Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-27-2016, 05:58 AM
Moderator Support Team

Board Closure Dec 11th - Time to say goodbye :(

Val and I have been discussing this, and we think that it may be time to close this board. Our post counts have been declining over the past few months and we have very few regular posters. Also the show will only return in 2018 and its been really hard to keep the conversation going. As you know, Fan Forum requires that we average at least 15 posts per day, with lower numbers than that leading to warnings and then possible closure of the board. We would prefer to go out under our own terms rather than be forced to close due to low post counts.

Please let us know what you think. We'd be glad to hear any suggestions or advice to renew interest here. Remember that to keep the board going, we need the commitment of a few regular, dedicated posters. As much as we love this board, please don't just post to "save" the board and then disappear again, because we'll be in the same position that we're in now if you do.

Val and I love the show and this board but also we both have very busy lives at the moment, we cant give the board the dedication and time it deserves. so if you want to save the board there also would need to be 2 people that would would love to moderate it.

Thanks.

your mods

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-27-2016, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Suz and Val.

I would hate to see the board go. I know I haven't been the best poster here [coming every blue moon] and it is difficult with the show being on hiatus most of the year, like Daredevil and other Netflix original shows.

I'd like to give this board another shot though. With The Defenders series coming and other Marvel superheroes, I think this board will be alright. Especially when the new season of Jessica Jones comes around! The process to add a board isn't easy so I don't want to so quickly say bye to it, you know? I know you all thought about this decision long and hard. Superheroes have a special place in my heart.

#SaveJessicaJones'16.

And speaking of Daredevil, I'll also make a serious effort to post more there also!
Old 11-27-2016, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I hate it to see the board go as well and with the Defenders coming out next year and with an new season of JJ I think the board posts will increase since we will have more and more stuff to talk about. I'll try post on here as much as I can.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's great to see you here and around a lot lately. I hope you do stick around!

Suz and Val, does that mean you are both stepping down as moderator? I would love to moderate the board to give it a second chance. I would like a partner in crime though.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm really sorry to hear this board may close
Old 11-27-2016, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing the sun (View Post)
It's great to see you here and around a lot lately. I hope you do stick around!
Yeah definitely planning on it haha and I'll be able to join more and more boards when I finish off my watch/rewatch list.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:30 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm really sorry about this Val & Suz. I know we've talked about this via PMs but it still saddens me to see this thread up.

As much as I don't want this board to close, we haven't had a lot of posters lately. It was great when the board was new but I've been here since Day 1 and there are just a few of us left posting. If someone will step up to help this board, you should be able to keep this board afloat with just a few posters. I can't guarantee posting here everyday but I try to be here at least every week to help. Remember that we have a very long hiatus ahead, S2 will be in 2018 so 2017 will be very hard for this board.

I want to give a chance to this board but I don't want us to be at this same situation again next year before we even get S2. I would have loved to mod this board but I really don't have time these days. So I'm honestly torn. I want to close it but if there's someone else willing to step up, then I'd like that.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet. ✨

Old 11-28-2016, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

I would like to also reach out to some Jessica Jones sites and fans on Tumblr and other social media sites.

I feel we could also plan something with Daredevil like a live re-watch of Marvel shows where we can watch both shows and Luke Cage and other activities like trivia and doing another survivor here.
Old 11-28-2016, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yeah an rewatch or an surviour could help up the post numbers of this forum.

Last edited by stlavin95; 11-28-2016 at 04:57 PM
Old 11-29-2016, 11:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for all the feedback. I would love to see the board survive but yes both Val and me would step down so we need people dedicated to the board who would be willing to step up to moderate it and to keep it going until the next season is out and after. Like lindsay and I said it will be a very long time til that and I also dont want to see the board at the same page as right now in about half a year or so. so please take that into consideration that we need someone for long term and whose heart beats for JJ

I agree that survivors can keep up the post count but even for that you need at least 5 regular posters for votes. Fansites and reaching out is also a good idea but please keep in mind that the run will be a very long one til 2018

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-29-2016, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, thanks for all the feedback everyone

It's definitely something we have thought about for a while and this decision, no matter how it turns out, is not something we take lightly our ideal situation would of course be to see this board survive, it's such a cool show and if the hiatus wasn't this damn long, I'm sure things would already be different. But yes, the sad reality is that both Suz and I have decided to step down regardless, so if anyone were to step up and be willing to give a shot at moderating this board, we'd be very grateful and would wish you nothing but the best, but doing that and only seeing the board back in the same situation a couple months down the line wouldn't be a solution, so please really think about it if you think that's something you'd be up for
Old 11-29-2016, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, it doesn't sound like many of you have much faith in this board staying afloat. And obviously I can't do this alone. My ideas don't seem to be taken in much stride either. Though if we look at some other boards on here, there are slower boards like Jessica Jones that are doing just fine, meeting their minimum of 105 posts, even if just barely. I've also seen some boards who have a harder time but have reached out for help among the Fan Forum community. I, for example, am always willing to help, especially for a topic I am familiar with (and even with a topic I am not so familiar with). I am a fan of many, many shows, but unfortunately can't get around to posting on as many boards as I would like. To further show how much I've sold my soul to Fan Forum, any new shows (new to me) I start out of boredom, I do make sure there is a board on Fan Forum for it. So I can help post there and sound like I know what I'm talking about.

I want to help boards that want to survive and fight to keep afloat. So I'm sorry to have bothered here, as there is an overwhelming ratio leaning towards closing it.

No hard feelings toward either of you, Suz/Val. If your hearts aren't into the show/board anymore, it's understandable. I've had plenty of shows I have been feeling meh about. Agents of SHIELD being one of them. But I still watch, so if you need extra hands there, just holler! Easier to reach me through PM. Most of you don't know but when Miros saw this board (JJ) nearing 48 hours without a post one time, she PM'ed me to throw some posts here and we had a little posting spree!

If you want to close it, as you said Lindsay, then go ahead. There are plenty of other boards to post on here!
Old 11-29-2016, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just saw the note, and this saddens me. I was definitely one of those posters who was here a lot at the beginning, and then the hiatus and RL resulted in me not stopping by this board anymore.

I'll definitely make an effort to stop by more if the board stays open, but I am too busy to permanently mod this board.

I do love the show, but 2018 is a really long time away.

ETA I posted about the possible closure on the JJ thread on the TV board in case there are any posters/lurkers there that may see it and feel urged to come post here.

Big lights will inspire you

Last edited by lizzybug57; 11-29-2016 at 10:24 PM
Old 11-30-2016, 02:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Hopefully that leads to some people posting on here since I don't want to close this board.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Lizzy!