Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2016, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
Is it weird I still have hope?
No not at all. Rules of TV and all that.

Sure, this show could break those rules but it would be tough to do so and still be what it claims to be.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wonder though.. now that Jane and Michael are married..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 09-05-2016, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well that's why I mention "rules of TV" and all that jazz. Season 2 is pretty early for a character to have a happily ever after even on shows that aren't soaps.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
Well that's why I mention "rules of TV" and all that jazz. Season 2 is pretty early for a character to have a happily ever after even on shows that aren't soaps.
exactly. I just ask not to be bored in the interim.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Add me please
Old 09-08-2016, 12:27 PM
Loyal Fan

I just find it hard to understand why they would marry Jane off so soon if it was going to stay that way. The way season 2 was written, it seemed to me as though they were really trying to get people to like Michael. They went really over the top with trying to make him and Jane seem so perfect. Everything felt very rushed and clunky. Personally, I think they were building up to Michael being shot from season one but I think that they underestimated how much people would like Jane with Rafael and how shady Michael had come across, so they had to really try to bring down Rafael and prop up Michael, so at least some people would be upset if something happened to him.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well Michael has always had his fans.

But I do think the angle they took where they basically erased all the negatives of both Michael and the couple felt very limiting. If he lives, what's the story?
Old 09-09-2016, 08:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Well Michael has always had his fans.

But I do think the angle they took where they basically erased all the negatives of both Michael and the couple felt very limiting. If he lives, what's the story?
Thats the thing! I never liked him with Jane but I at least found him an interesting character. For a time, when he was doing things with Petra, I thought they were going to be really clever and build him up to be the villian of the piece. Jane would never believe it and with him being cop he could have gotten away with loads of stuff.

But they went really over the top with making him the 'good guy'. I have said his before but with the number of times the narrator said 'Micheal Corderro is a good guy!" "Michael is such a nice guy!" - it could have been a new drinking game! It was just overkill.

Jane would jump on anything and everything that Rafael did wrong or did something she disagreed with. But if Michael did something, she would find an excuse. It got really tiresome. And you're right, what will the story be with them as a married couple? It was already boring before the vows. Are we just going to have a series of arguments about who's turn it is to do the dishes?

Has anyone ever married off a main character so soon in a show before?
Old 09-09-2016, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Main main character? No. But a main ensemble character? Yes.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:13 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Main main character? No. But a main ensemble character? Yes.
It just seems like such a huge risk to me. I know writers and actors like to think that characters can have great storylines outside of their love lives but when a show's main character is so much about love and romance - and lets be honest - te romantic stories are the main draw for most people, to have that tied up a neat little bow so soon just won't work. I think Michael will die or J/M will find married life together rather disappointing.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
That's true.. I mean look at Bones and Castle or Gilmore Girls how long it took them to get together..
I do get that there are different types of scenarios to keepig a show interesting.. but this early? specially in such a successful show..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 09-12-2016, 06:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
That's true.. I mean look at Bones and Castle or Gilmore Girls how long it took them to get together..
I do get that there are different types of scenarios to keepig a show interesting.. but this early? specially in such a successful show..
I just can't imagine any scenario that can make Jane being married to Michael interesting. With Rafael, it may have been possible because they were so different but they still had this amazing chemistry. Jane and Michael were like a boring married couple when the show began.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Is it weird I still have hope?
No. I firmly believe Jane and Rafael are endgame. The show might be headed elsewhere, but IMO it'll be a really boring conclusion if it does.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
No. I firmly believe Jane and Rafael are endgame. The show might be headed elsewhere, but IMO it'll be a really boring conclusion if it does.
I hope they are but I'm not convinced they know what their doing on this show anymore.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Jennie has a rough outline but the smaller in-between times is where I have doubt.