Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Katie Pregnancy Thread #2: Will It Be a Boy or Girl? The Answer is Near!

Carry on discussing Katie's final stages of her pregnancy. I'm actually surprised she hasn't given birth yet, but she looks fine as seen with the latest shopping pictures.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's hard guessing when she will have the baby.

I'm glad FF is back. Missed it dearly.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkles
Carry on discussing Katie's final stages of her pregnancy. I'm actually surprised she hasn't given birth yet, but she looks fine as seen with the latest shopping pictures.
I think she waited for FF comeback
Old 04-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

Katie had a girl called Suri, who weighed 3.4 kg (7.4 pounds) at birth.

The name Suri has it origins in Hebrew, meaning "princess," or in Persian, meaning "red rose,".
..:Welcome to Breaktown:..
Old 04-18-2006, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

Baby Suri Thread #1

I figured we should have a thread for the baby

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 04-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Is that the full name?? Wow.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyB416
Is that the full name?? Wow.
I know. A mouth-full, right?

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 04-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Is that the name? Because the only name I have heard is just the first name, Suri

I don't think they have released the full name... Just the first name!
Supreme Fan

please PLEASE tell me that name is a joke.

well... good luck kid!
Fan Forum Hero

Congratulations to Katie! I didn't really expect the name, but I'm happy to see that Katie gave birth to a healthy baby.

I'll leave this thread as a congratulations thread and then I'll merge it with the other thread and transform it into a baby thread.

From People:
Quote:
Katie Holmes & Tom Cruise Have a Girl!
Tuesday Apr 18, 2006 6:30pm EST

Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise have welcomed their first child together, two inside sources told PEOPLE.

The couple "joyously welcomed the arrival of a baby girl, Suri, today," the actor's rep said in a statement after PEOPLE first broke the news exclusively. "The child weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces and was 20 inches in length. Both mother and daughter are doing well."

The name Suri has its origins in Hebrew meaning "princess," or in Persian meaning "red rose," the rep added.

In October, barely six months into their romance, an ecstatic Cruise and Holmes revealed that they were expectant parents. Cruise, 43, and Holmes, 27, had made no secret of their desire to start a family together: When asked by PEOPLE last June if they were planning to have children, Holmes smiled and said simply, "Yes."

Friends of the Toledo, Ohio-bred Holmes called her perfectly suited to her upcoming role. "She almost seems born for motherhood," said Oliver Hudson, actress Kate Hudson's brother and an old pal who costarred with Holmes in Dawson's Creek. "She's a nurturer. She's got mother qualities a lot of girls her age don't have."

Cruise, meanwhile, is "a great dad already," according to his pal, actress Leah Remini. He has two children from his marriage to Nicole Kidman: Isabella, 13, and Connor, 11, whom Cruise and Kidman adopted as infants. Remini told PEOPLE that both kids are "so cool…You can sit and talk to them about life."

As for marriage, Cruise and Holmes plan to tie the knot soon, Cruise said on the German TV program Wetten, dass..? on April 1. "In summer we want to get married. I won't let this woman get away."

Immediately ahead for the new dad: the May 5 release of Mission: Impossible 3. Holmes stars in the recently released satirical film about Washington politics, Thank You for Smoking.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975
I don't think they have released the full name... Just the first name!
No, they haven't released her full name. This is obviously just another bad joke.

Anyway.... congrats Tom and Katie!!!

Avi by xclover
Old 04-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually don't think that is the full name. Just the first name is right. No where have I read that is the full name. Sounds like what the bashers/non-believers were naming the baby before it was born.

I doubt Tom and Katie would give the little girl such a extreme middle name.

I do like the name Suri though. It's pretty.

I agree, Congrats to Tom and Katie. I wanted the baby to be a girl. She's going to be a gorgeous little girl!
Old 04-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975
I actually don't think that is the full name. Just the first name is right. No where have I read that is the full name. Sounds like what the bashers/non-believers were naming the baby before it was born.
True. Tom's publicist released only the baby's first name, Suri, via statement. We don't know her full name yet. I have no idea where Age-a-licious heard/read it, but I'm pretty sure this is not her entire name. This middle name is only a 'joke', using the Scientology's founder name L. Ron Hubbard.

Any chance of changing this thread's title? Periwinkles?

Quote:
I do like the name Suri though. It's pretty.
Me too. Beautiful name. Simple, yet no usual. I'm sure Suri is a gorgeous lil girl.

Avi by xclover
Old 04-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I'll change it until we get further information.

I like the name too, but I think it's even more special that it has a special meaning to them. I'm glad that Katie had a girl too.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:19 PM
Passionate Fan

I didn't expect it to happen just like that although its nice to be at a place where folks will actually be happy about this and not make any jokes about her getting PPD, or that the kid is fake etc but I doubt that will stop....

I'm more surprised that its a girl I really thought she would have a boy. Shows how much I know. Suri is a unique name but then again I also have a unique name so its cool... and yes it is odd that they would name a kid a Jewish name but it doesn't mean they can't either.