Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2021, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

9x01: "THE SKINNER" Episode Discussion Thread (10/21/2021 @ 8PM)

9x01 | The Skinner
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

episode synopsis
In the two years following the death of Elizabeth Keen, Raymond Reddington and the members of the FBI Task Force have disbanded with Reddington’s whereabouts unknown. When one of their own is injured in the line of duty, however, the Task Force is drawn back together to bring down a conspiracy that could shatter global security.
Old 10-22-2021, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So many OMG's in the first 7 minutes! Dembe is an agent! Cooper has Agnes and Dembe hasn't seen Red in a year and a half?! and Ressler is fixing cars.. so OOC!

It was so strange to see all of them doing something different than being agents.

I really hope we find out during the season how Dembe became an agent and why he left Red's side. Did Red tell him to? or did he want it himself?

I knew Ressler would still blame Red for Liz's death. But I guess Red still blames himself as well. I did love their talk and when Ressler told him the next name on the blacklist. That's what I was hoping for!
Old 10-22-2021, 06:00 AM
Elite Fan

I was so sick of Liz. And honestly I don’t miss her. But without that mythology,’it feels like the show is really missing something. Are we supposed to know who Red is? Are we supposed to feel complete? I have no idea. Is this now going to simply be a blacklister of the week with no mythology?

I guess I feel like the teAm seems to feel, wondering what to do without Liz. This first episode was rather slow moving but I guess they had to set the stage to move forward without Liz.

Not sure how I feel about dembe being an agent. I’m happy for him to have made a choice but also very sad that he’s not at Reds side. This is a change I’m not sure I’m going to like.

Aram was the best part of the show. He showed us how to move forward in a positive way. And he has forgiveness and still very good feelings toward Red. I appreciate that. And he knows red is blaming himself. He understands that.

The beginning was interesting with cooper seeming to understand that red was keeping criminals under control. I too was surprised that he had Agnes. When the lady asked red what was so special about Agnes, I almost got sucked back into the mythology of the show. But I told myself no. Not going there.

Park is married. And he doesn’t want her to work in the field. So that’s gonna be a problem.

The conversation with Red and Ressler was okay. But also hard for me as I never saw Liz wanting a life with Ressler. I never even thought Ressler was in love with her.

But I will say this. Ressler asked Red to stay and help. So did cooper. So in the upcoming episodes, I don’t need either one of them to go back to complaining about how bad Red is. And I don’t need Ressler to start digging into reds past.
Old 10-22-2021, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Good eppy to start off the season and Dembe is an agent!!, how did that happen ?..

Surprised but good to see that Cooper is the guardian of Agnes. What is Ressler doing though, I can understand him wanting time away from everything, but him being a mechanic is a little far fetched..

So Park is married...I hope we see her husband..

Yeah not surprised Ressler blames Red for everything, it's the norm.. Red though, he doesn't look that good and his new driver, she is looking out for him.

TBH didn't really take much notice of the actual case, more interested in the characters..

Also with all the travelling and work Harold was doing, who was looking after Agnes ?
Old 10-22-2021, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hm, I just watched the episode and I don't know what to think... It felt kind of boring and like another show to watch.

I've got the same problem Marilyn seems to have. The mythology is missing and I somehow don't find any joy in watching anything without this part of the show because that was what drew me in and what kept me along. I'm really not sure I can continue to do that. We'll see but right now my phone felt more interesting during watching the episode than the episode itself.

Aram was the best part of the episode for me I loved him so much and he was refreshing.

All the others with their changed lives... I somehow don't like Dembe being an FBI agent, I don't like Ressler being an mechanic and I don't like that Alina is married and not working in the field anymore. Same as Cooper not working for the FBI anymore. What does he do now? Do we know that?

And come on, why name another person on the show Nick?

The case felt kind of forced and I want these guys to at least get back to the FBI again to officially be in charge of that at least..

Oh, and where was Charlene?
Old 10-25-2021, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wait who's Nick?

Maybe Charlene is taking care of Agnes when Cooper is away?

I really think within the season they will all be back with the FBI.
Old 10-25-2021, 06:10 AM
Elite Fan

Yep,‘who’s Nick? Apparently we missed something!!
Old 10-25-2021, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nick is the new partner from Aram. I just was like 'Oh seriously? Another Nick?'

But didn't Cooper say something about him not being good in giving relationship advice out of obvious reasons? I was wondering what he meant with that. Maybe Charlene isn't there anymore?

Hm, I really don't know about the FBI part.
Old 10-26-2021, 02:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh that guy! I totally missed his name.

It could be that Charlene and Cooper are not together anymore but then who is looking after Agnes if Cooper is not at home?
Old 10-26-2021, 06:16 AM
Elite Fan

Apparently I don’t know what Cooper said. Haha
Old 10-26-2021, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Marilyn that's what I figured. But I could have gotten it completely wrong as well.

Maybe a nanny is looking after Agnes. She for sure is in school now with all the time jumps we got on the show so far.
Old 10-28-2021, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yes she should definitly be in school.