Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2022, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Not a big fan of olive hue, but I see where you are both going and not so bad.
Blue definitely needs to be in there in some ways because it represents Chris so much though

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
holding my heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 03:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
If you wish to consider those colour schemes, the second one may be on the too dark/harsh side but the first & third should be fine. You could also look at combining different elements from the colour schemes to reduce the harshness as well as add in different colours so it isn't just blue. I'd actually class Betty's suggestion on the harsher side too. Still usable but something to keep in mind when deciding what colour scheme you wish to go with.

If you're concerned about being too blue or all male celebrities being blue you could look at going with a different colour but then adding in some blue highlights in areas like the buttons, links, &/or the bars. Obviously we can't confirm where a certain colour will end up but if blue is the minor shade in a customisation it will be used in smaller spaces if that makes sense. For example, just using similar colours to what you have now, something like this would result in a brown board with hints of blue. So it would still keep the blue in but it'd be different since it wouldn't be a blue board. Most male boards use blue/green/brown/grey/purple shades so if you want something different & that will pop & stand out maybe look outside of those shades?

While it is still green, yellow/olive tones in this could be nice? Add in a light blue similar to what you've already got here I think that'd pair quite nicely. Just as a suggestion based on those colour schemes posted. Personally I'd mute the yellows a little so they're not as harsh & I'd suggest a pale yellow base/background colour to help make things feel different too.
That is true I need to look more into colours and see what could work with blue
Old 05-21-2022, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by holding my heart (View Post)
Not a big fan of olive hue, but I see where you are both going and not so bad.
Blue definitely needs to be in there in some ways because it represents Chris so much though
Simply an example too with the olive that you can blend many colours with blue not that you have to use if of course.

What about using blue/green and a teal with a soft pale yellow base?

Here is a teal palette. A blue palette. A green palette.

With a base of a soft hue of yellow, like this.
B ē tt ⓨ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 12:01 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Has anyone had a chance to look at photoshoots you'd like us to use?

Doing a quick look I found these from 2020, then there's a couple of usable options from 2019

Quote:
That is true I need to look more into colours and see what could work with blue
Other than blue what colours would you be interested in? I'm sure we can make any colour work with blue. So I think the best starting place is to think what other colours would you want to see here. What other colours do you all like? What other colours do you feel fit Chris?

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 02:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Congratulations on getting the Board Customized!
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 02:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Has anyone had a chance to look at photoshoots you'd like us to use?

Doing a quick look I found these from 2020, then there's a couple of usable options from 2019

Other than blue what colours would you be interested in? I'm sure we can make any colour work with blue. So I think the best starting place is to think what other colours would you want to see here. What other colours do you all like? What other colours do you feel fit Chris?
i can see blue but i found some nice earthy brown ones that can nice for him. i also dont mind silver in it as well

blue , grey

shade 1 , shade 2 , shade 3

brown

shade 1

photoshoots

i generally like most of his one i just ask to have one with him smiling or laughing

but some good photo shoots

shoot 1 , shoot 2 , shoot 3 ,

Last edited by Summer Falls; 05-22-2022 at 05:15 AM
Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 05:00 PM
Graphics Team

The 2nd one only has 2 photos. And those are also kinda older photoshoots.
Is there not any that are more recent that you like? Like the ones Chelle posted.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

Love those colour palettes you linked! The brown/orangish hue would look really nice.

This is a photoshoot from 2020, so the most recent: Wired Magazine

From 2019: Variety

The most recent the better.
B ē tt ⓨ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 05:38 PM
Graphics Team Manager

The issue with the Wired shoot from 2020 is there isn't a lot of variation in his facial expressions which doesn't always make for a good looking graphic. This is why I didn't mention it before

Petra I would recommend not looking further back than 2017 for photoshoots, probably even 2018. Otherwise you risk it looking outdated too quickly

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-22-2022, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by B ē tt ⓨ (View Post)
Simply an example too with the olive that you can blend many colours with blue not that you have to use if of course.

What about using blue/green and a teal with a soft pale yellow base?

Here is a teal palette. A blue palette. A green palette.

With a base of a soft hue of yellow, like this.
Love the idea of teal

I adore this shoot and this one too (but only two pics but still gorgeous)

Can you make something out of this shot with only two pics ? This is the most recent one
https://chris-evans.net/photos/thumbnails.php?album=772

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
Old 05-22-2022, 11:02 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Since Chris has recent photoshoots it is preferable that we stick to those, not use the 2015/2016 shoots. If everyone here is really attached to those & are happy for the end result risking feeling outdated we can use them. But you've got some nice choices from 2019 & 2020 still & we do prefer to use as recent images as possible.

In the case of this photoshoot from 2021 yes we can as we can use this picture to make it three. That shoot was for a magazine & that third image is a page from the magazine & still a HQ picture so it'd work out fine. Two of the pictures may be similar looking & you don't get your smile/laugh in it though.

I'm going to bring this over from the FAQ:
Quote:
What does 'recent photoshoot' mean?
Ideally we prefer to work with photoshoots which were done in the past twelve months, but anything going back three years is considered recent.

What happens if we have no recent photoshoots?
In these cases we can look at using older ones or recent appearances. This is something we can discuss with you prior to starting the customisation process to help you decide if you should go ahead or hold off.

Can we use older photoshoots even if we have more recent ones?
We prefer not to as it will leave you with a graphic which is outdated sooner, however we also want you to be happy with the final result.

Can we use a mixture of photoshoots?
It depends on the circumstances and the board in question.
Normally when this is suggested it is to capture a range of different looks for celebrities which we do not do. All celebrity boards should have recent photoshoots used. We can only combine photoshoots if they are from the same year and have a similar look/feel to them to ensure a consistent look in the graphic.
In the case of television shows often we will have to do this to include all characters that the board wants included so in that case we can do it.

Now for colours I'm going to suggest this:

This doesn't quite have the brown/earthy tones for Petra, although I did try to throw in a soft brown so there were still hints of it. You could probably throw in something like █ #7D684D if you really wanted to keep the browns in there. I thought the silver & teal shades worked quite nicely together. They also pair nicely with some blues too so you keep your blue.

If you're thinking no I'm really sold on the idea of having a brown board then I'd suggest something like this:

I think the browns again would pair with the silver & blue tones. You could alternatively leave the silver off but I thought keeping it in adds a bit more variety & helps keep things unique here. Again you could probably throw in something like █ #468A78 if you really wanted to keep the teals in there. Although in adding the teal I'd probably say drop the silver so you don't have too much going on.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-23-2022, 03:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

Oh the top colours seems nice I like it

I'll keep looking for photos though
Old 05-23-2022, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

There's the Esquire photoshoot from 2020: https://chris-evans.net/photos/thumbnails.php?album=702

Chelle, are we allowed to use photos he took for an ad campaign? Cuz there's the Live Smarter for a Better World photoshoot (2021) I like more than the Esquire one: https://chris-evans.net/photos/thumbnails.php?album=768
Old 05-23-2022, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

The two blue tones you posted at the left are beautiful (yep, not moving )
I also like the "almond" shade (the one present in both)

^Can I be honest Mee? not a big fan of the Esquire shoot dont kill me! I like some of them, but not the whole thing.
I prefer the second option

Old 05-23-2022, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not that fond of the Esquire photoshoot either lol, but I posted it as an option since it's a lot more recent than what was being posted. I much prefer my second choice too.