Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-30-2015, 07:13 AM
Elite Fan

Salem 2x09 - "Wages of Sin" Episode Discussion (May 31st)

Wages of Sin (2x09)
May 31st, 10/9c on WGN America

As the “Starry Messenger” comet approaches Earth, heralding the culmination of the Witches’ dark plan, the Countess Marburg makes a long awaited acquaintance with one who plays a pivotal role in her and the others’ cause. Mary and Wainwright grow closer, their mutual affection heightened by recently discovered revelations, but as the pair plans for the next steps along the journey she has in store for him, another - displeased with these recent developments - takes matters into his own hands. Even as Mary prepares to strike against the Countess, she receives news that shakes her to the core. As Cotton tries to reason out information recently revealed to him, the betrayal of a recently made ally may spell his mortal doom. Meanwhile, Anne continues to glean knowledge from her dead father’s writings, and a long-brewing feud reaches a tipping point, culminating in a surprising and potentially game-changing disclosure.

Cast:

Janet Montgomery - Mary Sibley
Shane West - John Alden
Seth Gabel - Cotton Mather
Tamzin Merchant - Anne Hale
Ashley Madekwe - Tituba
Elise Eberle - Mercy Lewis
Iddo Goldberg - Isaac Walton
Joe Doyle - Baron Sebastian von Marburg
Oliver Bell - Boy
Lucy Lawless (Guest Star) - Countess Marburg
Stuart Townsend (Guest Star) - Dr. Samuel Wainwright
Jeremy Crutchley (Guest Star) - Hathorne

Written by Al Septien & Turi Meyer
Directed by David Grossman
Old 05-31-2015, 10:32 AM
Total Fan

John and Mary finally reunited! Can't wait to see what happens between them...although I ship them I don't want them rushed back together
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 06-01-2015, 12:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Finally. John and Mary I have been waiting til not only she finds out he is Alive, but also they are reunited and he finds out he has a son! It all happened in one episode!
Old 06-01-2015, 03:51 PM
Master Fan

Wow, what a intense episode and I can't wait until I watch what happens when John and Mary going to battle to save their son's life!
Old 06-02-2015, 04:26 AM
Elite Fan

Sounds like an awesome episode. I haven't had a chance to watch yet but think I'll definitely make time today.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 06-02-2015, 10:35 AM
Total Fan

The standout bits for me were for sure John and Mary's reunion - Shane and Janet were amazing and really are amazing. Their chemistry is off the charts and I love that John is putting aside any feelings he had to save a son he just learnt about - talk about a great father!

Also, sorry for those who liked him but I am so glad Wainwright is dead
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 06-03-2015, 05:24 AM
Elite Fan

I love that Mary stands up to Countess Marburg even though she's a more powerful witch. I do wonder if at some point Mary becomes the powerful one. Have a feeling that may come to pass. Too bad that she & Tituba are no longer allies.

ITA with everyone's comments on John & Mary. Chemistry is amazing and can't wait to see their powers joined to save their son. I'll predict that John will fall back in love with Mary sometime after they save him. He'll try to fight it but will be helpless against his feelings.

Wainwright was really superfluous & now that he's gone, no one will miss him.

The person I really feel bad for is Anne! Yikes!

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 06-04-2015, 12:14 PM
Elite Fan

Janet gave a wonderful performance in this episode. Full range of emotions. She showed how devoted to her son Mary can be and what she is willing to do to save him.

Confrontation between Mary and Tituba was my favorite scene. They both hurt each other deeply and it was needed.

Doctor was too bland, so it was time to get rid of him. But I wanted Hathorne to die already! Poor Cotton, I hope he will be alright.

It was good to at least hear Xander's voice. That scene with Anne and demon was pretty terrifying.
Old 06-06-2015, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

I liked Wainwright, even if it was just me. He and Mary had chemistry and their love scenes were hot. I liked him better than the Countess's son. I knew he'd die when that guy watched them have sex()

Anne's rape really pissed me off. Rape has been an issue on a lot of tv shows and it was supposed to be on Hannibal,too. Why was that scene necessary?

I wish Hawthorne would die as well-He gets on my nerves-I liked Cotton and Anne.

Jon had better do a good job with The Countess. He hasn't killed a single witch and it feels like his sacrifice was for nothing.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:24 PM
Total Fan

I loved how smug Sebastian looked when he pushed him into the crag - you go boy
youtube; twitter; tumblr