Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2016, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

2x04: "KUBARK" Episode Discussion Thread (10/23/2016 @ 10PM)

2x04 - Kubark
Episode Discussion Thread

;the s y n o p s i s

“Kubark” – The trainees are put through a training drill that tests their stress levels while Alex tries to gather information and get close to Owen. Meanwhile, in the future, the terrorist organization demands a trade, a move that could possibly end the stand-off, on “Quantico,” airing SUNDAY, OCTOBER 23 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on the ABC Television Network.

“Quantico” stars Priyanka Chopra as Alex Parrish, Blair Underwood as Owen Hall, Aunjanue Ellis as Miranda Shaw, Jake McLaughlin as Ryan Booth, Johanna Braddy as Shelby Wyatt, Yasmine Al Massri as Nimah and Raina Amin, Russell Tovey as Harry Doyle and Pearl Thusi as Dayana Mampasi.

Guest starring are Aaron Diaz as Leon Velez, Tracy Ifeachor as Lydia Bates and Alan Crawford as Jonathan Walker.

“Kubark” was written by Jordon Nardino and directed by Steve Robin.

Last edited by Heidsdk; 10-24-2016 at 12:51 AM
Old 10-23-2016, 10:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

This episode was great, I loved it. Lydia was very sassy with that retort she made to Ryan in the last 5-10 minutes of the episode. Also, Owen analyzed Alex like a psychology text book. Luckily, Alex and Ryan succeeded in their mission and got the required intel which surprised me at the end. I can't believe Leigh Davis was the one that bugged them.

Oh and speaking of which, I don't know if it is me but I feel this great chemistry between Léon and Dayana. I liked the fact that they had a private conversation about the stress that they experienced from their recent training exercise. One thing though, I am very confused is Sebastian, he still seems like a mystery to me. Owen mentioned that his fear is shame. What is his secret? He did mention to Harry that he considered suicide but what was the reason behind that? Was it depression? Is he gay? I hope they expand upon his backstory in the next few episodes. Lastly, I am so shocked at Miranda, what the what? How could she betray Alex, Raina and Shelby like that?

Last edited by elainshawa; 10-23-2016 at 10:42 PM
Old 10-24-2016, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ok i stil dont like Miranda wanting sooo bad to trade i dont like miranda pushing that guy out to the street i mean she has lost it i think
so weird! and Shelby is right about that

OMG MIRANDA IS ONE OF THEM!!!!! WTF!! I KNEW IT, i told you guys!!!!

And in the farm time, what is that key Ryan got

Dont u dare talking bad about Simon, Lydia!

omg the scene with realeasin the hostages was intence and miranda saying she doesnt understand, nope guys she is a huge red alert there

ooh snap and now shelby knows
this is exciting

and i did feel the connection between Leon and Dayana for sure, i thought it was a cute moment between them

and yeah the thing with Sebastian is very confusing

and Miranda is just , how did she become one of them? or was she with Liam from the beginning? im just i dont like miranda anymore!
Old 10-24-2016, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, this episode was amazing!!! One of the best this season if you ask me.

First of all, Liam was Ryan's father?????? Did I get that right????

Miranda is one of them??? Really? Damn it, I really wanted to believe it isn't so... But she is. And Shelby knows! She knows! OMFG, I love this season already!

But aside from that, too many information... Who was that Wyatt guy they were talking about? Is it somebody from Shelby's family? And what was Boyle's mission? He shot himself, it must have been something really bad.

Lydia and Owen, now they are teaming up to find out who got him out of the field and into office/the Farm duty? Or is she just playing him now as well since she was calling this unknown person at the end of last week's episode? I'm really confused.

We found out who placed the bug, it was Leigh! Why??? I'm glad that Alex and Ryan found out.

Sebastian, he tried to commit suicide when he was still young... Did I get that right at least? Damn it, I'm so tired today. Sorry for all the questions.

Harry, he is gay I guess? And his friend killed himself for it as well? Or tried to?

Dayana and Leon are kind of really connecting... I like that, it's a nice change.

And the talk that Alex and Ryan had. I loved it as well and I loved that they didn't find out about his weakness.

