Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2018, 04:04 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
Their ranking
well, the british did invent the game after all

what is impressive is how they have so many people in the world play it
Old 07-11-2018, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I know they did (at least as we know it today).

Not just playing but watching and just loving the game. It’s truly universal and goes beyond all boundaries. Something about it just appeals and speaks to almost the whole mankind.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:28 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Darn it England.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
I know they did (at least as we know it today).

Not just playing but watching and just loving the game. It’s truly universal and goes beyond all boundaries. Something about it just appeals and speaks to almost the whole mankind.
I wish more people in America would watch soccer. It's such a fun and exciting sport.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Ms Cyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:40 PM

Yeah. There's just so much other sports to watch during most soccer leagues seasons. Here in the Portland Metro Area the Timbers are very popular, but certainly in other MLS cities that's that not the case for their franchises there. I wasn't into soccer for most of my adult life until NBC Universal got their Premier League TV deal & then started watching more & learned more of the players. I do like that league along with Serie A though Juventus getting Ronaldo is like a bad joke. I mean why is that allowed?
Old 07-11-2018, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Darn it England.
I know right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Cyatt (View Post)
I wish more people in America would watch soccer. It's such a fun and exciting sport.
It really is. Well, they and everyone who doesn’t watch it are missing out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Yeah. There's just so much other sports to watch during most soccer leagues seasons. Here in the Portland Metro Area the Timbers are very popular, but certainly in other MLS cities that's that not the case for their franchises there. I wasn't into soccer for most of my adult life until NBC Universal got their Premier League TV deal & then started watching more & learned more of the players. I do like that league along with Serie A though Juventus getting Ronaldo is like a bad joke. I mean why is that allowed?
Watching club football is a great way to learn about the game and get more into it. And why Ronaldo to Juventus wouldn’t be ”allowed”?
Old 07-11-2018, 05:00 PM

Because he's considered I think by many to be the best player in the world & Juventus has 1 won more than 5 league titles in a row & still counting without him. My question was somewhat rhetorical since there isn't a salary cap I believe in soccer for most leagues, so of course the rich clubs can get richer & usually stay that way. Plus I'm a Roma fan, so of course wouldn't be thrilled by Juvenuts signing a big time player in general.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 07-11-2018, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, thanks for explaining. You’re right, there isn’t a salary cap and I believe Juventus have won 7 league titles in a row. A player like Ronaldo won’t go to just any club, it has to be one of the best. In Serie A the obvious choice is Juventus and that’s where he chose to go. And in Serie A they are probably the only one who can afford him. It will probably make them win the league a few more times which of course could be a bit boring in terms of competitiveness. But Juventus probably got him to try to win the Champions League which they have only won twice. So it makes sense why they would want him.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:51 PM
Addicted Fan

and theres a link between domestic violence in england and england losing ->

https://theconversation.com/if-engla...xplained-99769

Last edited by CONDEMNED666; 07-13-2018 at 01:38 AM
CONDEMNED666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:28 AM
MST Manager

The England result was disappointing but I'm pleased that we got to the semi finals.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)
The England result was disappointing but I'm pleased that we got to the semi finals.
It was disappointing but inexperience is what cost them the game - there are a lot of positive things that came out from England in this years WC and some relatively unknown stars on the global stage - Trippier, Stones, Maguire, Pickford etc...they are the future stars in the making
Old 07-12-2018, 05:20 AM
Elite Fan

went to fanzone here in Saint P for the game
hung out with some Brazillians & other South Americans who still stayed after their teams are gone (fun ppl) some Belgians too (i suppose they stayed for the 3rd place game) Generally thx FIFA for letting it be organized here. huge party all day every day

Rooted more for England idk why but wow Croatia was absolute beast the 2 half+extra time! Modric is the player of the tournament! totally desrved. Experience really played huge part but English team is young & i believe they have bright future!

lol made me more proud of our team cause they held til penalties against a finalist who knew! after the 'bus parking' with Spain

anyway again Im gonna be neutral for the final as well. Imo both teams deserve to get the trophy.

Last edited by science girlfriend; 07-12-2018 at 06:06 AM
science girlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope Croatia wins the World Cup this year.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I'm looking forward to Croatia v France. Two worthy finalists, whatever the result may be

I blame England's loss partly on the arrogance going into the match, not from Gareth Southgate (who was pleasantly down to earth all the way from the start) but from the media who acted as if Croatia had zero chance.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread