Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2020, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Fiona, that is so sweet - if he's so persistent he really deserved it

Sandy, if you're still allowed to not send her to school yet, pull her out and she can mature a little bit more before she really needs to go to school. I think it would benefit everyone the best. But that's only my opinion, you know Amaya and what is best for her
I hope it will get resolved.

Candace, I'm glad you only got the rain this time
Old 09-23-2020, 06:03 PM
Elite Fan

Sandy, I hate to hear how bad this whole situation is affecting Amaya. It sounds like pulling her out is the best thing for her. Plus, by the time she's six hopefully COVID will be a distant memory. Or we at least have a viable vaccine. Hopefully, next school year everything is back to normal.

I've heard of so many parents either homeschooling or sending their children to private school. It's not hard to see why!
Old 09-23-2020, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Thanks ladies . It's really such a hard decision. Her teacher is doing another meet on Monday and Amaya wants to go see her so we will. I've talked with her teacher who did say I should give it a couple of more weeks, they went back September 8th or so so she says to give it a month or month and a half and see where Amaya stands come that time so I guess we'll keep going with it. I do third shift tonight (Thursday) and after work gotta run to the store so that'll make it easy on my mom (she's better when I'm not here), Monday morning I can make plans, Tuesday morning I work so that helps through til Wednesday .

Aww Fiona that's so sweet. Maybe it's a good thing . Do you prefer older guys? I get leery with younger ones but at the same time they can be more mature than the older ones (I mean I was born in 1991, Amaya's dad was born in 1979 and I think I am way more mature than him. I guess he's finally maturing but we shall see lol).

Candace, we do have a private school but it's like $12,000 a year or else she'd be going . It's really tough all the way around. Private, public, home, hybrid and so on. The only thing I hate about it all is the knockers, what works for one may not work for another so no need for the name calling/accusing parents of endangering their kids etc...I swear Covid has brought out the best and worst in many .

Icon by Fiona
Old 09-24-2020, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Fingers crossed she can adjust during that time

I do normally go for older guys and I’ve never found one that is the one for me so maybe it’s time I shift my thinking I definitely agree that a lot as way immature for their age.

Fiona💭
Old 09-24-2020, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Okay so I talked with her teacher and her teacher is actually really impressed with her. Go figure, so I guess I'll keep on pushing through. I had to send in her work today because she had the dentist. Not sure if I mentioned it or not but she was crying in pain (she never cries in pain) the other day after eating a lollipop. Long story short the dentist seen nothing and we assumed she was making it up (told me one side, told the dentist it was another, told me she had pain, told him no and than said she was loving skipping school-had him and his assistants dying of laughter). After some much debate he decided to do some x-rays and viola! she has an infection next to the tooth that she had told me was hurting . So now it's a week of antibiotics and back to the OR in October or November.

Fiona, sometimes that's what we gotta do. It's so odd how some younger are more mature than the older. Not sure if it's the upbringing or childhood trauma or what though. I think with Amaya's dad it could be because of the country he comes from- multiple kids with other women or he just doesn't care (I haven't figured it out yet. He must have a tad bit of caringness in him though for his kids and their mothers he came to rescue me from a party gone wrong soo ). Hopefully exploring out of your comfort zone works for you

Icon by Fiona
Old 09-25-2020, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

Happy weekend all.

Icon by Fiona
Old 09-25-2020, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Oh no, poor Amaya. Maybe that's what has been bothering her too, you know? Longer than you might have realized? I don't know.

To you all a good weekend
Old 09-25-2020, 05:35 PM
Elite Fan

Chicken piccata for dinner and a relaxing evening is just the way to finish this day off.

Icon by Fiona
Old 09-25-2020, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copop (View Post)
Oh no, poor Amaya. Maybe that's what has been bothering her too, you know? Longer than you might have realized? I don't know.

To you all a good weekend
That's possible, she had pain but didn't want to express it. It could be the reason she bit me. I know when I get a toothache I turn to steak and gum just to be able to bite down ya know? It'll be interesting to see when the surgery is. I want it sooner rather than later (November 2nd is the anticipated start date for school so I don't want her to miss right away but also Halloween so...).

That sounds nice, Jamie.

It's pasta night and third shift for me, Bang energy drinks are about to be my best friends . I've had so much sleeping trouble lately . Tomorrow we're (my friend, Amaya and I) are suppose to go up North to check out the foliage and than we're celebrating my birthday with dinner, cake and drinks.

Have a good weekend everyone

Icon by Fiona
Old 09-26-2020, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Have fun Sandy!!

Aw that sounds like a perfect evening Jamie

Fiona💭
Old 09-26-2020, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Well we've gotta scratch drinks for tonight, the overnighter asked me to cover and I said I would, I don't ever turn down money .

Anyone have any plans for the day?

Icon by Fiona
Old 09-26-2020, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

I was at my sister's for dinner and I sorted out piles of clothes that don't fit or were just never worn to give away.

Tomorrow we'll see.

Jamie, I hope you enjoyed your dinner and evening
Old 09-26-2020, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

No plans for me today or tomorrow

Fiona💭
Old 09-26-2020, 09:36 PM
Elite Fan

Power outages ... fun

Icon by Fiona
Old 09-27-2020, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

^ oh no. How long was it out for?

Fiona💭
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top