Old 07-23-2014, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

welcome and you are now added
Old 07-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome Marcus. We`re very happy to you join the fun here. I`m especially happy to have another fellow Gooner here.

While i`m on the subject of Arsenal, they will making a very rare preseason trip to the States as they will take on New York Red Bulls. I`m very happy that the reigning FA Cup champions are finally back in America and it`s very fitting that it`s against N.Y. Red Bulls, which means the Gunners will be reunited with their legendary all time scoring leader Thierry Henry. Of course i wish that i could find a way to go to the match.

Also i hate to be the bearer of bad news for you and the other West Ham supporters, Tracy, but i saw that Andy Carroll will be out until at least December due to torn ankle ligaments. Tough break there for Andy, who was out for much of last season and will have to start the upcoming season on the sidelines. Plus this will greatly hurt West Ham`s offense, which is trying to go to a more attacking style.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Yeah I read that earlier Rod..thinks it's best to cut our losses and sell him, since we've only had him for a few games since we bought him
Old 07-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I kinda feel the same way. Andy`s injuries has made this deal look like a white elephant for the Hammers. However i think that it`ll be hard for them to get much of anything in return due to Andy`s injuries.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:48 PM
Master Fan

Any news regarding Khedira? Will he transfer to Arsenal?

~Susanne ~
Old 07-24-2014, 04:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks Hot Rod.

Khedira was hot favorites to join Arsenal at 1/10 about a week ago but that price seems to have deepened over the last week. Seems like the wages are the barrier at the moment.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, because of Khedira's stupid wage demands
They're looking at an option of converting Wilshere into a defensive midfielder though which is better in my opinion.
They've also reportedly made an £8m bid for Roberto Firmino, does anyone rate him highly as a player?
Remember when players used to play for the football and not just for the money? Football is starting to go sour because of it.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:53 AM
Master Fan

In a world where Clubs pay 80m €/£/$ for one football-player, I'm not very surprised by those wage demands

~Susanne ~
Old 07-25-2014, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod (View Post)
I kinda feel the same way. Andy`s injuries has made this deal look like a white elephant for the Hammers. However i think that it`ll be hard for them to get much of anything in return due to Andy`s injuries.
Definitely a white elephant, I feared this when we signed him, jumped in way too quickly
Old 07-28-2014, 10:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Khedira is a no-go for Arsenal, he cost low but his wage, I think that the players laughing at what he asks for, he want's to be more paid than Ozil and Sanchez, nice one Sammy.

It's better to get back Song or Schinderlien from Sautemphton.
Wilshere will never be a world-class player, he has no discipline, he could just dream to be a half good as Aaron Ramsey.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

So the start of the Premiere League starts off again today..

Hoping West Ham carry on their winning form against Tottenham Hotspur

Must admit, I'm a bit worried about this season...
Old 08-16-2014, 02:02 PM
I am a basketball genius!

It's certainly an exciting time. I was able to wake up in time to watch the 7:00 A.M. Pacific Time start of matches & decided on Leicester vs. Everton which was pretty good, especially the come back by Leicester to get a draw. I tried to catch the replay of Queens Park Rangers which I had yet to see play before vs. Hull. Their was a questionable ''handball'' call against Hull which gave Queens Park Rangers a penalty kick that their player missed. I'll try to catch the rest of the matches played today in this league next week. Excited to see how Southampton does tomorrow vs. Liverpool after all the changes to it's roster it made.
Old 08-16-2014, 03:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Today I watched Man Utd - Swansea and West Ham - Tottenham.

Man Utd was terrible, the whole 3-5-2 is going nowhere, I don't get it, Van Gal is a good coach so it makes me wonder why is he so stubborn with the worst tactics ever that only works in the Seria A.
And I get that he has some trouble with the squad, he really missed Luke Shaw, and Ashley Young is a became a terrible player, he is that terrible that even a bird, and this is real, crapped in his mouth. THERE IS A VIDEO, LOL.
Today I discovered that Swansea sold Pablo Hernandez, Ben Davies, Vorm and Chico, and I already knew it for Michu... I taught what the hell? Why?
And Hernandez and Chico in freakin QATAR? But the newcomers or old as Sigurdsson really is proving that he is a good signing, also the new guy Montero is good. Gomis is just terrible. Terrible in Lyon, terrible now, why Monk?

Tottenham today started good with the new coach, Mauricio Pocchetino, but then 30' and Naughton deffended the goal with his hands, penalty + red card.
Noble missed. Then Vaz Te has about three nice chances and missed all of them. Tottenham tried but it was hard.
Then in the second half, second yellow for Collins, both yellow cards deserved, in one he stopped a counter-attack, in the next he made a NBA block in Adebayor..
Then the match exploded, both sides wanted to win, it was going really fast from side to side.. I must say Townsed changed the match, he bring so much pace instead of Lamela who has some good passes, but he dissapointed again.
Then Adebayor out, Kane in, and that was the last sub for Tottenham, and I'm thinking why not freakin Soldado, I know he has a bad season, but Adebayor was awful, and then Tottenham has a counter attack, 3 to 2, and Kane has two free players on the right side versus West Ham one, and in front of him is a West Ham player, and he shoots, omg, and ofc it's blocked.
And then in 90+ he makes a wonderful pass through the middle for the newcomer Eric Dier, who was great at his off the ball movement, and he gets one on one, dribbled the GK and scoreeeeed.

I missed Arsenal(watched 15 minutes), damn it, but I seen that Aaron Ramsey is continuing his streak from last season, what a player!
So Wenger stop with the trees you brining in the forward, stop with the Sanogo already, give Alexis or Joel Campbell a chance. It would make sense if Arsenal is playing with long balls and then have a tree like Sanogo or Giroud, but since I watching football, Arsenal was always playing football on the ground with short passes and good off the ball movements. So Alexis Sanchez and Joel Campbell, understand the philosophy, good players, fast and good dribblers and still Sanogo and Giroud get ahead.

The questionable penalty that you or someone mentioned in the match QPR vs. Hull City, I'm looking for a video of the highlights, and I found just one, wtf? It's has two really bad angles, but for what I can see, it hit him in the chest/stomach, but the GK saved the penalty, so who careeees?

Tommorow I except a great match from Sautemphton and Liverpool and also not so much goals on Newcaste vs. Man City.

Hey, anyone playing fantasy premier league?
Old 08-16-2014, 04:34 PM
Elite Fan

Goooaaaarrrnnnn Villa!!

So difficult to win at Britannia, but with their lack of attacking, we won 1-0
Great start to the season
Old 08-17-2014, 04:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

such a start for us...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread