Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2014, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Witches of East End {Beauchamp Family book #1} Discussion

The three Beauchamp women—Joanna and her daughters Freya and Ingrid—live in North Hampton, out on the tip of Long Island. Their beautiful, mist-shrouded town seems almost stuck in time, and all three women lead seemingly quiet, uneventful existences. But they are harboring a mighty secret—they are powerful witches banned from using their magic. Joanna can resurrect people from the dead and heal the most serious of injuries. Ingrid, her bookish daughter, has the ability to predict the future and weave knots that can solve anything from infertility to infidelity. And finally, there's Freya, the wild child, who has a charm or a potion that can cure most any heartache,

For centuries, all three women have been forced to suppress their abilities. But then Freya, who is about to get married to the wealthy and mysterious Bran Gardiner, finds that her increasingly complicated romantic life makes it more difficult than ever to hide her secret. Soon Ingrid and Joanna confront similar dilemmas, and the Beauchamp women realize they can no longer conceal their true selves. They unearth their wands from the attic, dust off their broomsticks, and begin casting spells on the townspeople. It all seems like a bit of good-natured, innocent magic, but then mysterious, violent attacks begin to plague the town. When a young girl disappears over the Fourth of July weekend, they realize it's time to uncover who and what dark forces are working against them.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 09-02-2014, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Thanks for the book threads. I had wondered exactly how many books there are all together. I tried looking it up but there are so many books about witches it is hard to keep track

How closely does the show follow the books?
Old 09-02-2014, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, three books. I wish there was more.

Not really.. some aspects, but I think given the books are short and only a few, they had to take some liberaties.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for this thread

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 09-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Originally Posted by These Broken Stars (View Post)
Yeah, three books. I wish there was more.

Not really.. some aspects, but I think given the books are short and only a few, they had to take some liberaties.
Ah okay. Yeah that is understandable, happens with a lot of TV shows and movies based on books.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

It does But this is one where changes you don't mind and can appreciate both forms.