Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2022, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think they've done it reasonably tastefully. They have some businesses that are taken from the show - like Wally's Service Station and Floyd's Barber Shop. And they have a replica of the Mayberry courthouse. You can also tour the town in a police squad car that looks just like Sheriff Andy's. But they also do a lot to honor Andy Griffith apart from Mayberry. There is a community theater that is named for him and they have a variety of performances there every year. It's underwritten by the county so most of the shows are very affordable. Plus they have a museum that traces Andy's life and achievements. Recently Betty Lynn, who played Barney's girlfriend, passed away. She actually lived in Mt. Airy and the town held a big memorial for her.

All in all, it's a nice day trip for folks who live in the area, and it would make a nice stopover if you're passing through.

~Heidi
Old 06-30-2022, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

https://www.fanforum.com/f467/garage...14-a-63263570/

Closed Thread   Post New Thread