Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oliver in Arrow Season 3 Premiere [3x01] "The Calm" episode discussion thread

3x01: The Calm
Airdate:October 8, 2014

Description:In the aftermath of this victory, Season Three opens with Arrow now a hero to the citizens of Starling. Crime is down, people feel safer, and Captain Lance even calls off the Anti-Vigilante Task Force. Basking in his success, Oliver believes he can finally have a private life and asks Felicity out on a date. But the second Oliver takes his eye off the ball, a deadly villain reappears in Starling, forcing Oliver to realize that he can never be Oliver Queen – not as long as the city needs The Arrow

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |

Last edited by Poupa; 10-08-2014 at 09:43 AM
Old 10-07-2014, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks.. I can't wait for it

You could also add the promo into the OP

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-08-2014, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Done

TONIGHT!!!

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 10-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for starting the thread Sally!

Six and half hours till it premieres for me.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

loved the premiere. the Olicity scenes were the best.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

What a premiere

I thought it was good.. Loved Laurel's surprise for Oliver..
Loved the Olicity scenes, although I was pretty sure from the first promo that it would go down like that
The end I definitely didn't see that coming..
No Thea I hope she'll be back next week..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Holly, I agree with everything you said.

I do hope we see Thea soon.

I am still not loving Roy, although we didn't see much of him.

My favorite part, baby Diggle and the Diggle/Oliver bromance moment!

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 10-09-2014, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved Roy fighting so good with the others and when Ollie called him "my partner" I was like But other than that I felt he had no real purpose or story int he episode.. I hope that will change soon

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
Holly, I agree with everything you said.

I do hope we see Thea soon.

I am still not loving Roy, although we didn't see much of him.

My favorite part, baby Diggle and the Diggle/Oliver bromance moment!
I love that part too...but at the same time...there are lots and lots of cops out there who have family with young kids...

but Ollie has seen a lot of people die and the last person he wanted to see die in that episode was Diggle
Old 10-10-2014, 11:04 AM
Moderator Support Team

is it wednesday yet? i cant wait for the next episode
so glad this show is back. love it so much
Old 10-10-2014, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for these comments. Makes me a bit nervous to post it. lol
I was really willing to give Oliver and Felicity a chance since last season. I really liked the scenes they had in the last few episodes. I felt that they were real and honest. I did believe that Oliver and Felicity had some deeper feelings for the other, romantic feelings, so there was a grain of truth to the fake out I love you, but if they had Oliver go the route of actually meaning I love you instead of just saying there was some truth to it I wouldn't be able to take it as seriously. That's exactly what the show ended doing. This stage of their relationship felt rushed and forced. It came off like they needed to get that all out in the season premiere to set up story instead of going a natural route for them. Yes, there was a few months that we didn't get to see, but that didn't take away the feelings I got from the premiere. Something like that shouldn't be developed off camera. Declarations of love in any form should have been left to at least the mid-season finale. I would have been able to enjoyed their scenes better.
I wasn't a fan of the real person part either. It totally erases Diggle's part in the beginning of season one. Who was the one who got him to do side jobs in the first place? Oh, that's right Diggle. Oliver didn't change because Felicity was on the scene he was doing that long before that and it annoys me that they're retconning that fact.
In the end I'm not for or against Oliver and Felicity at this point. I'm neutral.

As for Sara, I was waiting for the other shoe to fall to be honest, so her death wasn't shocking to me nor was I as upset about it. I was forewarned. Would I have rather that they still kept her alive and the Canary? Heck yeah! I love Sara, she's my favorite none regular.
I won't get angry at Laurel/Katie for the decisions of the writers. Hopefully this will at least give her some great material/storylines this season. That like Tommy's death and Moira's death that Sara's death has a lasting impact. Going with past history I won't have to worry about that.

Baby Digglet was the sweetest. I completely understood both point of views in the fight between Oliver and Diggle. It was just plan awesome to get some deep meaningful scenes between them, which was lacking in season two. I hope they keep up the momentum up through season three. Image if Oliver babysat the Digglet. I would love that!

I loved seeing Roy out in the field, working besides Oliver. I'm looking forward to seeing how they grow and develop that relationship.
They really dropped the ball with Roy last season and they can't go back, but I hope they smooth some of it out this season by giving scenes of his training, to give the stories going forward the growth that it needs.

I actually really enjoyed the scenes between Ray and Felicity. Ray is very arrogant which is fun when Felicity doesn't take his nonsense. I loved how she stood up for Oliver and hacked all his devices. I need to see more of Ray to know how I feel about him overall.
I do wonder what Felicity was thinking when she gave him information about hacking when she knew nothing about him. He could have ended up being a villain and she just gave him a key to do some fishy things. Thankfully for her Ray was only a jerk.

The Hong Kong flashbacks are intriguing. My first thought about Amanda going a different direction was threatening his family. I honestly didn't see it going the route it did. Yeah, that will definitely keep Oliver in place.

I want to give praise to the whole cast and crew, they all did a wonderful job!

Overall I really enjoyed the season premiere. Looking forward to the rest of the season!
Old 10-12-2014, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

No reason to be nervous about our post Tara
I agree with very much of it

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you Holly.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really love this article, and I agree with it: Arrow: 5 Things That "The Calm" Did Right (And 3 It Didn't) Sums up my thoughts on the premiere. I loved it. It was GREAT. Too many things happen, felt crammed most of the time :/ Also Loved Olicity so much. I am expecting lots of angst, but it will be a beautiful and painful journey till they find their way again. Also hated Sara dying. HATE.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 10-14-2014, 03:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Thanks for the article

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh