Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-28-2015, 04:07 AM
Elite Fan

Salem 2x13 - "The Witching Hour" Episode Discussion (June 28th) [SEASON FINALE]

The Witching Hour (2x13)
June 28th, 10/9c on WGN America

With her mission seemingly accomplished, the Countess Marburg revels in the apparent completion of her plans, unaware that the object of her devotion has desires which may be in direct conflict to hers. And one of her most trusted allies grows increasingly weary of the Countess’s treatment, leading to an unexpected act of defiance. Emotionally drained by recent events, an all-but-defeated Mary stages a last-ditch effort against the Countess. Meanwhile, John is visited by a pair of unexpected allies who deliver a fateful message; Mercy comes to learn a stark reality, leaving her to face an uncertain future; an unrepentant and increasingly powerful Anne faces the personal consequences of her duplicitous actions, leading her down an even darker path; and when Cotton learns an unwelcome truth, his reaction is initially mixed, until a startling confession strengthens his resolve… but it may already be too late.

Cast:

Janet Montgomery - Mary Sibley
Shane West - John Alden
Seth Gabel - Cotton Mather
Tamzin Merchant - Anne Hale
Ashley Madekwe - Tituba
Elise Eberle - Mercy Lewis
Iddo Goldberg - Isaac Walton
Joe Doyle - Baron Sebastian von Marburg
Oliver Bell - Boy
Lucy Lawless (Guest Star) - Countess Marburg
Sammi Hanratty (Guest Star) - Dollie
Raoul Trujillo (Guest Star) - Shaman
Cara Santana (Guest Star) - Sooleawa
Allyn Carrell - Old One 1
Thomas Herod Jr - Old One 2
Emma Wynn - Urchin

Written by Adam Simon
Directed by Brannon Braga
Old 06-28-2015, 09:37 AM
Total Fan

Thanks for the thread - so scared for tonight!
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 06-30-2015, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

RIP Tituba Alfred Hitchcock style, I thought it would be Mercy who would die but she's back a creeper so just the same I guess. WTH? Anne turned on Cotton Oh but I loved the show down with Countess and Mary, she had some nerve thinking Mary would come play mother with the dark lord, but Mary was ready to burn it all down to end Countess, fight fire with fire

I'm a bit confused, was that a special knife the dark lord staved Countess with? nothing anyone tried would kill Countess but a knife was all it took Sebastian finally grew some balls but it was only when he knew his mother was not a threat. The end with John and Mary claiming their love, she saved him nice finale except for Tituba
Old 07-01-2015, 11:11 AM
Total Fan

No, her body could die and now the one in the coffin will have to regenerate.

The end scene with John and Mary was heartbreaking as he cried over her - I'm sure next season he will do all he can to get her back - and hopefully those two will be the main focus!
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 07-03-2015, 05:04 AM
Elite Fan

So disappointed that Tituba died, for a moment I thought she was stiil alive though...

I don't want Cotton to be George 2.0. such a waste of a character.

Maybe not all is lost when it comes to Sebastian, but he's still disgusting.

Save Mary, John!!!!
Old 07-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Total Fan

I think she will be back though - maybe with no eyes. It is Salem after all. Then again, the real Tituba did just disappear in history so maybe this is their take on why.

I know, I don't want it either - they better not have season 3 be all about Cotton/Anne with him sitting in a chair and her being annoying

John finally telling Mary he loved her - I think that it shows he will do anything to get her back. I can't wait to see what he does.
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 07-05-2015, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theirishpanda (View Post)
No, her body could die and now the one in the coffin will have to regenerate.
oh.....that's why Sebastian opened her grave? well she should have died when Mary burned it. I'm still bummed also for Tituba, I don't want her back with no eyes

and totally agree not wanting another George moment with doing the same with Cotton been there done that, Anne sucks right now....
Old 07-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal Warning (View Post)
oh.....that's why Sebastian opened her grave? well she should have died when Mary burned it. I'm still bummed also for Tituba, I don't want her back with no eyes

and totally agree not wanting another George moment with doing the same with Cotton been there done that, Anne sucks right now....
I think she's desperate. She didn't want him to leave, he wanted to tell and to her, he seemed like a threat. I think she still loves him, she's just embraced her role as a witch.

I wasn't really surprised when Cotton said it was love at first sight. He had tried to kiss her once or twice before. It sucks that their relationship didn't even last a season.

I was really confused about the Countess. Why was she still alive? Did Mary only burn part of her body?

This thing about Mary being the dark lord's consort is nasty. He's in her son's body and even if it happens when he's older, she'll be having sex with her son.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:48 AM
Total Fan

I'm confused slightly at the love at first site since at the beginning of season 2 they had him still torn up over Gloriana and that was a lot of his storyline at the end of season 1. Seemed a bit like they just forgot that part of the story.

I hope they don't focus season 3 all on Anne and Cotton - no offence if anyone likes them, personally I do find it a bit boring and would rather see the likes of John/Mary explored more as the leads and maybe the Indian tribe as I feel showing different types of magic would be awesome.
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 07-09-2015, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

I find the Indian storyline boring.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:23 PM
Total Fan

Each to their own

I would love to see Sebastian team up to help John and Mary (I doubt he will help either Mercy or Anne as he dislikes them as they were favoured more than himself by his mother) as it would be a cool twist on his character.
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 07-09-2015, 09:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theirishpanda (View Post)
Each to their own

I would love to see Sebastian team up to help John and Mary (I doubt he will help either Mercy or Anne as he dislikes them as they were favoured more than himself by his mother) as it would be a cool twist on his character.
He's in love with Mary, though. He's letting her be with John, but I doubt he'd put aside his feelings by that much.

It is kind of funny how Mercy, of all people was favored more than him. it's hilarious that she thought she was like a daughter to the Countess, but in reality, she was just a servant.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:45 AM
Total Fan

I doubt John would (and even should) forgive him for stabbing him. He's still an ass Just because he helped Mary though also doesn't mean she will want to help him.
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 07-10-2015, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

I want Sebastien to go away, tbh. Why is he still around? What, because there's no male witch? His character is weak, boring and petulant. If he wakes Mary up, then I may like him.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:14 PM
Total Fan

I don't want him to be the one to wake her up - I want it to be John and that to be something that bonds them even more.

I do think the show needs some male witches and to explore them in the same way they do with the female witches (ie their magic in sex, their familiars etc) because I mean, it will get boring if it's just women all the time. For me anyway. Spice the show up and take it away from the norm.
youtube; twitter; tumblr