Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2017, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Boy Scout [Donald Ressler | Diego Klattenhoff] #7: "He’s my brother. Should’ve been there."

the boy scout
Donald Ressler | Diego Klattenhoff
s e v e n t h • a p p r e c i a t i o n • t h r e a d

x

Donald Ressler is a veteran field agent who is a stickler for procedure. Ressler's greatest asset is his single-minded, almost obsessive devotion to his work. He spent five years on a FBI task force obsessively pursuing Reddington, which resulted in his fiancee breaking off their engagement. He despises having to work with a criminal like Reddington, but he acknowledges that Reddington does get results. Initially he distrusts Elizabeth Keen and her connection to Reddington, but eventually comes to respect and work well with her. After he was shot by Anslo Garrick, he reignited his relationship with his former fiancée, Audrey Bidwell. Unfortunately she was killed by Mako Tanida, after which Ressler learned she was pregnant with his child. Ressler develops a addiction for pain pills after getting shot and losing his girlfriend and unborn child. When he is in Alaska with Liz on a case, he purposely breaks his thumb to get a new prescription for his pain pills. Ressler is abducted and his pills were taken from him. He starts to go into withdrawal in the woods. Liz finds out about his addiction when she finds Ressler's badge, ID, gun, and his pills. Liz wants to help him fight his addiction and after they have been into a car accident, he is flushes his pills down the drain. Ressler is made the interim head of the Task Force when Red and Liz go on the run and he is in charge of leading the manhunt. Once he caught Liz, Cooper is reinstated and Ressler goes back to working as a field agent and partners up with Samar.

banner by Miranda

— t h e f a n s ღ —
01. HazelEyes008 |02. Lennie1984 | 03. Amyღ | 04. xlennie | 05. deep within me
06. L i N d $ @ y | 07. rpmaluki | 08. rinko | 09. SpaceCowboy911 | 10. Miranda
11. alt.er | 12. ~MelBelle~ | 13. stlavin95 | 14. we are not alone

x

— q u o t e o f t h e m o m e n t ღ —
"A Mongolian peasant gets brought into an office where an important man offers him a million dollars on one condition – that he press the red button on his desk.
And he tells the poor man that if he presses the button, an old man in Mongolia drops dead. Now, he won’t tell him why, only that his death is good for the people.
So, he pushes the button, takes the money and goes home. But he’s haunted by what he did. He can’t spend any of the money and, eventually, he commits suicide.
A man recently told me that story. Said we all have a Mongolian peasant in our lives – something we’ve done that we’re ashamed of – and that the minute someone finds out what that is,
why, he can make you do anything. Say anything, confess to anything. Either to cover it up or to atone."
Episode 4x13

banner by Miranda

— t h e r e a s o n s ღ —
Because he is willing to risk his life for others.
Because he is brave and takes risks.
Because he values his job and makes it his priority to do good at it.
Because even though he gets beaten up way too much he is still our hero.
Because he is not such a boy scout anymore.
Because he is very handsome.
Because we would like to get rescued by him.
Because being the boss really suits him.
Because even though he is tough, he is not afraid to show his emotions.
Because he deserves a loving woman by his side.

DONALD "B O Y S C O U T" RESSLER
"Funny thing, you know, I used to be a real boy scout. Strictly by the book. Followed all the rules. Then this thing happens. My fiancée, she gets killed, murdered right in front of me.
And the guy who did it, the only way I could get him was to forget all the rules. It was a real crossroads for me. Had to choose which path to take.
The thing is, I think it’s real important for you to know, the path I took, there wasn’t any rules. And the thing I realized was that sometimes that’s okay."

x

banner by Miranda

— f u t u r e t i t l e s ღ —
"Turns out he killed a guy and stuck him in the trunk. I'm dumping the body for him."
"Cops don't kill people. They protect them."
"I feel like crap! But I know the good we do here, why it matters."
"It’s so easy to lose perspective, forget what really matters."
"You look and feel and smell like cop. You are what you are, it's admirable."
"I know you don't think much of me, but you don't get assigned a case file like yours unless you pass muster."
"I'm not the guy you kill. I'm the guy you pay."
"I've already lost the only thing in this world that I've ever loved."
"I have nothing in this world, except this job."

— p a s t t i t l e s ღ —
"Every time you "meet", someone ends up dead."
"My greatest enemy brought her back and my best friend took her away."
"I used to be a real boyscout. Strictly by the book. Followed all the rules."
"My job isn’t to trust my gut. My job is to uphold the law.
"It’s so easy to lose perspective, forget what really matters."
"He’s my brother. Should’ve been there."

— p r e v i o u s t h r e a d s ღ —
01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 |

Last edited by Miranda; 11-19-2017 at 07:18 AM
Old 02-13-2017, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Miranda, thanks so much for the new thread

Let the discussions continue

ETA - I just saw that the link to his 5th thread wasn't in the OP previous thread section so I added it...
Old 02-13-2017, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome! His 7th already.

Thanks I wanted to do that this morning cause I saw it late last night when I opened this thread but I forgot so thanks.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's not a problem at all. I just did it

Soooo, Ressler. How do you think his storyline will continue now? Do you think that his mother and brother will be mentioned again anytime soon?
Old 02-14-2017, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am not sure how it will continue but I really hope that his mother and/or brother will be mentioned again. I would hate to think that this is the only time cause why would they let us know that he has a brother? It has no point if they are never going to get back to that.

So what do you think will happen to him?
Old 02-16-2017, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really would hate it as well if they'd drop the storyline right away and never mention anything at all again... That would be unfair and of no point.

Hm, I don't really know. I still think that something happened in the past and that's why he didn't go see his brother. Maybe it has something to do with the death of his father? Or Diego leaving (wherever his family lives )...
Old 02-16-2017, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think something could have happened in the past as well and that might explain why he is so to himself and why he never speaks about his family. Do you think that maybe his brother blames him for his father's death?
Old 02-18-2017, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know... Or maybe his brother never got along well with his father because he is so different and Ressler followed in his fathers footsteps and therefore always being the good son A lot is possible.

But no mention of his family in this weeks episode... Which sucks.

The Reven Wright case is back though. I love that Ressler got himself the case and I'm sure he'll try to get this figured out on his own Finally a storyline for him.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That could be a good possibility Kris. But I guess we are never going to know if nobody talks about it again.

I really want to believe that they didn't put his brother in the story for nothing so we have to get something more about his family right?
Old 02-19-2017, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's true... It wasn't mentioned again in this week's episode and that's what I hate so much about the show. They give up pieces and then there's nothing else following.

I hope you're right, Miranda...
Old 02-20-2017, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hate that too. They get out attention with things like that and leave us hanging afterwards..

x
Old 02-20-2017, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly...

As if bringing it right in time for our little Elise chat in the other thread I somehow didn't like him in the gray shirt... Why not start pink or blue or purple at some point
Old 02-21-2017, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can you imagine Ressler in a pink or purple shirt? I don't.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hm... I would at least like to see it once
Old 02-26-2017, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah me too tbh.

Ressler in The Kenyon Family.

x