Pressing play!