Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2006, 06:11 AM
Supreme Fan

it was just the way I said, "he's shaved" He was probably close enough to hear :-/

yeah, he's had a serious hair cut... but his hair was long at Silverstone testing and it was really, really beautiful

Old 05-11-2006, 06:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MH*
it was just the way I said, "he's shaved" He was probably close enough to hear :-/
I almost had fallen from my chair when I read this. Now he's never going forget to shave, because girl-fans always notice such things!

I liked long hair he had, but it was getting too long, and as I said before the new haircut is cute.

I hope Fernando will win in Spain. It's his home GP...

If Nano doesn't win there, anyone can win, but not Schuey. I just somehow liked more Fernando vs Kimi, than Fernando vs Schumi, maybe because I still remember the times of Schumi's domination and it was a bit boring when almost every race was won by Ferrari.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:32 AM
Supreme Fan

that or he'll not shave just to upset the fans I much prefer his appearance when he's shaved, his beard has strange bald patches in it...

It did need a trim, but he either decided to get it cut short or the hair dresser made a huge mistake.. it'll be interesting to see whether he lets it grow back or leaves it this length. I think he looks younger now...

I remember the great drive he had in Spain 03, I was disapointed he didn't get on the podium in front of his fans in 04 and last year I was disapointed because he didn't win well it would have been his 4th win in a row and in front of his home fans it would have been special.

To be honest I'm starting to dread the Schumi revival :S and I'm not sure whether it's because of the boring seasons we've had in the past or whether it's something else..

Schumi's fans are crazy though, they were kissing the track after the GP the other day :-/ and worshipping him when he drove passed.. and kissing the number 2 slot on the grid and trying to pull rubber off it :S
Old 05-11-2006, 08:17 AM
Supreme Fan

Fernando in Spain

Old 05-11-2006, 08:19 AM
Master Fan

I thought nothing can surprise me about German(and Schumi's) fans, but trying to pull the rubber off the track... :O

I think Fernando looks now VERY boyish... And you're right, it'll be interesting to see what he'll do with his hair now.

About his beard, and his strange bald patches, it looked like he was a young boy, who just stared to shave, and his beard wasn't completly "masculine" and complete.

I'm hoping, that THIS time Fisi will get to the final 10 in qualifying...
Old 05-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Supreme Fan

*laughs* he's not really that old (25 in July), maybe his beard will develope with age...

I heard he wasn't happy with people calling him Gay Alonso. I do sometimes wonder about which side of the fence he's on, but it's nothing nasty. People called him that to insult him though :S

Fisi hasn't been very lucky reccently... :-/
Old 05-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

I know he's not old, and he doesn't look old, but now he looks like he's 19 or 20.

I didn't know some people called him Gay Alonso. That's very rude if it's only to offend someone, because I heard he's engaged with Raquel del Rosario...

About Fisi I wonder will he have a seat in Renault in 2007?
Old 05-11-2006, 12:29 PM
Supreme Fan

heh, I'm not complaining about that i'm 20. and many people keep saying that's how old he looks

He's meant to be.. they both have rings, and he kissed it after he won in Bahrain which was adorable they're certainly dating because there are pictures of them hugging and kissing.

I doubt it. I think they're certainly going to go with Heikki Kovalainen, and they still hope to get Kimi. But maybe if they don't get Kimi and can't get anyone else they want they'll stick with Fisi..
Old 05-11-2006, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

I hope they'll get Kimi. Personally I think, Renault is the best option for Kimi too. He could party 'till dawn with Flav. Renault is reliable and have no other #1, so it would be a good place for Kimi, and they probably will be able to spend more money than usually to get Kimi. And Kimi and Heikki that would be cool.

As a big fan of Renault, I'm crossing my fingers.

Fernando said today, that he didn't regret his decision about moving to McLaren. If I were him, I would be having "second thought".
Old 05-11-2006, 01:25 PM
Supreme Fan

I think he probably has to say that... Personally I'd find it amusing if he and Kimi swapped seats. and Kimi would be showing Fernando what he's missing out on.

My favourite teams are actually Red Bull and Toro Rosso because they're entertaining
Old 05-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Supreme Fan

Doornbos to replace Klien
F1Racing.net can exclusively reveal that Robert Doornbos will replace Christian Klien after the Spanish Grand Prix weekend. The Dutch Red Bull test driver secured the seat after his sponsor paid a total of 15 million euro to secure the seat, making it the most expensive seat ever in Formula 1 history.

