Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2021, 01:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

that's right. i feel like the show doesn't know where to go.
Old 11-15-2021, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

Besides I'm not sure why the writers think having a shock factor "dark death" every episode makes us fans happy, when the dark death really has no substance and has no point in the story and is only there to shock the audience so we can say "oh my! Fear is so dark again!"

For example: Episode 2, Morgan kills Walker baby. Episode 4, Rufus dies. Episode 5, death of the Larson’s. They all really have no substance and are only there to prove to us how dark Fear is again.
Old 11-15-2021, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

You are very right and I couldn't care less about any of these deaths (except the dog maybe)
Old 11-15-2021, 02:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This entire show just sucks at the writing.
Old 11-15-2021, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Agree with all that is said here.
Old 11-15-2021, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

FTWD has just become a mess of numerous plot holes, convenient encounters, soap opera level twists, fantasy level writing and a plot that doesn't move forward but jumps around. at this point i'm convinced that C+G have some dirt on Gimple and or AMC because i don't see any other reason besides money as to why they still should have a job....?! who gets away with creating 4 seasons of mostly garbage????

this show is supposedly supposed to become the new flagship once the main show and WB ends. i really don't see how that's possible considering how Fear's own fans go in on the show. i'm just really hoping that they bring in new writers and showrunners in for season 8 but i won't be surprised if they don't.
Old 11-15-2021, 02:06 PM
Supreme Fan

Does anyone know ANYTHING about radiation? The entire nuclear weapon bit was stupid enough, but why aren't the horses dying of radiation? How is Victor's tower a 'safe zone'? Anyone know anything about fallout? Or reprogramming nuclear missiles? Why a ship thrown ashore has no damage? How come one part of Texas has yellow, dust filled skies and the rest is sunny and blue skied? I don't advocate anyone getting fired, but these writers and show runners need to go, or this show needs to end.
Old 11-15-2021, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypie12345 (View Post)
Besides I'm not sure why the writers think having a shock factor "dark death" every episode makes us fans happy, when the dark death really has no substance and has no point in the story and is only there to shock the audience so we can say "oh my! Fear is so dark again!"

For example: Episode 2, Morgan kills Walker baby. Episode 4, Rufus dies. Episode 5, death of the Larson’s. They all really have no substance and are only there to prove to us how dark Fear is again.
I also don't understand what tone the writers want this show to have. Sometimes it seems like they're trying to make this show as dark and gruesome as possible while other times they add in cheesy scenes that look like they serve as comedic relief as well as ridiculous soap opera twists. If it's trying to be a dark comedy, it doesn't seem like it's achieving that time because it's more comedy than dark at this point. I cant even take the "dark" scenes seriously because of how ridiculously written they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just one dream (View Post)
Does anyone know ANYTHING about radiation? The entire nuclear weapon bit was stupid enough, but why aren't the horses dying of radiation? How is Victor's tower a 'safe zone'? Anyone know anything about fallout? Or reprogramming nuclear missiles? Why a ship thrown ashore has no damage? How come one part of Texas has yellow, dust filled skies and the rest is sunny and blue skied? I don't advocate anyone getting fired, but these writers and show runners need to go, or this show needs to end.
Also agreed, this entire radiation just seems ridiculous.

EC | ADC

Old 11-15-2021, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heda_Khaleesi (View Post)
FTWD has just become a mess of numerous plot holes, convenient encounters, soap opera level twists, fantasy level writing and a plot that doesn't move forward but jumps around. at this point i'm convinced that C+G have some dirt on Gimple and or AMC because i don't see any other reason besides money as to why they still should have a job....?! who gets away with creating 4 seasons of mostly garbage????

this show is supposedly supposed to become the new flagship once the main show and WB ends. i really don't see how that's possible considering how Fear's own fans go in on the show. i'm just really hoping that they bring in new writers and showrunners in for season 8 but i won't be surprised if they don't.
Oh wait till next episode, I mean 7x07 where momo gets to play john rambo and take out strands tower.

Anyway I'm quite sure season 8 will be the last and lead into the movies, especially with more and more main cast jumping off the show entirely or mostly, especially the fan favorites.
Old 11-16-2021, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh dear please let season 8 be the last.

EC | ADC

Old 11-16-2021, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

It has to be, bc with them likely moving away from the texas and towards alexandria, an 8th season of them looking for rick after they saw him being taken by the CRM could actually make sense, but beyond that it makes really no sense.
Old 11-17-2021, 01:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope you are right
Old 11-17-2021, 03:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

good because this show became so goddamn boring. we're 6 episodes in and i still have no idea what all these disconnected bottle episodes are supposed to mean and i'm not sure if the writers do either. i'm guessing they stretch out this padre stuff all this season and reveal it at the finale.
Old 11-17-2021, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I just hope dumb and dumber don't get to continue the show beyond the introduction into the first rick movie, maybe just with a few old the cast, bc that would be terrible. Anyway alycia needs to move on then.
Old 11-18-2021, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the trailer. i'm still not watching anything until Alicia returns.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top