Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2022, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

9x07: "BETWEEN SLEEP AND AWAKE" Episode Discussion Thread (01/06/2022 @ 8PM)

9x07 | Between Sleep and Awake
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

episode synopsis
In a series of flashbacks, Ressler recalls his actions in the aftermath of Elizabeth Keen’s death.
Old 01-05-2022, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't wait to watch this episode! I really hope it's not going to disapoint.
Old 01-06-2022, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

It didn’t disappoint. I’m all in on Ressler and Theo and the mom. I’m ready. They are perfect for him. I hope they bring them back and give Ressler that.
Old 01-07-2022, 03:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No it didn't disapoint at all! For the first time in a very long time this show got to me and I cried so hard. I couldn't deal with it.. but I loved seeing what Ressler did in these two years although I am sure more happened but you can't put everything in a 1 hour episode..

Theodore is such an amazing kid! Love him. I hope we get to see them again.
Old 01-07-2022, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

Diego is a very good actor. It was good to see him get to do something different.

And I must admit I was surprised to see Ressler get to the point of crushing the pills.

He deserves better than Liz. I need him to move on from that. The episode didn’t make me cry since I never saw anything with him and liz. But it was nice.

Ps it was a ridiculous notion that two doctors just walk in and hand him pain pills. You have to get a prescription and then go get it filled and with his history of addiction….anyway.

Last edited by Fangirl49; 01-07-2022 at 10:07 AM
Old 01-08-2022, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oookay, I don't like to be the bummer here but I'm not really amazed by this episode.

The first half of the episode specifically I really thought just stupid. I simply can't get my head wrapped around this self pity of his. I'm in general not a person who is a fan of self pity because honestly, it gets you nowhere.

The second half with Theodor and his mom was really good. I really loved that they were there for him although he might not even have noticed for a long time. And yes, please at some point give him his happy end. He deserves that.

What I really didn't like again was the end when he was at her grave and talking to the gravestone (again). We've seen it done by Liz before and yeah...

Btw, did anybody notice that Tom regarding his headstone was a husband and father but Liz was nothing. This again didn't fit for me.

Oh yes, these pain pills from the doctors I thought ridiculous as well. Especially Oxy! The worst of them all.
Old 01-08-2022, 07:27 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah kris, the episode was no Cape May, and I can never say I was amazed by it. I figured I would be bored out of my mind. But it did at least hold my interest. All with you on the beginning. Especially when he drove off chasing Red. I thought oh please not more of this!

Honestly I would have hated the episode if we hadn’t got the second part with Theo and his mom and the guy who owned the garage. For me that was the best part. (Even though I was mad at how Ressler treated Theo for a while). I loved Ressler fixing and then driving the car with the garage owner and I loved when he had to babysit Theo. That brought some life to the episode.

I noticed toms grave but didn’t even relate to Lizs. I didn’t realize it didn’t say anything. I was just thinking that at least it was updated from the first death.

Another thought. Liz had peonies in her wedding. Why do that if she loved carnations?

Last edited by Fangirl49; 01-08-2022 at 08:22 AM
Old 01-08-2022, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Oookay, I don't like to be the bummer here but I'm not really amazed by this episode.
I wasn't either, I thought it was boring
Old 01-10-2022, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
I wasn't either, I thought it was boring
That was how I felt about it, too And it didn't spark any emotions in me. Not a single one, sadly.

Marilyn, I'm with you on the part that I would have hated the episode if not for its second part. It was okay but nothing that would keep me dragged in.

I loved that Ressler started to care for Theo and that he even went to his birthday party although he said he wouldn't. I'm really glad he did because I don't know what the outcome would have been otherwise.

OMG, you pay attention to these flowers, Marilyn? I wouldn't have known AT ALL.

Was her grave at the same place when she died first? When she faked her death, you know?
Old 01-10-2022, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
That was how I felt about it, too And it didn't spark any emotions in me. Not a single one, sadly.
Me neither, I was bored by most of it tbh. Kept thinking yes but where are the others.

The only scenes I liked were with Theo and Ressler
Old 01-10-2022, 07:21 AM
Elite Fan

Kris I don’t know anything about flowers. But in that episode, it was the way they pronounced peonies. Because they didn’t pronounce it the way I do. Anyway, that’s nuts, right? Haha. And sadly I was hoping the flowers were for Theos mother.

I wondered if they were using the same headstone from the first fake death and simply updated the death date if you can do that!! But idk if it was the same location.

And I didn’t have any emotions either. It didn’t make me cry or anything. Liz did so much evil that I still don’t have any sadness over her being gone. Not like I would have if they had truly killed her in S3.
Old 01-11-2022, 04:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I noticed the grave too.. Tom's says loving husband and father and Liz's say nothing. I thought that was weird too but at least they are buried next to each other. I don't know if this grave was at the same place as when she faked her death..
Old 01-11-2022, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really need to look the scene up when Red was visiting her gravestone in season 4 after her faked death was revealed. I recall he went there with her at some point. Or chose it as meeting point.

I didn't even know what peonies were until they showed them on the show I have never head that word before.
Old 01-13-2022, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And he also met Aram there in the dark.. I can't remember which episode that was..
Old 01-18-2022, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

But did he meet Aram at the grave or just that one that was dug? That wasn't her real grave, right?