Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 08-07-2022, 12:57 PM
I am a basketball genius!

2023 N.F.L. Fantasy Draft Advice Thread

Welcome to the 15th Fan Forum Fantasy Football Draft!

Here's the rules:

~Draft order will be determined by a first come first serve basis in Round 1. The snaking method will be implemented for the rest of the draft. This means if you make the 1st overall selection then you will be the last 1 to pick in Round 2.

~Strictly enforced 24 hour rule. You have 24 hours to make the your selection. Should you not do so within this timeframe then we will autodraft the next highest rated player from Yahoo's projected rankings. An effort twill be made to help fill open positions left on your roster. (Please make an effort to make your selections as quickly as possible. We would like to complete the draft in a timely manner. If you know that you will not be at the board to make your next pick then it will be a good idea to P.M. your pick to someone you trust.)

~This is not necessarily a ''rule'', but please heed this suggestion. Try keeping track of everyone's picks & cross off players that have already been selected. This will prevent accidental duplicate picks & keep the draft moving smoothly.

~Once you have made a pick, there is no going back. If a player happens to get injured in the preseason that is a difficult break. However you cannot do anything with that player until after the draft is completed.

Good luck.

OK. guys instead of waiting 8 hours to start our draft, which would usually happen in the past as we did it at 9:00 P.M. Pacific Time. We'll start at 1:00 P.M. Pacific Time today/4:00 P.M. Eastern Time as we are already almost a full week into August & have a lot of rounds to get through. Good luck to each of you in our draft. We are all on the clock.

Last edited by Make Them Laugh; 12-23-2022 at 08:36 AM
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

First come first serve...OK....

my pick is : Christian McCaffrey
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 03:13 PM

I did send our other players here a P.M. to remind them our draft has begun. Hopefully they make it here today to get their top picks in. My 1st Round pick is Josh Allen, QB Buffalo Bills.
Old 08-07-2022, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

My pick is Justin Herbert.

I clicked the Yahoo link and it said I joined the fantasy league, but I honestly don't know what to do because I've never done that before. I thought I was just giving my choices here. Do I have to keep going to that link, or do I just post my choices here? I'm not really that good at online stuff.
Old 08-07-2022, 04:17 PM

OK. So when you sign into Yahoo, there is a section titled "Sports". Click on it & near the top of that next page will read: "Sports", "Fantasy", "NFL", "NBA", etc. Click on "Fantasy", then on "Fantasy Football" & it will bring you to your fantasy teams & leagues. Yes, we make our picks here as we do an "offline" draft and after the draft I will manually put them into Yahoo to set our rosters. Ms Cyatt is on the clock.
Old 08-07-2022, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, yeah, it says my team's name is Alexander's Dazzling Team, but I didn't make that. I have no idea who came up with that name. It's like it just did everything for me.

But anyway, I'll just post my picks here, and let you guys do the rest, since I'm totally dyslexic when it comes to anything that isn't Fan Forum or YouTube.
Old 08-07-2022, 04:51 PM

Yeah. Yahoo I think comes up with their own names for teams to begin, but you can edit your team name by clicking on "Edit Team Info", which is near the top of its page.
Old 08-08-2022, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I select Patrick Mahomes
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Ms Cyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Cyatt (View Post)
I select Patrick Mahomes
I think we are doing Snake Draft...so it's your turn again...

1,2,3,4 -- 4,3,2,1-- 1234
Old 08-08-2022, 09:31 AM

Yes. Your'e welcome to send her a P.M. to remind her if needed. If at 8:14 A.M. Eastern Time tomorrow Ms Cyatt has not made a pick in here, then 1 can be ''auto-picked'' for her using the Yahoo Sports default rankings & it will then be the pick of Alex.

Last edited by canflam; 08-08-2022 at 03:11 PM
Old 08-08-2022, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My second pick is:

Jonathan Taylor
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Ms Cyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 08:50 PM

Alex is on the clock.
Old 08-09-2022, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Yeah. Yahoo I think comes up with their own names for teams to begin, but you can edit your team name by clicking on "Edit Team Info", which is near the top of its page.

It's okay, I'm fine with that name.

My pick is Davante Adams.
Old 08-09-2022, 04:03 PM

Dalvin Cook, RB, Minnesota Vikings.

Dave is on the clock.
Old 08-09-2022, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OK>..hold on...I'll get to it...doing 3 things at one time
Reply   Post New Thread