Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2022, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

9x12: "THE CHAIRMAN" Episode Discussion Thread (03/18/2022 @ 8PM)

9x12 | The Chairman
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

episode synopsis
The Task Force pursues their latest target, the Chairman, who operates a dark web stock market trading shares of criminal organizations. Red takes extreme measures to locate a tracking device, which sends Ressler into a spiral. Cooper makes contact with his blackmailer.
Old 03-18-2022, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

I really liked this episode. But did they just confirm Redarina???????? If they did, then the episode sucked. Unless cooper said that because he doesn’t know the whole story???? Ok I get the misdirect. Cooper was starting at the beginning with the real RR. And he wouldn’t even know anything about Redarina. But why did red say he remembered Liz with the toy bunny and he knew she loved it and he saw her with it. ARrgh.

Last edited by Fangirl49; 03-18-2022 at 08:18 PM
Old 03-18-2022, 10:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

WHAT??? What did I just hear??? Did I hear Cooper telling Agnes who her grandparents were??? OH MY GOSH! But if what he said is true, how could it be without the writers altering the storyline we all know? I tend to agree with you, Marilyn, that Cooper doesn't know the story that WE all know about the REAL RR. Oh my gosh, but when he had said that, it showed Red's face looking so lost and full of love for Liz that now I'm starting to think they really DO want us to believe that Red IS who Cooper told Agnes he is!

Anyway, I guess we'll know soon enough, but if Red is who Cooper said he is, to my mind they're going to wind down the show this season. I mean maybe not if Cooper is not in the know as to what WE all know, but if what he shared with Agnes turns out to be true, one of the whole reasons I tune in each time is to hope they would eventually clear up the mystery as to what Red's relationship was to Liz. It would also explain why Dembe did give her Red's letter earlier than he had been instructed to.

Ok, other things, I say enough with Ressler's extreme emotional distress in dealing with Liz being gone. I mean sure they all were a team for a long time and friends, but I never, not for one minute, ever bought that they had this deep, emotional, love with each other. Anyway, I did like how Aram, Park and Dembe tried to comfort him at the cemetery. And glad that he handed over his stash.

One last thing, I think Cooper's so called friend is up to something. I don't buy that he's a great buddy. I'm not sure how but I just am guessing that he's out to bring down Cooper for some reason. I hope I'm wrong with that guess. And one last thing, at one point the financial guy alluded to the stock market crash of 2008 re the sub prime lending that was going on. Bad memory for me because I lost a TON in September & October of that year out of my 401(k)!! I try not to think of it but with them mentioning it, it brought back such a dark memory for me!

Ok, bottom line is that methinks there's been a re-write and we all now supposedly know Red's relationship to Liz, UNLESS they somehow correct that info in upcoming episodes, but if not, again my guess is that they're winding down the show because that's really the main reason I don't ever want to miss an eppy since they've now (apparently) answered the pressing question we all wanted to know. Can't wait to read all your thoughts!
Old 03-19-2022, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay guys, what the hell did I miss here? Man, it's fascinating how much I'm still into the mythology. NOT AT ALL. I didn't even realize there was some Redarina implicated stuff in the episode. Is that bad?

In general I really liked the episode. They somehow managed to put up all the lose ends and continue there. It really was great.

The blacklister was as well and I loved that little girl that Aram promised the bad guy would disappear. That was super sweet.

Cooper... Why didn't he tell Red. I hate that. But Red knows something is going on. Maybe he knows even more than we know so far. I don't believe he would not look into it. He cares for Cooper so I bet he wants to help.

Oh, can we please stop with Ressler freaking out and always blaming just Red on Liz's death. It gets old and boring and I'm sick of it.
Old 03-19-2022, 06:58 AM
Elite Fan

I’m with kris here. I’m out of the mythology. After the strong Redarina hype last year, I don’t want to know who he is. And so when they went there again in this show, I’m just like no way. And honestly I was upset but not really because I truly believe they are never going to confirm who red is. I think they are just going to keep this up forever and I refuse to let the writers ruin this show even more. Oh and Jenny. The show has been renewed. It’s coming back next year.

This episode and red being emotional. It tore my heartstrings. Seeing his grief on full display. I just can’t take it. When he said hello Elizabeth at the grave…. And the ending with them all at the gravesite. Beautiful!!!!

