Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2022, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

9x17: "EL CONEJO" Episode Discussion Thread (04/22/2022 @ 8PM)

9x17 | El Conejo
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

episode synopsis
When a member of The Task Force is captured by the leader of a cartel, they turn to Red for guidance. Red investigates a seemingly impossible heist.
Old 04-22-2022, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

I know I was saying mr Kaplan was doing this. But I never expected this. I was just being silly when I said Kaplan. So we bring Kaplan back and possibly Liz too. Let’s bring Tom and Anne back to. But I gotta admit I’m wondering if Kaplan started setting his up before she died. I really don’t want her to come back from the dead. If she is, was Liz really seeing her hen we thought she was hallucinating?

Ps I also said Nick might be crooked by causing this mess with red. I was right about him being a crook just wrong about what he was doing

Last edited by Fangirl49; 04-23-2022 at 09:42 AM
Old 04-23-2022, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Not bad eppy

I was more interested in the Red storyline than the Aram one..

I liked the scene where Red was watching the video of himself talking to Liz, esp. when he talked about Agnes..

Glad to see Cooper back in boss mode without being the boss...

Good trick with the safe....and glad Red made amends with his friend keeping the house, can understand why the friend was stand offish though..

That ending , I wasn't expecting that. Kaplin!, what was her plan!. Well...well...
Old 04-23-2022, 07:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ok, I just re-read my comments below and I do apologize for being so dang negative! I think I'm just tired so please don't be mad at me. I promise to be more positive.

I'm with Diamond, "not a bad eppy" but at the same time, not my favorite episode but at least tolerable. Marilyn had the goods on Nick, what a money-minded, disloyal rat he turned out to be! Glad Aram was able to disable/eliminate/discombobulate his program!

I too liked watching Red view the video he'd left for Liz, and it was especially good when he took his own advice he'd given Liz about revisiting all the assumptions he had made involving the safe. It paid off. Given Red's standing in the world and how much he likely paid to have that one of a kind safe made, you'd think the guy who made it would have picked up the phone and called Red for verification when he was approached to make another just just like it with only a few modifications. I guess he figured no one would have known about the first safe unless Red had shared that. But anyway, and for the woman to apparently turn out to be none other than Kaplan!

Oh and so now we'll be seeing her go off that bridge again but this time, we'll see a friend of hers waiting under the bridge in a boat to take her away? (I can't remember if there was a funeral scene with her in a casket but if that's not the case, I guess we can plan on seeing her in the next episode?)

And yeah, if we're going to start bringing former characters back to the show like Marilyn mentioned, I hereby nominate Anne because Red truly had feelings for her. Yeah, and while they're at it, let's bring back Liz! I mean maybe in real life, Megan is having second thoughts about leaving the show so yeah, definitely bring her back. And if not, can we help Red out and get all his questions about her resolved so we can all move on to other things. Although I'm not sure what those things would be without questions about Liz always lurking in the background.

I dd find El Conejo's constant yelling in every scene annoying. But it was surprising to see that his Mr. Innocent son turned out to be not so innocent. Turns out he was downright savvy but I was still surprised to see him at the Ransom meet-up! So of course his dad had to yell some more and then finally attack his own son. Sheesh, just lovely.

Anyway, I think that's about all I have to say about this episode; I'm sorry to be so negative. Guess I'm just at the point that I want Red to get ALL the answers he's hoping to get regarding Liz so we can all move on. I mean I don't mind Aram being the temporary boss but I'll be honest and tell you I want Cooper cleared and back in his office, I want Aram back behind his computer bringing his expertise to bear in every episode, I want Park's marriage to be A-ok, Ressler to get past Liz and his addiction issue and Red to finally be at peace about all things Liz!
Old 04-24-2022, 02:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There is no need to apologize for being negative Jenny. We've all been negative sometimes.

I don't really know what to think about this episode. The only good thing about it for me, was Red watching his own video. I hoped we would find out more about who he used to be maybe but I guess that was a long shot.

It's a good thing he found out the safe was a replica but OMFG Mr. Kaplan?! say what?! did she do this before she died? is she still alilve? did Liz see the video? did Kaplan see the video? Like.. I have so many questions!
Old 04-24-2022, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay you guys... This episode was an okay one for me but nothing too great until the end

So I guess that Mr. Kaplan at least switched the safes when she was still alive or shall I say before she jumped off the bridge? But we never saw a body, we never got a funeral, nothing. So what if she really still is alive. And OMFG, Marilyn, what if she really was there when Liz hallucinated her That would be CRAZY but man, I loved this woman. But her killing Liz over Red? I'm really not sure. Although this way she hurt him much more or even the most anybody can. Would make a bit of sense.

What I really like is that all of this goes way back beyond Liz's death.

The Aram storyline was good, I enjoyed this part a lot more than Red watching his videos. I don't know why, normally I'm a sucker for these but this time it wasn't the emotional content I was hoping for.
Old 04-24-2022, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

If Mr Kaplin is still alive I will
Old 04-24-2022, 01:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Diamond, I laughed out loud when I saw your comment! Too funny!

And Miranda, thanks for your reassuring comment re my negativity; I appreciated that.
Old 04-25-2022, 06:11 AM
Elite Fan

I like that this goes way beyond Lizs death too. Right now I’m going with Kaplan is dead and did this before she died. And maybe she and Liz were working together with this plan and Liz had no idea kaplan wanted her dead. Also kaplan had a sister. Maybe this is the sister doing this.

Although here is my problem with the theory. It feels like this has to have happened two years ago. Because that is when red made the tapes. And that is when the safe was switched… but kaplan could have started the plan before she died…. Part of me is still halfway thinking that Liz is alive and this is her revenge on red. But if she did this and went this far, I hope we never find that out. Even Kaplan doing this is such deliberate cruelty. Her first betrayal was hard enough. I don’t want another one.
Old 04-26-2022, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Yeah me too..