Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2017, 04:11 PM
Elite Fan

Board Customisation

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 01-15-2017, 01:36 AM
Master Fan

I've noticed this show loves using shades of coral and turquiose/seafoam so that could work for a colour scheme.

I googled coral and this is the first thing that showed up which is basically the colour scheme I was thinking of .

Old 01-15-2017, 03:33 AM
Elite Fan

Those colours on their own could be quite harsh on the eyes so would need to be combined with lighter and/or darker tones. We try to avoid reds, which coral comes under, as it can be quite a harsh colour so if used it would be used minimally in small areas. The turquoise shades could easily be used as the main colours as they are quite easy on the eyes, but for main areas they would need to be paler than the ones in that colour scheme .
Old 01-15-2017, 07:42 AM
Elite Fan

Perhaps instead of the Coral we could have some type of lavender

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 01-15-2017, 12:21 PM
Master Fan

^Lavender and seafoam would go lovely together

The reason I suggested coral is because they really love using it on the show. The Marbella hotel's decor is seafoam and coral. They used that colour scheme for the baby shower decorations and the wedding also used coral. The wardrobe department also seem to love those colours for the characters. I think it's because they want them to colour coordinate with the hotel's set They even used coral in the show's posters.

I was looking at other boards to visualise it.

So for the seafoam here are a few examples

Aaron Paul - Fan Forum

Jessica Szohr - Fan Forum

Rupert Grint - Fan Forum

And since coral would be used sparingly because of its darkness then maybe something like this board where it's just a few heading boxes.

Hilary Duff - Fan Forum

E.t.a

I was just posting at the TVD board and they had such a beautiful pale colour which is so easy on the eyes. They had grape before like the Twilight board and that was definitely harsh on the eyes This one would work lovely with lavender.

http://www.fanforum.com/f328/

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 01-15-2017 at 12:45 PM
Old 01-15-2017, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

I was also thinking that light sea foam color and this yellow that we could make a little more pastel. They use yellow a lot on the pillows at the Marbella.

I like the last two colors on this palette a lot:

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 01-15-2017, 01:22 PM
Master Fan

^ Nice. I like yellow because it's such a warm brightening colour I remember in school when we had to do art stuff I just had to make sure to add yellow And this show is based in a beach town so a warm colour suits it.
Old 01-15-2017, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

While we do not mind you looking at other boards for inspiration we will not copy the colour scheme of another board as we want each board to have their own unique look. Instead we prefer you to take a look at sites such as design seeds to see if you can find a colour scheme like what you are hoping for .

There is nothing wrong with using coral if it is an important colour to the show, I was simply pointing out that it is harsh on the eyes so could not be used as a main colour . I will not lie, I will be happy if you do choose to go down a different path, but please do not think I was trying to talk you out of it. We want you to have a colour scheme which you can be happy with and that will be easy on the eyes so you can look at the board for long periods of time.
Old 01-15-2017, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

^ Using the site you suggested I really like this scheme:

Mental Vacation

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 01-15-2017, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think that colour scheme is great.. and then we could add some coral highlights, what do you think?

and which charcters would you like to have on the banner?

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-15-2017, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

Most likely Jane, Petra, Michael, Rafael, Rogelio, Xio, and Alba. And if you can fit in, Mateo.

And I like the coral highlight idea.

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 01-15-2017, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thought the same..
do you have a link to a goo gallery? I found some season2 pictures..
specially a good one with Mateo would be great.. or Jane with Mateo

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-15-2017, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic (View Post)
^ Using the site you suggested I really like this scheme:

Mental Vacation

Wow. Love this one Especially because of the beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
While we do not mind you looking at other boards for inspiration we will not copy the colour scheme of another board as we want each board to have their own unique look. Instead we prefer you to take a look at sites such as design seeds to see if you can find a colour scheme like what you are hoping for .

There is nothing wrong with using coral if it is an important colour to the show, I was simply pointing out that it is harsh on the eyes so could not be used as a main colour . I will not lie, I will be happy if you do choose to go down a different path, but please do not think I was trying to talk you out of it. We want you to have a colour scheme which you can be happy with and that will be easy on the eyes so you can look at the board for long periods of time.
I didn't want us to copy. I was just looking for different shades of the seafoam

And I completely understand what you mean about the coral, don't worry I use to avoid posting at The Vampire Diaries board when they had their old colour scheme because it was so harsh on my eyes

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 01-15-2017 at 02:54 PM
Old 01-15-2017, 02:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
Thought the same..
do you have a link to a goo gallery? I found some season2 pictures..
specially a good one with Mateo would be great.. or Jane with Mateo
I usually use this site for JTV screencaps...it's a pretty nice gallery.

X

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 01-15-2017, 03:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic (View Post)
Oh I like that! I also like the idea of putting a hint of coral into the board.