Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2017, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Empire 3x14 "Love is a Smoke" Episode Discussion [04/26/2017]

3x14
"Love is a Smoke"

Lucious gets unexpected news from Cookie; Giuliana persuades Lucious to comply with her new plans; Anika and Tariq devise a new way forward.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Previously on Empire
Oh this Angelo/Cookie/Lucious triangle being promoted,
I guess we will see some more of that in this episode.

Oh yeah and the episode ended with that Giuliana cliffhanger.

Episode starts with Lucious at the piano... oh this is a flashback to when he was with Giuliana.

I can't believe Jordan and Quentin were together before. Harper can't be happy with that...

Cookie and Lucious scene, not starting off with an argument and debating, refreshing. ... oh that didn't last too long. lol Oh back to normal. It seems Cookie is very emotional here.
Cookie telling Lucious about Angelo, and how he's been hinting at a marriage proposal. And Lucious pretending to be cool with it.

Lucious ain't worried because what Cookie/Angelo doesn't compare to what he had with Cookie, and Lucious said if they get married, than he will fall back.

Nice to see them having a good mature conversation.

How long before Andre and Giu sleep together? It's starting to seem inevitable... if ANdre/Giu sleep together, she'll be the second person on the show to sleep with father/son on this show. Wait actually the 3rd woman. This is really turning into a Soap series.

Oh Giuliana goes by Giusi for short, that works for me since I was typing her name as Giu.
Tory is a character I haven't grown on yet...

Oh Andre is 100% against Tory and Lucious doing anything together!
Oh and Giu shut him down very quick... I am really enjoying the Giusi/Andre dynamic
. And especially Giuliana character so much!

Oh Giusy saying that Lucious didn't remember her, so she didn't leave much of an impression... and come on Lucious totally remembered her.

Man another "Coocious" mention. Please some character thinking of "Lookie" it's so much better.
I like seeing Angelo the Mayor with this sense of humour.

Oh I love that Andre is asking Jamal if he should ask Cookie to marry him. ANd of course Jamal is supportive, he's Anti-Coocious.
Jamal telling Angelo that Coocious is over... aww too bad he believe that. I wish it was true to Jamal, but Cookie and Lucious are still on...

Jamal giving Angelo some great advice about how to keep Cookie.

I love how Jamal really wants what's best for his mother because Cookie deserves the best after everything she's been through.

Cookie and Giusi meeting again. So, did they really forget how they met at the salon? lol I think Giusi definitely remembers, not sure if Cookie does though...

Giusi. I really love her. lol I guess it's just how her personality is, she doesn't take much nonsense.
I feel all the women characters are like that on the series. Anika was like that until she got a major revamped for the worst in Season 2.

We are seeing how Giusi and Lucious met, they met when they were gambling in Vegas it seems. Oh now it seems Lucious definitely remembers...

Oh a mention of Rafael? who Cookie doesn't know and neither does the audience..
Oh wait, Rafael is Giu ex. Just remembered that.

Seems Lucious knows the whole rundown on Giusi, great memory.

Also, Cookie trying to remember where she knows Giusi from, don't worry Cookie, it's not serious. It was the hair salon. lol

A family dinner. This definitely might go wrong.

Aww Cookie being nice to Hakeem for once.
Brought extra plantains just for him.

Oh it's a scene with Cookie and her sons, not a whole family dinner so this should go well.

Oh Hakeem back to his immature ways... too old to have a stepfather, that's why he didn't want Cookie to get married. Okay Hakeem. lol WTF?

I love how much Jamal loves his mother. It's about Cookie in her happiness, she made some many sacrifices for Lucious, it's time to move on and have a better life.

GO ahead Jamal.

That's nice, the last track on the Cookie met Lucious album will be about Cookie finding her happiness.

Andre is of course full support however with an motive... Cookie has to support his deal with Vegas all the way even if Lucious tries to do something.
Yeah, Jamal wondering how this became about Andre. lol

And Andre and Hakeem truly wonder why Cookie loves Jamal the most.

Thirsty wondering about Rafael....
And of course Shine knows it all. Shine is just good at not revealing anything since he's really working with Andre.

Oh Becky is here... unexpected.

Oh she wants Lucious to hear Tory...

Lucious telling Shine to find out what happened with Rafael... of course he knows even if he made a mistake by referring to him in the past tense.

Tory Ash is a good soul singer. And Lucious likes how Becky spotted her talent this way.
Lucious telling Becky to release her song tonight, he's going up against Andre and Nessa... smart of Lucious...

Oh Tariq and Anika are in this episode? It was starting to seem like we wouldn't see them. This show sure does have a lot of characters....

Aww Bella is crying.
Cookie using her motherly skills.

Cookie saying Boo Boo Kitty. And Lucious saying my thoughts exactly, it's been a long time since Cookie used that nickname.

I'd be surprised if Tariq doesn't see anything weird with this... hopefully he's smart enough to know he's getting place.

Haha. Cookie and Lucious scene with Bella.
Cookie agrees when Anika called Lucious a animal. Lucious telling Cookie not to tell Bella bad things about him... awww. lol

Anika showing fake caring towards Tariq....
Cookie and Lucious credit Anika for coming through for them.
Cookie and Lucious seems like the co-parents of Bella in this scene.

Angelo called and it's obviously why, and Lucious knows it as well... not sure if Cookie is ready for it though.

Lucious said Anika was never family.
Cookie said that only 2 women has been able to put up with Lucious and that's Anika and her. Is she shipping Anika/Lucious now?

Oh Tariq is calling Lucious? He had to know it was a set up right?
Oh sorry, it's Shine calling. lol About to say.

I wonder who Shine is chatting with.

I like this Cookie and Lucious scene. Anytime Lucious is acting selfless, that's a nice surprise.
He let her go because he knows Angelo is about to propose to her and he wants her to be happy.

Oh my goodness. Wow, he didn't ask the question that Cookie accepted. lololol
I love the way Cookie drink that. lol sort of embarrassing.

Oh Giusi with the gun on Lucious...

Giusi has the gun on Lucious to get his attention.
More flashbacks to Giusi and Lucious Vegas night.

Lucious seemed he was falling for her deeply...?? wonder if he was lying.

Oh this is when Rafael was alive... oh so Lucious got betrayal from Giusi. So, he really did care for her at the time.

Giusi telling Lucious about what happened to her and Rafael, and she was stuck with him for 15 years, until she killed him.

Nia Long is an incredible actress. It's difficult to know what side she's playing.

No way Lucious is buying this...

Anika slept over Tari's apartment.

She's definitely gonna get caught....
Anika trying to hide that listening device she has on her.
Quick change clothes there, Anika.

I like Tiana look in this episode.

Tiana and Hakeem introducing Tory Ash to Empre Xtreme.

What is Tiana doing? This look like some sexual tension with Tiana and TOry or am I seeing things?
Oh it seems Hakeem is liking it, so I guess this was how it's suppose to be...

Didn't Tiana cheat on Hakeem with a woman in season 1?

Hakeem definitely attracted to Tinashe...
How long before they sleep together?

I don't think Tiana is happy with that little exchange.

See, that's why you don't return to your cheater, I guess. lol

Jamal doesn't like Tory being around all the drinking.
Tory upset with the judgement from Jamal....

Tariq knocking on the door... and Lucious is there....

Oh.
Tariq finding out Anika was wearing a wire. Thanks to Lucious who is telling Tariq everything...

Surprised that Tariq was this stupid.....

Lucious packed some money for Tariq.
And he's giving Tariq a chance to run with the money...
Nice brotherly move.

Angelo and Cookie in their first interview together as a couple.
Ms. Dubios still doesn't seem to be a fan of Cookie...

I love how Cookie hood side always comes out.

Oh... Cookie is proposing to Cookie on live television. Cookie didn't expect this at all.

She didn't really say yes.
The Grant Kelly Show proposal where the woman didn't really say yes... it seems seeing that ring on her finger made it way too real for her...
Diana Dubois doesn't seem impressed, or probably she knows Cookie doesn't want to marry her son...

Angelo talking up about Nessa to Giu.

Charlotte Frost, a new character on the show portrayed by Eva Longoria.
Head of the Gaming Commission is who's Frost is.

Also, Lucious tells Andre that he and Nessa are out.

Cookie is upset with Angelo here right now, she felt she was put on the spot.
She is freaking out it seems.

I love that Cookie is finally opening up to Angelo...

Of course. Cookie is on live.
Cookie finally reveals the truth about Lucious.

Aww Cookie is crying.

I understand why Angelo feel this bad though.
And Diana just being a great mother right now, defending her child.

It's not different from what Lucious and Cookie would do for their child.

Tory Ash performance.

Nessa, Shine and Andre are very upset right now.
Oh... it seems Lucious is back at it with Giu.

Too bad that Lucous is most likely getting played yet again...
Cookie sees Giu with Lucious.
I don't feel sad for Cookie at all.

