Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2019, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have zero inspiration for new stuff, but thankfully I still feel pretty good about what I actually have in progress. I think immensely enjoying multiple couples helps keep it fresh for me.

Old 03-23-2019, 12:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterFreak001 (View Post)
I've put myself on a hiatus with my stories for Scorpion... I just lost the inspiration and think everything I write is a big pile of dog poop. So for now, I'm taking a break until inspiration finds its way back to me. I'm currently investing a lot of my time in a new fandom of mine with gifs and fanfics. Perhaps a break would be good for me so that when I do come back to writing Scorpion fanfics, I will feel more refreshed and inspired.
I am really sorry that you are taking a break from your Scorpion stories because I really loved them and I need to know how Fading and Reverse Psychology turn out please do not be like CBS and leave us hanging I hope your inspiration returns
Old 03-23-2019, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie (View Post)
I am really sorry that you are taking a break from your Scorpion stories because I really loved them and I need to know how Fading and Reverse Psychology turn out please do not be like CBS and leave us hanging I hope your inspiration returns
Please remember fanfic is not our jobs and we do not get paid. No one likes when fics aren't finished but we all have lives and do this for fun.

Old 03-24-2019, 03:28 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm sorry you feel that way, Kimberly, because I really enjoy your stories, but if the inspiration isn't there you can't force it. I hope you find your way back to us one day. I'm glad you've found another fandom who can enjoy your talents in the meantime.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I got to bounce some of my ideas for Go Down Together off a friend from Tumblr today, and it was so nice to be able to talk the ideas out with someone.

Old 04-03-2019, 07:14 AM
Absolute Fan

I love talking about ideas with fellow writers. It's so easy to get caught up in a story you're writing and go off on a strange plot tangent, or write someone out of character, that it really helps to have a neutral third party to give you some advice.

I just posted Chapter 11 of The T-Word. It feels like forever since I had any time to write, but I finally had a few hours to myself.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Anyone ever have their writing slowed down just because the content is emotionally draining on you?

I've been working on the same couple scenes for literal MONTHS because I do research and I start crying/get tired, or I write a little bit and I'm feeling the same way. There's a ton of research I have to do for this thing I'm working on despite already kinda having personal-ish experience with it, and it's hard to write - not because of writer's block or not being passionate about the material, but because it's so easy to just get super deep into it.

Old 04-10-2019, 12:05 PM
Absolute Fan

I've certainly been affected emotionally when I'm writing several times. There's a particular plot thread running through Sunshine and Sea Air (I won't spoil it for you!) that makes me really emotional, but I don't find it particularly difficult to write. However, Sunshine... is a generally happy/uplifting story so it's not really that much of a disturbing storyline, just emotional.

I wrote a story once that I based on a terrible series of events that I was led to believe happened to a friend of mine (now ex-friend!) and I found that very emotional to write at the time, but I later found out that her 'story' was... let's say "embellished"... so it now triggers a completely different kind of emotion for me. It was a good story though and one I'm still proud of from an authorial point of view!

Last edited by Cyclone139; 04-10-2019 at 01:43 PM
Old 04-10-2019, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm definitely going through that with this fic. I'm working on it and it's drawn partly from personal experience but also requires research (like how I can relate to Sylvester with the anxiety, but different things trigger our anxiety, so while I can sort of know how he feels, I can't say I totally understand either). So I'll be writing, say, a panic attack, or someone going through depression, and I'll be allowing myself to come out in it, but it's a panic attack that has different symptoms than mine, or it's a different kind of depression, so while I have to lose myself in it in some way, so I can allow my authentic experiences to shape it, I also have to be careful that it's true to the character AND that it progresses in different ways than mine, because it's triggered by other things. That's so emotionally draining but I hope it will be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)
I wrote a story once that I based on a terrible series of events that I was led to believe happened to a friend of mine (now ex-friend!) and I found that very emotional to write at the time, but I later found out that her 'story' was... let's say "embellished"... so it now triggers a completely different kind of emotion for me. It was a good story though and one I'm still proud of from an authorial point of view!
I remember you mentioning this!

Old 04-11-2019, 04:57 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I remember you mentioning this!
Sorry for repeating myself, but it still makes me angry when I think about it!

Good luck with your fic, Nicole. I'm sure if you're investing so much emotionally in it, it will be great. Just be careful, you don't want it to have an adverse affect on your own health.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I *usually* find fic like that more cathartic than harmful, thankfully.

Old 04-12-2019, 05:37 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I *usually* find fic like that more cathartic than harmful, thankfully.
That's good.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:19 AM
Absolute Fan

Chapter 12 of The T-Word is finally posted. I wish I could just shut myself away for a month and write, but sadly that's not going to happen!
Old 05-17-2019, 02:40 PM
Absolute Fan

It's been so long since we posted in this thread it had dropped onto page 2.

Anyway, I posted Chapter 13 of The T-Word today, it feels like forever since I updated the story!
Old 05-18-2019, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And yet I still managed to be behind.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread