Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-09-2017, 11:53 AM
Elite Fan

Definition of Parody.

"an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect."
Old 02-09-2017, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
Definition of Parody.

"an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect."
no need to be condescending. You don't have to bring over a dictionary definition for me. Parody or not its still a damn soap opera.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Elite Fan

Sorry. It wasn't my intention to be condescending. I was just trying to be helpful. Hence the smiley face. :/ I looked up the definition of parody to see if I was understanding it in this context and sharing it so others would know as well.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
Sorry. It wasn't my intention to be condescending. I was just trying to be helpful. Hence the smiley face. :/ I looked up the definition of parody to see if I was understanding it in this context and sharing it so others would know as well.
Sorry I didn't meant to go off on you. I have had others use definitions towards me in a condescending way before. Anyways, I think we are all on edge because I don't think anyone wanted Michael to die.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Let's take it back to the episode guys..
Old 02-10-2017, 02:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

I havent caught up since the last hiatus but I should really do that

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 02-14-2017, 05:00 AM
Master Fan

I really liked the episode.

I love the timejump because it gives the show a fresh feeling.

Older Mateo is too cute even if he is naughty

Twins are also super cute

Glad to see HBIC Petra back

Jane made me tear up more than once over Michael Gina is so good.

I like how they showed how fake reality TV is with Rogelio

Petra/Jane/Rafael/kids brunch is so sweet.

Petra/Jane helping each other out again

Loving Zen Rafael.

Really happy for Jane's book

I like Jane/Rafael as friends and co parents and I really hope it stays that way. I wasn't fond of them as a couple.

Not liking Petra with this new guy

Jane/Mateo are too freaking cute

I didn't like Scott but what a terrible ending
Old 02-14-2017, 05:52 AM
Elite Fan

I'm trying to stay off this to keep away from spoilers but...ugh.

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 02-16-2017, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

I was hoping that Petra and Rafael got together. It would have been nice and I didn't like Jane and Rafael. I'm still really angry about Michael dying. I thought it was to push Jane/Rafael,but they're not together.

It sucks that Rogelio didn't get to have a baby. Darcy is a giant and it was obvious from the first date onwards.

Poor Scott-He wasn't that bad.

I love what a crazy super parent Petra is. She went from not being connected to her kid to raising these perfect kids.

I love that Jane and Michael's relationship became her book, but him being dead is so damn depressing,
Old 02-20-2017, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

New episode tonight
Old 02-23-2017, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Petra and Rogelio's scene was GLORIOUS
Old 03-19-2017, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

New Episode Tomorrow

Quote:
JANE THE VIRGIN

"Chapter Fifty-Nine" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

PUTTING YOURSELF OUT THERE - Jane (Gina Rodriguez) is finally ready to get back in the dating game so she enlists the help of Rafael (Justin Baldoni) and Petra (Yael Grobglas), but it seems they have their own issues to work on. Alba (Ivonne Coll) takes Xo (Andrea Navedo) and Jane's advice about being an independent woman when it comes to Jorge (guest star Alfonso DiLuca). Petra finds out that Chuck (guest star Johnny Messner) has been talking to the police, which could put her in hot water. Meanwhile, Rogelio (Jaime Camil) is trying to settle his lawsuit in a hurry so he can start his new telenovela, but it isn't going as smoothly as he hoped.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

Anyone who is interested should go check out the spoiler board...

In other news, I really enjoyed Chapter 58. I've actually really, really loved every episode since Michael's death and I think it brought a lot of new dimension to these characters we've grown to love.

I wasn't completely off-put by Petra and Rafael giving it another go, even though I love Jane and Raf, because I feel like they never did get real closure... At least Petra didn't. And I LOVE Minka, and I was really excited when I realized she was cast, but... there is no real investment there. At least with Petra, it's built in after three years. And yes, we've seen it before, but at the same time, now that Michael is out of the picture, they're sort of hitting the reset button on the dynamic, and I understand the appeal there. Plus, they need to re-establish Rafael as a romantic option for Jane. She spent the last season and a half declaring that she wished her and Raf had never happened, cause it had always been Michael, blah blah blah... And now that he's gone, I think she has to come to realize her love for him was always there, and now that they've been established as bestfriends, it adds an even more complex layer onto the Petra/Raf/Jane situation. For now, I'm enjoying seeing it develop, even if we've seen it before -- things have changed, and I'm excited to see how the changes impact the relationships, old or new.

The fact that Petra took the page to protect Raf is just an example of the ways she hsa grown as a character, and I really, really loved the development. It shines a light on the good things about their relationship and I think that it's worth watching.

I loveloveloved Jane's scene with Rogelio, where he admitted that his relationship with Mateo had sort of filled the void that he had re: having more kids. I think it's a beautiful way to bring him back towards Xo. And the mock cross examination was so charged. CAN'T WAIT.

Overall, yes, the Petra/Jane room-mom storyline was a little grating, but, I don't feel like this show ever does anything without intent and I rarely have complaints.

I also started bawling at the scene with Rafael/Jane and Mateo's aide! JANE GOT THROUGH THE MICHAEL STORY WITHOUT CRYING. And Rafael's faceeee when she was talking.

And then FINALLY, we got something real from Rafael about being in prison and possibly making Mateo feel abandoned and it was so beautiful. So happy we got some depth from Rafael.

I'm excited for the rest of the season.

Last edited by serendipity or fate; 03-23-2017 at 12:18 PM
Old 03-23-2017, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

LOVED the Petra and Rafael stuff and last scene

mostly a dull ep I think

I'll check the spoiler board