Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2015, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Penny Dreadful 2x05 - "Above the Vaulted Sky" Episode Discussion (May 31st)

Hecate returns to her mother with a gift; Evelyn works on a new totem; the mansion is attacked; the Creature grows impatient with Frankenstein; Rusk interrogates Ethan; Vanessa and the Creature's friendship deepens; Angelique is humiliated while out with Dorian.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for putting up the thread.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new one !
Old 05-30-2015, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No problem! Really looking forward to this one
Old 05-31-2015, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Me too
Old 05-31-2015, 03:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's today, It's today! I can't contain myself with excitement... and I still have a bunch of university assignments...
Old 06-01-2015, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Can't wait to see it
Old 06-01-2015, 04:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well, what can I say? It was a hell of an episode. I particularly loved the slight shift in the storyline to expose and make us doubt a bit of Ethan's character... We know he was awful and killed so many indiana... But he does awfully and truly regret it.

Also, we know he is of a highly protective and loyal personality, so getting to see how his and Vanessa's bond gradually grows is both a pain and a delight. A part of me wants to shout: kiss her already!

This episode left me incredibly curious to know his story.

I also have to bow down to John Logan and the Actors for making such an incredible and believable depiction of homossexual love and social and personal struggles.

There were quite many love scenes and a not so love scene with La Kali.
The dialogue between Vanessa and Caliban made me shiver and brought me to tears of emotion. What a beautiful meeting of misfits!

Finally, the look of what I van only assume was a possessed MS. Ives by the witches was awesome.

And por Gladys
Old 06-01-2015, 06:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Really this episode was magic. Have me hypnotized. Over all the finale part. Logan is just a genious. His personal mark was recorded in the end of the episode. Three relationships were consumatted, less Ethanessa. I´d should to be angry, but i´m not. Though my first reaction was full of anger. But now i understand what is happening. Ethanessa are called for make something really special and big. The rest of couples had a cute connection, sexy and wonderful. But Ethanessa connected in a more higher level, but i hope see them consumating their love before the season 2 ends, It is what is left to them. Their connection is about their souls.
But was really amazing their moments. The Angelique/Dorian night of love, was so magic as the Dorian with Vanessa was.
And was pure tenderness, not just sex. Kali & Malcolm had a chemistry natural, he´s under a spell but she likes to him by moments...and Lily with Victor is in home. I don´t have complains. the episode was terrible, tender, sexy, misterious and full of darkness and of its typical horror that was for Gladys of course. I feel relief because Mina continues dead...
Old 06-01-2015, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ok wtf how did Vanessa not recognise Brona ?
Old 06-02-2015, 02:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, but still who could've imagined that Victor binged her back. I'd love to see how Ethan will react when he sees her and if she'll remember something.

The episode was great!
Old 06-03-2015, 06:42 AM
Loyal Fan

That´s all what you are expecting? Ethan re-watching Brona? I mean is interesting, but there are many things...
Oh and what about Dorian recognizing Brona, maybe? And Kali´s puppet of Vanessa? Uh, there are many things....Caliban & Lavinia´s story, and Ethan spending the time with Vanessa in the next 2X07 wow...