Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-11-2014, 08:23 PM
Graphics Team

Constantine 1x08 "The Saint of Last Resorts" Episode Discussion

Constantine 1x08: The Saint of Last Resorts

December 12th, 2014 @ 10:00 p.m. Eastern

Description: Anne Marie, a member of the Newcastle crew, asks John and Chas for help in
Mexico City - bringing them close to the heart of the rising darkness; Zed is haunted by her past.

RULES:
+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships/opinions.
+ Do not post anything that is consider as spoilers until the show airs at Eastern time in the USA.
+ Enjoy!

Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 12-11-2014, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

Can't wait!

Ooo Mexico City... Maybe some Spanish from Zed?
Old 12-11-2014, 09:38 PM
Graphics Team

I don't think Zed is going. If she is, it didn't show it in the promo.
Though I am curious to see what happens with her in this ep. Judging from the promo it's gonna get really intense for her.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:51 PM
Elite Fan

Well that's disappointing. A waste of AC's Spanish. Well here's hoping Zed goes to Mexico.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:12 PM
Graphics Team

OH MY GOD. There's so much that happened in this ep Nooo Zed and John.
I wonder what will happen with Zed now.

Last edited by ice choco; 12-12-2014 at 09:17 PM
Old 12-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

It was such a good ep!

Anne Marie was amazing. Plus we got a bit of history on the young John Constantine.

I'm glad they did address the Spanish thing. I also think this has to do with some version of Zed's storyline from the comics...

Plus clues to the Rising Darkness!

I CANNOT WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK!
Old 12-12-2014, 09:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Umm I think that Anna Maria need to take off the nun habit now and thinking she is better than Constantine.. She is more ruthless than Constantine. You don't shoot your partner, even superficially, to save innocents. I understand the greater good etc... but at least let them offer first to be sacrificed for the greater good.
Sheesh. Yeah Constantine can be mean and have no tact but at least he was thinking and was like "I don't know what to do now". THINK woman. Now Constantine has a demon inside of himself. She led him into the dark world as a teenager and now as a adult. How IRONIC.
Great episode.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugjess (View Post)
It was such a good ep!

Anne Marie was amazing. Plus we got a bit of history on the young John Constantine.

I'm glad they did address the Spanish thing. I also think this has to do with some version of Zed's storyline from the comics...

Plus clues to the Rising Darkness!

I CANNOT WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK!
Anne Marie was okay... but I think it was ridiculous that she shot John. I mean like, really? She's gonna shoot him and leave him there? That's messed up.

I'm glad about the spanish thing too.
And I can only gather that it has to do with her past of course... and it's weird though bc in the promo for next week's ep, she's there... with Chas. But, then how does she get out of the situation of being unconscious? I would've thought that guy would be bringing her back. But now I'm confused.

I really want next week to come now! Like guh this episode ended with such a cliffhanger now I'm anxious to see what happens
Old 12-12-2014, 09:51 PM
Elite Fan

I thought that she did what Constantine would do but without the manipulation. They both agree that the innocent should not pay the price... She and Constantine are no innocents. She's just more straightforward about it. Besides, Constantine had no ideas on what to do.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Graphics Team

Well, you're fine with it I think?
But I still didn't like it. I know he had no ideas, but I didn't want him to get shot.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Constantine does not wear a monk, priest or any religious garb but she does. Yeah they both have the same mind set from their history which she finally acknowledged BUT she still has on a NUN garb and that entails certain actions/thoughts.
Don't think like Constantine or like you did before you put on the new clothes otherwise it is just clothing. I very much doubt if there was a third person there , like Chas, Zoe or anyone else Constantine would shoot them outright and be like "greater good, blah, blah.." then leave?
Like I said he can be cruel, mean and lack tact but at least he tries to find a better way, gives a choice and not try to sacrifice a person as the first go to method.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:01 PM
Elite Fan

YEah... But don't forget she was running away by becoming a nun... Not out of a desired to be a nun... Once she faced the true reason that she was a nun, it just became clothing.

Usually Constantine has time to think of something. That was not an option.

Last edited by ladybugjess; 12-12-2014 at 11:06 PM
Old 12-13-2014, 11:36 AM
Graphics Team

Wait... who in the world is Zoe??

And well, I didn't care much for Anne Marie, but other than that... This episode was really interesting Sucks though for that mother who got killed in the beginning.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:07 PM
Extreme Fan

This episode left me speechless. I did not expect what I saw happen...well happen. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was a good episode. It did seem inappropriate that Constantine kissed a nun. Constantine does beat to a different drummer though. Where was Zed fighting that woman towards the end? It looked like it was in the sky somewhere. I guess that's the name for it if there isn't another 1 lol. Fun episode.