Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2021, 03:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh guys, I love the topic we're talking about right now Yeah, it's a huge difference between generations. Somehow it's cool that they were able to work for one and the same company for so long because it brought safety. But on the other hand there was no room for change. Maybe they didn't want it as much as the younger generation nowadays?

I've been at my township since 2004 as well and I don't see me leaving anytime soon. I love it there, I was able to do so many different jobs there and there was a big development for me, them even financing my bachelor degree in real estate over the last two years. But who knows. It's still more than 30 years of work ahead of me. Nobody knows where it will get me.
Old 05-26-2021, 07:06 AM
Elite Fan

That’s awesome about your job and the ability to learn and grow so much. My job used to reimburse for college but they had a finanicial crisis in 2011 and stopped. Now the government leaders don’t want to fund it anymore. But it would be a great way to motivate young people to work for you and stay.

If you help your employees, they give more back to you in the long run. People in charge here don’t seem to see that.

I bounced all around my job. I worked in property taxes, probate court, sewer billing and finally made my way to the budget office. I was able to keep moving up and get out of departments I hated. That helped keep me there.

And I think you’re right kris. The people at the top does not want change. They don’t understand that young people are the future and we need to adapt to them. Just becuase their ideas may be different doesn’t mean they are wrong.

We bring young people in and ignore their ideas and then wonder why they quit
Old 05-29-2021, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, I love to learn about your job, Marilyn. It's always so interesting to me.

It's sad that people at yours still don't realize how important are further education and development potential to young people. It's a pity.

And yes, young people might have different ideas but that doesn't mean they are bad. I love the mix of people all ages at work. It's fantastic.
What I noticed though since I'm responsible for apprentices and students at work that their opinion about work has changed a lot. That they are not willing to work as hard as maybe my generation was back at their age and the ability to think further somehow vanished by a lot or most of them, too. I really don't like that.
Old 06-02-2021, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's so great hearing about your jobs.

I think old and young people could definitly learn from each other. Old, seasoned people that have been with a company for years are so great because of their knowledge and everything and then young people bring new ideas to the table, the old people might not have had because they are at the job for so long.

I had my first job for 10,5 years and then I worked at the shoe store for 2 years and now I have been working at the grocery store for almost 2 years now and they gave me a great opportunities because I became a manager within year and half of working there and I am seeing myself work here for a long time to come.
Old 06-02-2021, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Miranda, I love to hear about your job life as well I've been on board when you were working in your first job already so I know how it changed for you. That's pretty cool.

About the management position, what exactly does that mean? Can you explain it some more. Are you responsible for the whole store now?
Old 06-04-2021, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

Totally agree about young people not being able to think further. I see that a lot where I am too. Not everyone of course. But it does seem to be a trend. The young girl in our office really has no interest in learning anything more than what she does. And I look at her and think if only she were interested she could probably promote. We really have to carry her becuase she can only do a few things. My boss feels bad because if she goes somewhere else the people might not look out for her.

I didn’t realize you were a store manager Miranda! That’s great. I’m interested too. Tell us more about it.
Old 06-07-2021, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Marilyn, I'm glad you notice the same with your young people at work. It of course isn't all of them, I fully agree but it's the most of them sadly.

Btw guys, today I get my second covid-19 shot
Old 06-07-2021, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay for your second covid shot Kris! I am sure you must be really happy that you are fully vaccinated right now.

I am a cashier assistent manager. So I manage the cashiers and the checkout department. So not the whole store luckily cause I wouldn't want that. I just make sure that everyting runs smoothly and a lot more things that are a little hard to explain.
Old 06-07-2021, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am soooo happy You can't imagine Now it's two more weeks until I'll reach full protection and can go back to the office permanently.

I get what you are doing and what your position is now Thanks for explaining and wow, this sounds fantastic I'm super proud of and happy for you
Old 06-15-2021, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Kris.

I will be getting my first Covid vaccination on June 29th! I never expected to get vaccinated before summer really starts.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love you do Which one will you get and how long do you have to wait until you get your second one? I'm so excited for you!
Old 06-16-2021, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I will get Pfizer or Moderna. I will know on the day itself which one it will be. I will get my second shot on Aug. 3rd.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, that's great news

And we're in the middle of our first heat wave here. It's supposed to last until Monday with bad thunderstorms ending it then... I hate the heat
Old 06-19-2021, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We have our first heat wave here as well.
Old 06-19-2021, 08:45 AM
Elite Fan

I’m glad you are both getting your vaccines!!!

That’s great news.

It’s hot here too. But raining today. A tropical storm is coming through.