Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oliver in 3.02 - "Sara" Episode Discussion

COLIN DONNELL RETURNS AS TOMMY MERLYN IN A FLASHBACK; MATT WARD GUEST STARS AS SIMON LACROIX, AKA KOMODO — Lance (Paul Blackthorne) calls the Arrow (Stephen Amell) when another archer appears in town and starts skewering businessmen. Diggle (David Ramsey) uses A.R.G.U.S. to find the archer’s identity; he is a man named Simon Lacroix (guest star Matt Ward), who goes by the codename Komodo. However, the team hits a rough patch with the mission and gets help from a surprising source – Laurel (Katie Cassidy). Meanwhile, Oliver begins to worry that he hasn’t heard from Thea (Willa Holland), which forces Roy (Colton Haynes) to tell him the truth about why she left town. Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) pursues Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards). In the flashback, Maseo (guest star Karl Yune) tells Oliver that Amanda Waller has ordered his first kill. As Oliver looks down the scope of the rifle, he sees the target is his best friend, Tommy (guest star Colin Donnell). Despite her promise to her sister, Laurel debates sharing a secret about Sara (Caity Lotz) with Lance.
Wendey Stanzler directed the episode written by Jake Coburn & Keto Shimizu

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 10-14-2014, 03:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
The Witcher

Thanks for this thread!

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 10-15-2014, 07:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

the funeral scene was sad.

i was kinda disappointed in this episode. didnt really grab me like last weeks. the best part was the end when we finally saw thea
Old 10-16-2014, 05:21 AM
Master Fan

The scene that got to me the most was Oliver telling Diggle that he didn't want to die down there. The way he said it was just so heartbreaking.

Magnus and Alec
Old 10-16-2014, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasity05 (View Post)
The scene that got to me the most was Oliver telling Diggle that he didn't want to die down there. The way he said it was just so heartbreaking.
OMGG I know I loved his scenes with Diggle as usual in this epi and his scenes with Laurel
Old 10-17-2014, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

I liked the episode.. Wasn't as good as the premiere though..

I loved when Laurel stood up against Oliver, but I knew Ollie wouldn't let her do anything about Sara's murderer.

I thought it was very weird seeing Olicity almost back to their former selves.. At least Felicity broke a little, but if Sara wouldn't have died you would have never guessed those two kinda confessed their love for each other last episode

When Ollie called Diggle John
And Diggle naming his daughter Sara

Tommy I miss him so much.. this episode showed once again he wasn't the spoiled boy he wused to be

Thea! The first time Ollie called her, I knew this would be the end of the episode

Laurel! My girl.. her scenes were absolutely fantastic Katie did the perfect job in every scene I so can't wait what happens next to her.. She won't get any help on her journey to BC from Ollie, that's for sure..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©

Last edited by kostilicious; 10-17-2014 at 12:30 AM
Old 10-19-2014, 02:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasity05 (View Post)
YES and I was so glad he said that to Diggle. Oliver went through so much onthe island, it changed who he is. Diggle though understands him because he knows what it's like to go through hell (from his time in th military) and how it changes you. So even though Digg has only known him a few years, I think Digg knows him and understands him better than anyone. So I was glad he shared that moment with Digg.

And then of course the moment with Felicity...I loves how all episode she was trying to get him to just stop and let himself grieve. then when he said he couldn't let himself grieve and that he was going to end up like Sara, she didn't want to be a part of that. And that ended up being what led him to realize he didn't want to die and having that convo with Diggb

Those were my 2 favorite parts of the ep,character wise (I LOVED all the action, too). The rest....meh. I'm a BIG comic fan and fan of Black Canary. I liked Sara as BC. Laurel, I can't see it...at all. She is driven by revenge and death. That's not the BC I love from the comics. I ust don't see her having anything in common with the character from the comics, other than her name.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie23 (View Post)

Those were my 2 favorite parts of the ep,character wise (I LOVED all the action, too). The rest....meh. I'm a BIG comic fan and fan of Black Canary. I liked Sara as BC. Laurel, I can't see it...at all. She is driven by revenge and death. That's not the BC I love from the comics. I ust don't see her having anything in common with the character from the comics, other than her name.
Don't forget she's not BC yet and Sara just died. She's on her journey to become BC and in the end I'm sure she won't be driven by revenge and and death..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-19-2014, 03:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
Don't forget she's not BC yet and Sara just died. She's on her journey to become BC and in the end I'm sure she won't be driven by revenge and and death..
doesn't change my opinion sorry if you disagree. Like I said I LOVE Dinah Laurel Lance in the comics. The show version is just nothing like her. It's been 3 seasons, so I doubt she's suddenly going to become any more like her.

Last edited by carrie23; 10-19-2014 at 03:34 PM
Old 10-20-2014, 01:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

In the moment she isn't supposed to be the comic's version.. I have no idea if her journey to become BC is shown in the comics, but I just think it's rude to say ashe can never be a proper BC, because we haven't seen her as BC yet, that's all

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-20-2014, 01:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

bad

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©

Last edited by kostilicious; 10-20-2014 at 01:36 AM
Old 10-21-2014, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Some great reviews on Stephen:

Quote:
Stephen Amell nails the line, carrying the weight of the entire ep in those 7 words
Arrow #3.2 "Sara" Recap & Review | GreenArrowTV

Quote:
"Stephen Amell does a wonderful job...And his emotional response is actually quite moving "
411MANIA | Arrow Review: 3.02 – ‘Sara’

Quote:
"he's standing right where the killer stood was powerful and underplayed"
Arrow: Sara review

Quote:
"Stephen Amell plays Oliver's hurt beautifully as Oliver confesses he doesn’t have the luxury of falling to pieces"
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/cha...log-entry-1.19

Quote:
"smaller scenes tonight gave Amell so very much to say about Oliver with only a few words or gestures"'
'Arrow' Review: "Sara"

Quote:
"MVP for this episode....it would be awarded to Stephen Amell for the utterly gut-wrenching way he delivered..."
Arrow Recap 10/15/14: Season Season 3 Episode 2 “Sara” | Celeb Dirty Laundry

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 10-21-2014, 03:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
The Witcher

Those are great, thanks!

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 12-04-2014, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sarah's death