I am done with Ressler and the grief thing too. He needs to stop being like that. That’s getting old. And he blamed red again. He needs to let that go too. I honestly thought he was fine with that.

The case was good. I loved Arams scenes with the little girl.

Yes coooer you need to tell Red. I hope red already knows. But at least he suspects something is wrong. Yes Jenny I suspect coopers friend too.

I must admit to being relieved Liz was in the grave even though we didn’t see the body. I really expected them to open it and it be empty.

So there was a tracker. And now someone is trying to take over reds business. Makes me more suspicious of Marvin. Although Pannabaker is still a good guess too.
Old 03-19-2022, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Good eppy this one..

- Glad we got back on the Cooper case, I still think his friend is somehow involved
- Ressler stop whining
- I am really enjoying the Red/Cooper scenes this season, a highlight of the season so far
- So a tracker on Liz, how did that even work and who wants Red business?
- When Cooper told Agnes about her history, I did think is Cooper telling her stuff and giving us clues..

Old 03-19-2022, 10:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Really glad to hear the show's been renewed, thanks for that info, Marilyn.

And yes, I too loved Aram's interation with that little girl. I swear, he has such a heart for people...he's fast becoming my fave character.

And whoa, Marilyn, you mentioned being somewhat suspicious of Marvin and also Pannabaker! Just wow, they hadn't even occurred to me. I swear you do come up with the best theories!

I actually did enjoy this episode. I"m trying to figure out going forward what the things are that I really would still like to know. Sure, about who's trying to steal Red's business, but for me, I want to know who the heck killed Liz. If I've somehow missed that info please do share.

I do have to be honest that although I'm getting used to Dembe's new role of being on the team, I still miss that relationship he and Red had. Someone here once mentioned that to them that was the heart of the show (although they also said they're starting to be ok with Dembe's new role), but for me, I miss that deep bond of friendship that was there with him and Red. I just don't get that bodyguard woman (I forget her name) and what the heck she's done to earn Red's trust that she obviously has with him. Oh well, probably something I missed...I swear I do tend to miss some things! That's why I'm so grateful to be able to come here and read YOUR comments. After reading through them I often have found myself going, "Ohhhh! Now I get it!" So thanks for that!
Old 03-20-2022, 03:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

So, it took 8. seasons to let us (and Liz) know the truth about the past, the russian, kathrina, the fulcrum, the night of the fire, dom.... so many people have died for and now, Cooper ist telling that Agnes in one night? Yeahhh... really great writing

I justed watched because I wanted to knwo if Liz is in that grave. But I have to addmid the ending scene was very touching!
Old 03-20-2022, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Yeah really liked the ending too..

Old 03-20-2022, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The ending was really nice. We somehow got kind of a funeral for Liz. I really liked that they were all there supporting each otther.

I am glad that Park told Aram and Dembe about Ressler. Now they can all help him and I am glad that his drug addiction was metioned again. I was afaid they had forgot about it.

Same goes for all that is happening with Cooper. Glad that got mentioned again. Him telling Agnes the story about her grandparents was sweet. Could have included us as viewers more but okay.
Old 03-21-2022, 06:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easteregg (View Post)
So, it took 8. seasons to let us (and Liz) know the truth about the past, the russian, kathrina, the fulcrum, the night of the fire, dom.... so many people have died for and now, Cooper ist telling that Agnes in one night? Yeahhh... really great writing

I justed watched because I wanted to knwo if Liz is in that grave. But I have to addmid the ending scene was very touching!
Omg Easter. You made me lol. Yes such a deAdly secret for 8 years and now cooper just tells her. I had t thought of it like that but you are so right!

Jenny I miss dembe and red too. I miss them.
Old 03-21-2022, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Also what is the point of Red's bodyguard, she hardly says a word..

Old 03-23-2022, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh yes, I so agree with you about Weecha. She made a good impression on me when she was just his bodyguard but after he ended up in bed with her I was done with her. I'm not interested in that and now she isn't doing or saying anything. She definitely is allowed to leave sooner rather than later.

Easter, so true about Cooper telling Agnes in one night. And that's not endangering her now as well? That's nuts, isn't it?

Jenny, I'm so with you missing the friendship between Dembe and Red