Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2016, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Double Agent [Samar Navabi | Mozhan Marnò] #4: "I don't want to die today. Do you?"

Samar Navabi | Mozhan Marno
4th A P P R E C I A T I O N T H R E A D

x

Samar Navabi is a Mossad agent from Iran. She is a highly skilled interrogator. With the death of Meera Malik, she is assigned by Deputy Director Cooper to the task force as an investigative agent and Mossad liaison. She is also colluding with Reddington for an unknown purpose. She is very mysterious until it is revealed how she witnessed the death of her parents. Se has an emotional reunion with her brother, Shahin, who was believed to have died years earlier in a bombing. However, Samar soon discovers that her brother is not who she believes him to be, and is in fact the very terrorist she had spent years hunting. She helps her former partner destroy important documents, but she is captured by her brother and taken to the harbor, where Reddington intercepts them, freeing Samar and capturing Shahin. Reddington asks Samar to let him take Shahin for his own purposes, and she sadly agrees, saying her brother died long ago. Samar secretly helps Liz locate Reddington after he is kidnapped. When Ressler finds out and confronts her, she admits to it and to previously tipping Liz and Tom off to help them evade the FBI, arguing that if Liz is arrested, she will inevitably be killed by the Cabal. In response, Ressler promptly fires Samar from the task force. She then joins Reddington and helps him carry out his plan to exonerate Liz. After Liz is released, Samar rejoins the task force.

x

— t h e f a n s ღ —
1. Nekoshoujo | 2. L i N d $ @ y | 3. Amyღ | 4. xlennie | 5. Miranda
6. alt.er | 7. Lauren Helen Graham | 8. ~MelBelle~ | 9. stlavin95[/B]

banner by Miranda

— q u o t e o f t h e m o m e n t ღ —
"What really matters is this. Here. Now. Nothing else is guaranteed.
Episode 3x07

banner by Nekoshoujo

— t h e r e a s o n s ღ —
Because she is a badass agent.
Because she saved the lives of her co workers multiple times.
Because nobody knows that she's working for Red.
Because she's former Mossad and we know how dangerous that makes her.
Because she is very good at her job.
Because she is very mysterious.
Because she's a stunning beauty.
Because Red would love to be ridden hard for five minutes by her.
Because she flirts with Aram.
Because she plays both sides of the fence very well.
Because she's the one you want by your side in a crisis.
Because getting shot doesn't even slow her down.
Because she can infiltrate into any group.
Because she can convince anyone that she's on their side.

S a m a r N a v a b i - My kind of girl —

x

banner by Miranda

— f u t u r e t i t l e s ღ —
"How does an Iranian end up working for Mossad?"
"Where I come from, fear is the only deterrent.”
"I’m standing in front of a tall, fit, very attractive, Persian girl. By the name of, Samar Navabi."
"How did the FBI end up working for Raymond Reddington?"

— p a s t t i t l e s ღ —
"Maybe I am just good at what I do. Is that so hard to believe?"
"What really matters is this. Here. Now. Nothing else is guaranteed."
"I don't want to die today. Do you?"

— p r e v i o u s t h r e a d s ღ —
01 | 02 | 03 |

Last edited by Miranda; 01-22-2017 at 06:22 AM
Old 09-18-2016, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT, Miranda I so love the title we chose. One of my favorite Samar moments.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome. Mine too.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

And I didn't recall that we had a banner made by you of this moment in her OP. Even better!
Old 09-20-2016, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I made it a long time ago.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, now that I saw it, I noticed it again but I wasn't aware of it anymore until we started this thread

Btw, is one gif of the 'Samar Navabi - this is my kind of girl' gif-set missing for you as well? Or better not showing?
Old 09-21-2016, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can see all the gifs. But I have had it in some other OP's that the gifs wouldn't show up for me. I don't know why that is.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, that's good. I just re-pasted the link to the picture and it works now just fine I really am wondering what it is sometimes
(On a side not, I can't see any of the gif-sets we put into the episodes discussion OPs )

So, back to Samar... Man, I want to dive further into her past so badly. Who needs the now when there is such an intense and interesting past.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I couldn't agree with you more. I want to know about everybody's past but especially hers.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:15 AM
Elite Fan

I am so with Samar and her reaction to Lizs betrayal. I think because of her past and the strong betrayal by her brother that this betrayal by Liz will be especially hard for her. After all her brother let her think he was dead for years. Let her grieve and he was alive and doing all these horrible things. Plus I think Samar was looking for female friendship and a place to fit in and belong. She thought she had that with Luz and it was all a lie.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't expect Samar to react the way she did but I totally get it. I would be angry too and I love the fact that she just tells everyone that she is mad with Liz and that this is her own fault. It is. Samar is on point with that.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

Yes. It is all Lizs fault. I love that she doesn't include Red in the blame at all.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

When it comes to Samar, I always loved her judgment and her moral code She always was kind of similar to me, you know... When Liz was on the run, she was the objective one, with her brother, she acted like I might have and now again. She is really a great character and I as well loved to see her being honest about it.

Wow, I can't wait for the first confrontation between these two.

Quote:
I am so with Samar and her reaction to Lizs betrayal. I think because of her past and the strong betrayal by her brother that this betrayal by Liz will be especially hard for her. After all her brother let her think he was dead for years. Let her grieve and he was alive and doing all these horrible things. Plus I think Samar was looking for female friendship and a place to fit in and belong. She thought she had that with Luz and it was all a lie.
Oh yes, the parallels to her brother are there and I as well think that's the reason why she feels like she feels right now. Not sure though if I would go as far as she is going, not helping at all and letting her and Agnes die if that's what it costs to not help this time.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:51 AM
Elite Fan

I think Aram's talk will convince her to help. He really did good with that.

I informed the bureau that Elizabeth Keen had risen from the dead. They said three Hail Marys and they're on the lookout for the zombie apocalypse.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I somehow doubt that it'll be Aram to talk her into helping, I think it might be Red. I can see a talk between him and her and her asking how he can still risk everything to save her after everything she's done to him.

Quote:
I informed the bureau that Elizabeth Keen had risen from the dead. They said three Hail Marys and they're on the lookout for the zombie apocalypse.
Honestly, I love Samar!!!! And it cracked me up!