Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-09-2015, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

Possible Board Closure Discussion: Please Read and Respond!

I have been thinking about this, and I think that it may be time to close this board. Our post counts have been declining over the past few months and we have very few regular posters. As you know, Fan Forum requires that we average at least 15 posts per day, with lower numbers than that leading to warnings and then possible closure of the board. We would prefer to go out under our own terms rather than be forced to close due to low post counts.

Please let us know what you think. I'd be glad to hear any suggestions or advice to renew interest here. Remember that to keep the board going, we need the commitment of a few regular, dedicated posters. As much as we love this board, please don't just post to "save" the board and then disappear again, because we'll be in the same position that we're in now if you do.

With Constantine cancelled and the cast released from their contracts, I think it is time we leave the board while things are still going well.

Thanks.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:44 PM
Moderator Manager

It's so sad... but understandable... with only one season it's hard to keep a board active
Old 06-09-2015, 11:22 PM
Graphics Team

Wait whaaat? I missed so much The show is cancelled? I thought we were waiting to see about a s2 still.
I'm sooo sad now. I was really hoping for another season

But I do say I haven't really been to this board lately. With only 13 episodes to talk about, it is hard.

I will understand if you decide to close this board. Because as much as I love the board and the show, if it's over.. and not many people are here, it would be difficult.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 06-10-2015, 05:23 PM
Elite Fan

Si: Yep

Jac: It got cancelled before Upfronts, and then we were waiting to see if another network would be picked up. Unfortunately, on the 7th we heard from Daniel Cerone that the cast and writers were being released from their contracts.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sorry about this, Jess, but I think you're doing the right thing. It was a good show that didn't last long enough to develop a dedicated following.

I hope you won't let this experience give you a distaste for moderating. You've done an amazing job to keep it going by yourself for this long (with Si's help!).

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 06-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugjess (View Post)
Jac: It got cancelled before Upfronts, and then we were waiting to see if another network would be picked up. Unfortunately, on the 7th we heard from Daniel Cerone that the cast and writers were being released from their contracts.

This is terrible news. It didn't end right! 13 eps is not enough..
I wanted to know more about everyone's past and stuff Nooo this can't be happening.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 06-10-2015, 08:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
I'm sorry about this, Jess, but I think you're doing the right thing. It was a good show that didn't last long enough to develop a dedicated following.

I hope you won't let this experience give you a distaste for moderating. You've done an amazing job to keep it going by yourself for this long (with Si's help!).
I rather go out while we're still interested in the show and not go out with a lack of interest due to time passing.

I've enjoyed moderating. Si's been awesome. If I find another show that catches my imagination like Constantine, I'd totally think about modding again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Dreams (View Post)

This is terrible news. It didn't end right! 13 eps is not enough..
I wanted to know more about everyone's past and stuff Nooo this can't be happening.

Yeah, there was so much untapped material. Guess you'll have to read the comics.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:19 AM
Moderator Manager

Oh yeah, Jessica needs to find another board to mod

And thanks! You know I love the board and to help you out
Old 06-12-2015, 05:00 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think I could have done the board without the posters. Si too.