Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2021, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So cool that you put up your tree already Marilyn! I am going to set it up next week I think.
Old 11-20-2021, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

You put your tree up already My tree wouldn't even survive that long in the living room with the heating on We only set it up about two to three weeks before Christmas.

I really like Christmas, too. Today we bought a Christmas pyramid. I can't wait to set it up
Old 11-21-2021, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What's a Christmas pyramid?
Old 11-22-2021, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'll have to take a picture for you to show you as soon as I've set it up.

It's a wooden handmade pyramid that you light candles on and then it starts to spin because of the heat of the flames. They are sooo beautiful. You can get them with typical Christian Christmas story displayed on them or modern ones. In really EVERY sizes (although the super big ones are not going to spin by candle flames but with electricity). The state I live in is famous for this kind of craft.
Old 11-22-2021, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That sounds so cool! I am very curious to see it!
Old 11-23-2021, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's something traditional for Germany and especially the state I live in.

So how are you guys doing so far? How is it going with all the Covid-19 stuff?
Old 11-27-2021, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am doing pretty good. But the country is going in a semi lockdown again as off tomorrow. restaurants, bars and non essential stores have to close at 5PM. you can only invite 4 people at home. They even talked about closing the schools again because a lot of the covid numbers we have now come from kids. so schools get additional and stricter rules as well as off Monday.
Old 11-27-2021, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really, really love Christmas music and movies. Hallmark is lovely during this time of year. I don't love the gifting part. I am a giving person, but don't like when expected to do it, if that makes sense. And I hate receiving gifts, haha.
Old 11-28-2021, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Miranda, I‘m glad to hear that you‘re doing good.

Here in Germany the covid-19 situation is just horrible. The hospitals in about 4 states (mine included - mine has by far the highest numbers) are starting to collaps. They started flying out the ICU patients to other states and expect to need the help of other countries soon, too and we still don‘t have a full lockdown. I don‘t get it.
Old 11-29-2021, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow. Sounds like it's even worse in Germany than it is here..
Old 11-30-2021, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's really damn serious here. You can't imagine. Some of the areas in my state have a daily rate of 2k on 100k population. That's super high.
Old 12-02-2021, 06:56 AM
Elite Fan

Hey Cece I like HallmArk Christmas movies too!

Wow I hate to hear that COVID is going back up. It had started to stabilize here even though people who refuse to get vaccinated are continuing to get sick. And honestly I don’t know if by stabilize I mean that we are just getting used to it. So sad

I had my booster shot two weeks ago. I’m glad of that. Still masking up though.

Went to Tennessee the day after Thanksgiving for a lovely family dinner. Then as we were leaving I hit a bad spot on their porch and have really twisted up my ankle. It’s been about a week since I did that and it still hurts. I have a big bruise covering one side of my foot.
Old 12-04-2021, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good to hear you got your booster shot Marilyn! But yeah I would still mask up as well. Just to be on the safe side. Ouch, twisting your ankle is painful! Hopefully it will heal soon.
Old 12-06-2021, 01:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh no, Marilyn. I really hope that your ankle is going to be fine really soon. How is it doing now?

But I'm super happy that you got your booster shot I plan on getting mine in January but at the moment it's really not easy to get an appointment at all since they drastically reduced the whole covid shot infrastructure here in September and now they are kind of overwhelmed with the situation. It's embarrassing, really...
Old 12-06-2021, 07:31 AM
Elite Fan

My ankle is better. But still hurts if I move it the wrong way. It’s not as swollen but the bruising is still there.

And I didn’t have any side effects from my booster so that was great.

Did you guys hear about the latest school shooting over here? They’ve arrested the kids parents now.