Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2022, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakis (View Post)
Very much looking forward to obi wan.

Very curious for your opinion on from once you're through, This sunday is the final episode of season 1.
I managed to continue a lot this weekend and I am at episode 1x06. I have to say that the first few episodes have been very entertaining to watch and drew me into this world with high expectation. Four episodes of well crafted scene setting with a fabulous mix of action, dialogue and good paced scenario reveal. Episode five and now six seem to have hit a wall delivering directionless dialogue with little or no action and most grievously a stationary story arc. From a promising beginning, this is heading downhill too fast and needs to get back on track. I hope the last remaining episodes pick up again.

So the newcomers set out to try and answer some questions... where does the power come from? Can they get a radio to work? Also (sort of) asking some new ones... why is that lamp flickering? Where did the flowers come from? Of course there's no answers to most...I hope they wrap it all up with a good explanation.

Still intrigued though and I hope this show doesn't end up pushing me down that path.

EC | ADC

Old 04-11-2022, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I'm sure some explanations will come, but also new quetions. Similar as in Lost. I think it's set for more than one season. So there will be unanswered questions at the end of season 1.

I will watch the last episode tonight and post in spoiler tags about it here then.
Old 04-12-2022, 11:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ah I thought it was a mini series and we'd get all answers in the last episode So if season 2 is coming then of course it won't wrap up. Now it's clearer thanks for the information

EC | ADC

Old 04-13-2022, 02:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

My last movie was Fantastic Beasts 3 yesterday. There's lots of spectacular looking CGI and special effects, but most of the action was in dark scenes which made it hard to see what was going on and for all the magic in the film, it had none of the awe or amazement of the Harry Potter films. Some funny moments and the acting and music was good (especially Mads Mikkaelson) but the secrets were underwhelming and I saw a lot of them coming actually.
Old 04-13-2022, 03:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

^ I need to see that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
Ah I thought it was a mini series and we'd get all answers in the last episode So if season 2 is coming then of course it won't wrap up. Now it's clearer thanks for the information
Yeah most questions remain unanswered.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm at 1x08 now. It's starting to pick up speed finally. We learn quite a bit at this point. A good pace of development, but it is a pity that 8 episodes have already arrived and only two more remain. A couple of episodes in the middle were very slow, with a lot of talk that took time. Now a lot of answers revealed, more back story, new mysteries to be unfolded in the upcoming two episodes, a really nice setup for what is anticipated to be the climax in the next two episodes!

EC | ADC

Old 04-14-2022, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

^ Yeah i very much agree with that.
Old 04-15-2022, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

I still need to watch Fantastic Beasts 3 yet
Old 04-15-2022, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Me too, perhaps in 1-2 weeks, maybe in cinemas. Also will watch the new batman at home, once I find a good stream.
Old 04-16-2022, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

curious for your thoughts guys!
Old 04-16-2022, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heda_Khaleesi (View Post)
curious for your thoughts guys!
On fantastic beasts or the batman?
Old 04-17-2022, 01:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

Probably both since she has seen both
Old 04-18-2022, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

yep meant both for which one are you more excited Gabriel?
Old 04-18-2022, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Fantastic beasts tbh, since I'm not sure I'll enjoy a dark and gloomy batman for 3 hours.

But the batman is out now on the free sites in good quality, so i guess I will watch it soon, probably friday or so.

Last edited by Arrakis; 04-18-2022 at 07:51 PM
Old 04-19-2022, 02:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Finished last episode of From. So the first 9 episodes of From are actually fantastic in my opinion. And when in episode 10 the kid Ethan says "that's his part of the quest and this is ours," plus with the other 2 in the woods forming a third component, it almost seemed like this was all going to come together in some spectacular way. But no. Absolutely nothing happened. This was not a season finale at all. Zero questions were answered, zero storylines were cleared up. The creepy person on the radio to Jim was great! I loved that! And of course Victor showed up again, which he had to and I was glad to see him because he's possibly my favorite character, but even that was totally unexplained. They better give us more answers in season 2, however I am hooked

EC | ADC

Closed Thread   Post New Thread