Oh, was it just me who got this today but the mission to infiltrate the Farm with the help of Alex and Ryan was stopped/canceled half a year ago from the future timeline which means that Alex and Ryan stayed there for half a year?

Raina realized that Miranda can't be trusted either... Do you think that Alex realized it as well?
Old 10-24-2016, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

I'm way to tired to speak about the episode other then saying I did love it

Also so I see a Trend here, Liam was the Traitor in the Last season and was the FBI Director and now Miranda is the FBI Directer and is one of them.. So if the show continues is this where they are heading or am I reading to much into things?
Old 10-24-2016, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraSidleStokes (View Post)
I'm way to tired to speak about the episode other then saying I did love it

Also so I see a Trend here, Liam was the Traitor in the Last season and was the FBI Director and now Miranda is the FBI Directer and is one of them.. So if the show continues is this where they are heading or am I reading to much into things?
see that could very well be, but again it would be very obvious and if thats the case, they should make the bad guy someone else than the director each time
that would be to easy i think, and bad written somehow if thats the case :/
Old 10-25-2016, 03:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't know, I still think it is kind of odd to reveal Miranda as being one of the bad/evil ones right in the beginning of this early season.
Furthermore it feels so repetitive. First Liam is the big bad and now Miranda?
I really hope that there is more to it, if not, I think this is pretty lame.

Well, this is what Josh Safran (the executive producer of Quantico) had to say about this episode:
Quantico: Showrunner talks channeling Mr. Robot, writing personal story for Harry | EW.com

Oh, and I found this here on twitter with regards to the Liam/Ryan question:

Last edited by Hummelchen; 10-25-2016 at 03:27 AM
Old 10-29-2016, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah i think so to, and as he says that miranda is an double agent, so yeah there is that so i guess she is evil and not on the team with shelby and those guys, gosh i hope we get it explained
Old 10-29-2016, 10:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)

First of all, Liam was Ryan's father?????? Did I get that right????

But aside from that, too many information... Who was that Wyatt guy they were talking about? Is it somebody from Shelby's family? And what was Boyle's mission? He shot himself, it must have been something really bad.

Lydia and Owen, now they are teaming up to find out who got him out of the field and into office/the Farm duty? Or is she just playing him now as well since she was calling this unknown person at the end of last week's episode? I'm really confused.

We found out who placed the bug, it was Leigh! Why??? I'm glad that Alex and Ryan found out.

Harry, he is gay I guess? And his friend killed himself for it as well? Or tried to?

Oh, was it just me who got this today but the mission to infiltrate the Farm with the help of Alex and Ryan was stopped/canceled half a year ago from the future timeline which means that Alex and Ryan stayed there for half a year?

No Liam is not Ryan's father
He was talking about Lydia and Owen and made a sarcastic dig at her "it's probably easier than working with my father"
It definitely was a confusing line, but it was a retort made at her, not literally working with HIS OWN father, but about Lydia working with her father.

Sorry if my explanation is confusing lol

Eric Boyer was trying to clue in Shelby about Miranda. I guess he knew who Shelby was b/c he apologized for hacking the McGreggor-Wyatt email system in 2012. That's Shelby's family company FYI. He was cryptically telling her to check personal emails in 2012 once he gets inside with the terrorists. My guess is once he got inside and had access to a computer, he hacked her MG-W account and sent an email to let her know about Miranda and had that email backdated to Dec 2012 hidden in the 2012 email folder.

We don't know what the terrorists wanted him to do YET, but he went against them and shot himself before helping their mission. Yeah it's probably really bad.

I'm wondering if Matthew Keyes is the one responsible for getting Owen benched 15 years ago as a CIA op. I guess we'll eventually learn more.

Yep Harry is gay and possibly Sebastian too?

I'm curious to know why Leigh bugged the farm & what she is up to also

The CIA training is supposed to be 6 months (I believe Owen mentioned it in the first episode). The mission lasted 6 months, but they aborted it due to it being a failed mission I guess. Part of me wonders if Miranda took things into her own hands at that point, but it's hard to tell since she seems solidly doing everything against Alex Raina & Shelby.

Last edited by TravelHopper; 10-29-2016 at 10:14 PM