Old 04-27-2017, 12:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Andre about go full gangsta on us I'm ready the visuals I'm thinking of are really hot I don't think he is tryna sleep with Gui anymore Charlotte Frost, on the other hand, I can see that one coming Nessa will be pissed

I feel bad for Angelo but I felt this coming

I honestly knew Tariq would be that stupid his feud with Lucious he thinks he winning by getting his wife to turn against him sucks for him now he on the run but he will back
Icon - TV Fanatic90
Old 04-27-2017, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I think that Andre is going to sleep with someone who's not Nessa this season. I thought it was Giusi but seeing as how she's back with Lucious again, don't see it. So, it might be Charlotte he sleeps with.

I feel for Angelo because I can see his point of view of wishing he had listened to his mother.

I am shocked that Tariq fell for all of this, he must be really non smart.... I think you can see by my live comments that I really didn't think Tariq was going to fall for this. lol
Old 04-27-2017, 12:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Andre def gonna sleep with someone that's not his GF so I'm pre-mad at him because my girl don't deserve this

Tariq is like all the men on this show they all hoes if we honest so I saw this coming

my heart did go out to Angelo but again I also think he loved the chase not saying he didn't care for cookie I believe he did but did love the chase and doing those things to get on her good side
Icon - TV Fanatic90
Old 04-27-2017, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I think the main issue with Angelo is that deep within, he knew that Cookie was in love with Lucious but he kept brushing it aside although all the signs were there.... I guess he was blinded by love....
Sadly, he knew how Cookie was. He probably should've been walked away from her and her baggage and listened to his mother. However, he wanted to go AGAINST what everything even his subconscious was telling him and that's what I find sad.

Trying to believe in someone even if there are so many reasons not to and you get played by not following your instincts, and I think that's how he feels.

I agree with you on Nessa, I don't think she should get cheated on... and hopefully that doesn't happen...
Old 04-28-2017, 12:16 AM
Loyal Fan

^^yes he saw the red flags and he ignored them so this also partly his fault as much as it is hers yes she lead on him on but knew that too

and I really wanna believe it won't happen I do believe he cares about Nessa but I don't think he's willing to change how he does business for her
Icon - TV Fanatic90
Old 04-28-2017, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yup, Angelo should've followed his instincts and sadly listen to those who said he shouldn't be with her. He probably was hoping his love could be enough but sadly it's not.
At this point though, Cookie needs to be ALL in on Lucious and NOT lead anyone else on. Just be with him through even the bad and that's it.... no more playing victim or bringing up the past, just accept him with his flaws since she'll always go back to him...

I don't really know how Andre feels about Nessa, that's why I never really liked the timing of his relationship with Nessa. It happened to soon after he lost his wife. I mean she was there in spirit when Andre and Nessa first had sex. So, I just don't know how Andre feels... I do think he cares about her but he is use to a certain lifestyle (not good lifestyle) he had with Rhonda...
Old 04-29-2017, 01:12 AM
Loyal Fan

^^ I agree if she wants Lucious she has to be all in good bad and the very ugly no more new love interests

The reason I say I feel he cares about her is because they are moving in together yes the way they happened was fast but in terms of time from Rhonda dying to them hooking like in show time how long was that I dunno but me personally I would be talking about moving in with someone unless strong feelings were involved
Icon - TV Fanatic90
Old 04-29-2017, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yup, Cookie just has to accept Lucious with all his flaws at this point.

I agree with you on that. By Andre actions, it feels that he truly does care about her, it's just difficult to really understand his mind... it'd be nice to see his point of view on things more. However, sleeping around is something Andre's ever done, not sure if he'll stop that for Nessa even if he cares about her since it's what he's always done.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:53 AM
Loyal Fan

I agree 100%

I really hope they have Sierra coming back next season
Icon - TV Fanatic90
Old 04-30-2017, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG!!! The scene with Angelo and Cookie!!! And the ending with Lookie. My heart dropped.

It was an exciting episode. I liked it.

Doesn't Tory sound like Amy Winehouse?
Old 04-30-2017, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I never liked Angelo cause he was too much of a mama's boy plus he kept talking down to the lyon's which I hate. Cookie was right he is a bougie mofo
Old 04-30-2017, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I never liked Angelo cause he was too much of a mama's boy plus he kept talking down to the lyon's which I hate. Cookie was right he is a bougie mofo
With the way he got treated and sort of used, it seems he should've been MORE of a Mama's Boy and never stayed with Cookie when everyone told him not to.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
With the way he got treated and sort of used, it seems he should've been MORE of a Mama's Boy and never stayed with Cookie when everyone told him not to.
IT's just unnatural for a 44 year old man to be that attached to his mother. He saw all the signs, he should have known better, I just think he was arrogant enough that he thought he could compete with 30 years of history.