Although Christian Klien is showing a great performance this season the Red Bull team decided to take him out for Doornbos' euro's. Doornbos was already paying total sum of eight million euro for his job as Red Bull's test driver, but his sponsor Muermans will pay an extra seven million euro to have the Dutch man back at the grid.

The last Grand Prix Doornbos raced was the Chinese Grand Prix in October 2005 with the Minardi team.

Liuzzi is not a happy man in the paddock as he would have expected to race for Red Bull when a seat would come available. Liuzzi has been a Red Bull driver for many years, and shared a seat with Klien in 2005 at Red Bull Racing.

Ide loses his Super License
Yuji Ide’s hopes of returning to his Super Aguri race seat have been dashed with the news that the FIA has revoked the Japanese driver’s Super License. He will be replaced by Franck Montagny for the next two races.

Montagny stepped in for Ide at last weekend’s European Grand Prix after the sport’s governing body advised Super Aguri to give the Japanese rookie more track time away from races. It followed an official reprimand at Imola, where he tipped Midland’s Christijan Albers into a barrel roll at the first corner.

Super Aguri had hoped that Ide would be able to return to his race seat and maintain the team’s all-Japanese line-up alongside Takuma Sato. However, the FIA’s latest decision means that Ide is out of a drive until next season at the earliest.

In a statement issued on Wednesday, Super Aguri confirmed that “the FIA Permit Office has retracted Yuji Ide's Super License. He will therefore not be participating in any further official FIA Formula One World Championship events this year.

“It is with sadness and regret that the team accepts this decision, however Aguri Suzuki and A.Company (Japan) shall continue to seek driving opportunities for Yuji and hopefully a path back into Formula One.

“As a result, Franck Montagny will drive once again for the SAF1 Team at the forthcoming Spanish Grand Prix and the Monaco Grand Prix whilst discussions with a number of parties continue regarding the permanent positions of second race seat and third driver.”

Super Aguri’s late entry to the 2006 world championship meant that Ide, runner up in last year’s Formula Nippon series, arrived on the grid in Bahrain having had next to no Formula One testing. His best - and only - finish was 13th place at the Australian Grand Prix.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MH*
and Kimi would be showing Fernando what he's missing out on.
My words! And I'll laugh if Kimi gets more in Renault than Fernando does in McLaren. Btw. anyone knows how big is the contract between Alonso and McLaren, or is it a team-secret?

Doornbos to replace Klien - I can't tell if Doornbos is better than Klien, but it's not fair, that money decide about a seat in a car not driving ablities. :|
Old 05-12-2006, 01:20 AM
Supreme Fan

erm... *laughs* I don't remember, I can probably find an article in a magazine which says what people think it is.

yup, that's what I thought. This could cost Klien his f1 racing career and all because of money :S
Old 05-12-2006, 06:56 AM
Supreme Fan

Red Bull denies Klien replacement
Contrary to reports elsewhere in the media, the Red Bull Racing team has confirmed to GP2006.com today that there are no driver changes planned for the Milton Keynes based squad at this stage. Reports are the Christian Klien is being forced to make way for third driver Robert Doornbos after this weekend’s Spanish Grand Prix, however team boss Christian Horner is unaware of any such moves being on the horizon.

It would be an odd move for the team to make anyway, as despite his issues in qualifying last time out, which were caused by the Super Aguri of Takuma Sato, the young Austrian has been doing a fairly good job at the team and has often been hailed as a big part of their future. He has also been a Red Bull driver for a very long time, not just in Formula One and they certainly have a lot of time and money invested in him.

Doornbos on the other hand is said to be bringing a lot of cash to the team to secure the drive, however even he is unaware of his impending move from third driver to race driver...

“There is no truth whatsoever in the reports about Robert taking over from Christian Klien,” a spokesman for Robert Doornbos told GP2006. “We read the same rumours on the internet, but the fact is that a sponsor of Christijan Albers published the article without even talking to us, Robert himself or the team.”

*dies* i love this picture..
Old 05-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Master Fan

It's gorgeous. Marie, I'm having a german lesson in 30 minutes, how am I going to concetrate now???

About Klien, I've read today he calls DC - "slow Uncle David"... I'm not sure if Klien ever be as fast as Uncle David was in his good times.