Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-02-2016, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Possible Board Closure Discussion - Please Read and Respond!

Me and Monika have been discussing this, and we think that it may be time to close this board. Our post counts have been declining over the past few months and we have very few regular posters. As you know, Fan Forum requires that we average at least 15 posts per day, with lower numbers than that leading to warnings and then possible closure of the board. We would prefer to go out under our own terms rather than be forced to close due to low post counts.

Please let us know what you think. We'd be glad to hear any suggestions or advice to renew interest here. Remember that to keep the board going, we need the commitment of a few regular, dedicated posters. As much as we love this board, please don't just post to "save" the board and then disappear again, because we'll be in the same position that we're in now if you do.

Thanks.
Old 01-02-2016, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hate this but I don't blame you guys. We've all disappeared, sadly, real life gets in the way sometimes. It sucks to be carrying a board by yourselves, I've been there. I wish I could've been of more help but it just didn't add up with my life. Whatever you guys decide I'll respect. I'll miss our perviness and epic posting parties, but there's no point in keeping it opened if none of that goes on anymore so I do understand wanting to close it

Love you both and you guys rock And Di:

Old 01-02-2016, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, this board is super special to me, but there is no point in clinging to it because it's not the same anymore and no one really posts here, even when the show comes back. Mon wants to step down and I'd stay if somebody steps in and mods with me, but I don't think it's gonna happen, so closing it seems like the best choice atm. Hopefully we could all still gather sometimes at Eva's or in the general thread

Tar,
Old 01-02-2016, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Eternal wife

Yeah we could gather at Eva's for some weekend posting parties for sure
Old 01-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We're never gonna do a posting challenge here again
Old 01-02-2016, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We can do one at Eva!!
Old 01-02-2016, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lemme me be dramatic
Old 01-02-2016, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ok
Old 01-02-2016, 03:16 PM
Elite Fan

I am sorry . This is a shame as it is an amazing show but understandable. The short seasons and long hiatus would make it hard to keep fans here and posting. They might come back with the new season but after it ends would they stick around? You can never know what the future holds. I respect your decision either way.

I am in no position to make promises I cannot keep so I am not going to say I will post here. I have one more episode of season two left and then I will be all caught up, however I am also putting off watching it as then I will be stuck in the hiatus too . Then when the new season starts I have no idea if I will be able to get it recorded and how long it would be before I watched it (although would be shorter time than if I was waiting for the DVD). From my lurking I do find this board to be amazing and it will be a shame to see it go.

Being a solo moderator is hard, I have been there, and with nothing new to discuss it can become a nightmare. However to keep the board here I would encourage trying it out to see what happens if you want. Maybe fans will return with the show and then you will get a new co-mod?

Old 01-02-2016, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Di -

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 01-03-2016, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for stopping by Sherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
I am sorry . This is a shame as it is an amazing show but understandable. The short seasons and long hiatus would make it hard to keep fans here and posting. They might come back with the new season but after it ends would they stick around? You can never know what the future holds. I respect your decision either way.

I am in no position to make promises I cannot keep so I am not going to say I will post here. I have one more episode of season two left and then I will be all caught up, however I am also putting off watching it as then I will be stuck in the hiatus too . Then when the new season starts I have no idea if I will be able to get it recorded and how long it would be before I watched it (although would be shorter time than if I was waiting for the DVD). From my lurking I do find this board to be amazing and it will be a shame to see it go.

Being a solo moderator is hard, I have been there, and with nothing new to discuss it can become a nightmare. However to keep the board here I would encourage trying it out to see what happens if you want. Maybe fans will return with the show and then you will get a new co-mod?

Yeah, some people promised to post more when they found out we're on the low count, but they didn't and frankly I'm not mad because I can't really demand fans to be enthusiastic about the show on a one year hiatus
I'd have tried to be a solo mod, but unfortunately there are no posters and we're on the low count list, so the board will just die very quickly without Mon. However, if anyone wants to mod with me, let me know now.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:24 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for stopping by!

I know we can't force anyone into posting. I wouldn't even want that, because that's not the point. Everyone has their jobs, family and responsibilities. I don't have as much time as I used to and I can't be here every day.

I enjoyed this board and its perviness so much, and I would hate to see it closed down, so I encourage anyone that would like to be a mod here.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:14 AM
Master Fan

I wish I had enough time to be a mod. But I know I would be a bad mod! I'm not even a good poster. I can go on looong hiatuses off Fanforum just like the show, which sucks but life isn't helping

I know I'll miss this thread, my safe haven, if we don't have it anymore

Thanks Diana and Mon for being amazing mods
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 01-03-2016, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll miss it too But we will still have Franessa thread on couples and we can hang out at Eva's
Old 01-03-2016, 12:02 PM
Master Fan

As long I still have you guys in here, everything will be fine for me
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!