Fan Forum Star

knew she wouldn't die

amazing moments but that ending was emotional I was teary

I just want them to be happy for once and not worry about anything

yeah I don't want that to happen either

{}
Old 05-24-2017, 07:34 AM
Passionate Fan

After all this angst, I hope Barry and Iris have an amazing wedding next year.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:13 AM
Supreme Fan

I don't think Barry took the ring because Iris seems to wear it in the BTS footage when he goes with "Nora" into the Speed Force.

I can't see Iris date someone else when the new season starts when it took her a year to move on from Eddie. Barry is the love of her life so it should be even more difficult for her to move on.

When she told him "I've always been yours!"
Old 05-24-2017, 10:34 AM
Passionate Fan

^^That was so beautiful!

Old 05-24-2017, 12:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

The only thing I didn't like about the ep is that the writers don't seem to want to give Barry & Iris a happy ending! I know that Barry has to pay his "penance", but why did the Speedforce show up at such an inconvenient time? Barry & Iris were all happy together, sending out their "save the date" invitations, & then THAT happened. And the SF had the nerve to try & destroy their loft. I hope that next season that things will be LOT better for them. All in all a solid ep.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:27 PM
Loyal Fan

did anyone else try to see what the date was on the save-the-date card? i tried to freeze it and look close, and i think it said "November".

if so, that makes me wonder if they are planning to have the wedding be during the big crossover event. i knew they'd want to invite the other show's characters, like Oliver, Kara, Felicity, etc. so that could make sense.

but i don't know how having their wedding be the crossover episode could translate to the other shows. doesn't it have to be one story spread out over the other show's episodes?

then again, maybe they're not doing the one big story this year. the schedule is also different- Supergirl are Flash are staying put, but Legends is going to be on right after Flash on Tuesdays, and Arrow's been moved to Thursdays behind Supernatural.

but i guess they could always move Legends to Wednesday of that particular week for the crossover only.

i wouldn't mind having the wedding be a big event like that.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:42 PM
Passionate Fan

^^I tried to see the date but it was too blurry.

How pure is this moment though?

xx

Old 05-24-2017, 01:47 PM
Supreme Fan

Please no to Barry and Iris getting married during a crossover Iris always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to crossovers. I don't see this being any different.

Barry and Iris deserve to have their own wedding without the writers trying to make parallels with the other DCTV ships. You know that Iris won't get invited to the Olicity or Karamel wedding, if they manage to get one.

The Flash and WestAllen are always the sacrificial lamb. No offense to the other fandoms but the wedding should be exclusively about Barry and Iris, no-one else.

^ OMG He's looking at her as to say "You are too adorable!"
Old 05-24-2017, 02:21 PM
Passionate Fan

How does everyone feel regarding Barry not saving Iris? Do you wish he'd found a way to? Or do you feel even better knowing that Iris ended up saving Barry?

Old 05-24-2017, 02:33 PM
Extreme Fan

I lovvvee when Iris sang to Barry... they ooze natural chemistry it felt like I was watching Grant and Candice in that scene

At first I did want Barry to save her, but in a way I think Iris needed the win more than Barry. It gave her a bit of agency and power over this storyline which was lacking towards the end of the season

I'm not here for a crossover wedding either, pls no. The concept sounds nice but I feel like more time will be spent on the Arrowverse characters instead of westallen. I'm fully expecting for it to happen though meh. Barry and Iris did get 6 first kisses and 2 proposals maybe they'll surprise us with a double wedding lol.

I've always been Iris West-Allen. I've always been yours.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

If anything they're likely to get married in the mid season finale 4x09 or 4x21...those are the only sure bets in terms of being WestAllen centric
Old 05-24-2017, 04:20 PM
Loyal Fan

they could do a big planned wedding that gets attacked and interrupted by whoever the crossover villain is and then everything has to get delayed...and then they have a smaller, more intimate wedding in the Christmas episode, which is right after it.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyO (View Post)
At first I did want Barry to save her, but in a way I think Iris needed the win more than Barry. It gave her a bit of agency and power over this storyline which was lacking towards the end of the season.
I really wanted Barry to save her too, but it's weird - I love that she saved him even more. It just helps solidify them further, and I feel like Iris really needed it too. For months, she's lived with this threat over her head and it's justice that she ended him and saved Barry in the process.

I truly hope we see more for Iris next season. CP can more than pull it off, and there's so much that can be done through a reporter's lens.

Old 05-24-2017, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

So that's it, until September.

*sigh*
Old 05-25-2017, 08:02 AM
Passionate Fan

Someone on tumblr said the date on the invitation is Nov. 28.

If they're right, that's some serious investigative skills.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top