Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-30-2017, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Possible Board Closure Discussion: Please Read and Respond!

Sarah as solo moderator, and I think that it may be time to close this board.

Please let me know what you think. I'd be glad to hear any suggestions or advice to renew interest here. Remember that to keep the board going, we need the commitment of a few regular, dedicated posters. As much as I love this board, please don't just post to "save" the board and then disappear again, because I'll be in the same position that I'm in now if you do.
Seems that when I campaigned and got the show a board again I was unfortunately fooling myself thinking that it could work but guess without anything new, it seems that the interest isn't there even if people voted to have the board open...SO...

Its a heavy heart that I do this cause this show and I have some history cause when it originally aired during the original board, it was my first moderator position that held for about 9 months than I left to come back to the board closing. I campaigned off and on for a few years to finally getting it back June 2015 which made me so happy.

I had a perfect co-moderator that loved it as much as me but real life/other stuff got in the way and she had to step down. Since the board has been surviving on games and no real conversation. Have tried to start re-watches in order to gain some posters to help with discussion but have yet to start a watch. If people want the board to stay, I'm game for a rewatch, if people are willing to discuss on the board. I'm all ears for suggestions and ideas cause I would be happy to keep the board open but right now its myself and 1 other poster who hasn't seen the show. So not willing to keep open on games and actually want even 1-2 people to talk about the show with.

Sarah

Last edited by crash landing; 03-31-2017 at 06:02 PM
Old 04-01-2017, 07:06 AM
Moderator Support Team

Such a hard thing to do exspecailly the older shows and boards it is a lot harder to find people wanting to discuss it again .. i hope some people see this and still interested in the show would want to help you out .. if not im sorry for you to go through this just to let you know all your hard work has not been forgotten you have came this far
Old 04-01-2017, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks Petra
Old 04-01-2017, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

This is so sad because I know how much you love this board, Sarah. I was in the same situation you were in LESS than a month ago with the 24 board. But sadly if people don't post, it's pretty difficult to maintain a board.

It also seems to be a trend with a lot of boards lately and I wonder if it's because there are a lot of new social media sites? Because I've seen the decline on a lot of boards and it really is painful to see because I know we all want our boards to remain but with a 15 daily posting limit, doing it yourself is a lot of stress and posting shouldn't seem like a job, it should be for the fun.

I understand either decision you make and I apologize it came down to this since this board came back from the dead.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

Sarah, I'm up for a rewatch. I'm free after 6 during the week and most weekends.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
Sarah, I'm up for a rewatch. I'm free after 6 during the week and most weekends.
Would you come and be a regular poster on the board? that's part of my problem right now - no one to talk too on threads and have discussion. Rewatch is one thing but actual coming out to the board threads is another thing
Old 04-01-2017, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

I'll come to the board to discuss the episodes we watch. Probably the character boards as well.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll give it this week upcoming Melissa if you can show me how much you see yourself being involved in the board. I'll re-consider the closure and than we can do weekend watches but I don't just want to keep it open solely for watches. I'll want threads to be discussed on
Old 04-01-2017, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

sorry to hear Sarah... I know how much you love BSG
Old 04-01-2017, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
sorry to hear Sarah... I know how much you love BSG
Well it's not for sure yet Melissa has some showing/proving to do before I make a decision
Old 04-01-2017, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

that would be great if Melissa helped out too

and thanks CoMod Tia for helping Sarah as well
Old 04-01-2017, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea love the LoT moderators but won't keep the board open without at least somebody on the board that has seen the show and discusses the show. So it's all up to Melissa at this point
Old 04-01-2017, 01:48 PM
Master Fan

Oooh, that's a lot of pressure.

I'll try because I do really love BSG. I need to start watching it again to remember how much I love it.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
Oooh, that's a lot of pressure.

I'll try because I do really love BSG. I need to start watching it again to remember how much I love it.
Haha. ALL THE PRESSURE! lololol You are the new unofficial mod of BSG. And you don't even post that much however, your posting improvement has shown in 2016 + 17.

Nice to know your love for the show though.

I hope other fans can join though because fans campaigned for the board to return. So, a lot of them should be posting as well even if it's once in awhile.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well I will keep the board open if you are able to commit time to the board we can do like live watches of 2 episodes per weekend and than I just ask that you stop by here and there during the week. So we can discuss the episodes/characters

It's just been really depressing without anybody to talk about the show and the board surviving off games has also been depressing