Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

Wrestlemania 23: All Grown Up Discussion & Prediction Thread 04/01/07

I am surprised no one has started this yet but I hope if its ok that I start one anyyway.

I don't think think I'm gonna get the PPV since I'll be busy that Sunday but heres what I would want to see happen.

WWE Championship Match
John Cena (C) vs. Shawn Michaels

Prediction: HBK. I really think HBK has paid his dues and he deserves at least one more shot at being the top man in the company. Cena has been on a roll for the last three Wrestlemanias and as much as I like him, I don't want to see him go over on HBK. I hope this also results in a heel turn for one of them, preferably John Cena.

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Batista (C) vs. The Undertaker

Prediction: The Undertaker. I mean come on, 14-0. Why should the streak be broken now? Especially by Batista? I would love to see Undertaker with the title because, like HBK I believe The Undertaker is due for a title run. However I do see Batista either DQ himself or being count-out, if they don't hand the belt over to the Undertaker. Although I would rather see Undertaker be champ.

Battle of The Billionaires Hair vs. Hair Match
Bobby Lashley (w/Donald Trump) vs. Umaga (w/Estrada & Mr. McMahon) Stone Cold Steve Austin as special referee.

Prediction: Lashley. There is no way in hell The Donald will shave off his trademark as much as I would like to see it. I do see Austin being a major factor in the match and the outcome (IE: Hopefully stunning Mr. McMahon and shaving the hair himself.)

Money In The Bank Ladder Match
Edge vs. CM Punk vs. King Booker vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Ken Kennedy vs. Matt Hardy vs. Finlay vs. Randy Orton

Prediction: I am really undecided. I do think 4 of these men are deserving of a title shot: Jeff Hardy, Ken Kennedy, CM Punk and Randy Orton. I would say out of these four I hope it's Jeff Hardy.

Women's Championship Match
Melina (C) vs. Ashley

Prediction: Melina. I don't see Ashley getting the title or if she does win to have a very long run. I do think Ashley has the talent to be a great wrestler if only she got more training. I mean Trish Stratus started out as a valet in the business and she got the training and she became a successful female wrestler. I do hope other Divas have some sort of involvement to just keep the match interesting.

Eight Man Tag Team Match
ECW Originals (Rob Van Dam, Tommy Dreamer, Sabu and The Sandman) vs. New Breed (Elijah Burke, Kevin Thorn, Marcus Cor Von, & Matt Striker)

Prediction: I hope the win goes to the ECW Originals. I also hope this a hardcore match because it's really the only ECW brand match on the card. I just hope we get some table or singapore cane action.

Kane vs. The Great Khali

Prediction: I don't think this match will officially start. I expect this match to get out of control really quick before the bell rings to start the match.

WWE United States Championship Match
Chris Benoit (C) vs. MVP

Prediction: Benoit retains. I really hope Benoit doesn't drop the belt to MVP. If anything I would rather have Benoit drop the belt to someone like Finlay or King Booker after Wrestlemania is over and done with.

Last edited by The Survivor; 03-31-2007 at 04:27 AM
Old 03-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

I'll be ordering it. I always do. Sigh.

My predictions:

WWE Championship Match

Prediction: The world's worst STF will claim another victim. Cena wins after he kicks out of at least one SCM. And I will roll my eyes practically out of my head. I do think it will be the best match on the card, possibly by a decent margin, when it's all said and done though. If they plan it out right, Cena's going to get that WM classic match he needs on his resume and Shawn will add another notch on his belt.

Prediction: Taker. In what better be a relatively short match, because I can't watch Batista wrestle for more than ten minutes at this point in a singles match. Big Dave isn't worthy of the rub that breaking the Streak will give; it needs to be saved until Taker wrestles a younger guy, with a potentially big future, either next year or the year after.

Bobby Lashley (w/Donald Trump) vs. Umaga (w/Estrada & Mr. McMahon Stone Cold Steve Austin as special referee.

Prediction: The Extr3me!!11 One himself, Bobby Lashley. I agree that Austin should throw down some stunners and shave Vince's head; that's the only thing that can save this for me probably.

Edge vs. CM Punk vs. King Booker vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Ken Kennedy vs. Matt Hardy vs. Finlay vs. Randy Orton

Prediction: Edge and Randy tie somehow, which furthers their feud. I'd cry tears of joy if Punk won, but in all honesty, I'm not sure he's ready for a win of this stature yet. The match itself is either going to be a total blast or a disasterous cluster****. Not likely anything in between.

Melina (C) vs. Ashley

Prediction: Ashley. In an embarrassment to professional wrestling.

Eight Man Tag Team Match
ECW Originals (Rob Van Dam, Tommy Dreamer, Sabu and The Sandman) vs. New Breed (Elijah Burke, Kevin Thorn, Marquis Cor Von, & Matt Striker)

Prediction: The New Breed. If they add the Extreme Rules gimmick this week like it's rumored, which plays into the the Originals' strengths and would cover up the New Breed's weaknesses, it should or at least could be a fun little match.

Kane vs. The Great Khali

Prediction: Khali. No matter what they do to Kane, he keeps his heat with the fans and they have to keep Khali strong until Cena jobs him out. I oddly really liked the build to this match, but hopefully, this is really short. Khali can steal Kane's hook and knock him out early if necessary.

Chris Benoit (C) vs. MVP

Prediction: MVP, who's grown on me a lot lately. The Power Ranger has more potential than I initially had thought and he could be a good guy to center a midcard around on SD. Benoit's going to be moving on to other WWE things soon, IMO, so it won't be a bad thing either for him to drop it here. If they give it time, it should be a really tight match.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this thread. I figured the closer we'd get to the ppv, I'd open one up. I'm still deciding whether or not to get it....I'll most likely will.

WWE Championship Match

Prediction: HBK. I think it's time to end Cena's reign and give HBK another title shot.

Prediction: The Undertaker. I don't see his streak ending as he's career is nearing an end. Sorry Batista!

Bobby Lashley (w/Donald Trump) vs. Umaga (w/Estrada & Mr. McMahon Stone Cold Steve Austin as special referee.

Prediction: Lashley. I also agree that there is NO freakin' way Donald would ever shave his head, so that means Vince will be bald pretty soon.

Prediction: This one is tough, I like most of the competitors but I'll have to go with either of the Hardyz. They need to win a damn ladder match since it's their own specialty but always seem to loose against Edge. I hope he or Randy don't win it.

Melina (C) vs. Ashley

Prediction: Melina. I really HOPE that Melina retains her title, I don't care if she has to cheat or whatever. It would be a disgrace to have Ashley win it...although unfortunately that's very possible.

Eight Man Tag Team Match
ECW Originals (Rob Van Dam, Tommy Dreamer, Sabu and The Sandman) vs. New Breed (Elijah Burke, Kevin Thorn, Marquis Cor Von, & Matt Striker)

Prediction: ECW originals...originals are always better!

Kane vs. The Great Khali

Prediction: Kane. Hope he kicks some Khali ass!!

Chris Benoit (C) vs. MVP

Prediction: Benoit. I doubt MVP is ready to be a championship and carry Smackdown.....maybe ini a few years but not right now.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:28 AM
Master Fan

No one else has anyother input? Come on guys

BTW, I fixed spelling and grammar errors, I was typing it real fast. I don't know how but I spelt Marcus, Marquis. So it's not Marquis Cor Von it's Marcus Cor Von.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:39 AM
Elite Fan

Any chance of seeing Wrestlemain anywhere on the net? other then wwe.com

WWE Championship Match

Prediction: I dont know, it be would great to see Cena without a belt, he's always got it, its like he's nothing without it, i am not sure about HBK, i dont mind which way this match goes, but after HBK turned his back on Cena, i leaning towards Cena abit

Prediction: The Undertaker. i would love to see him win, he's got to keep his streak up

Bobby Lashley (w/Donald Trump) vs. Umaga (w/Estrada & Mr. McMahon) Stone Cold Steve Austin as special referee.

Prediction: Lashley. Umaga's got it comig and also Vince, who doesnt like Vince beaten!

Prediction: I undecided as well, all these men are good, even though i am not keen on Booker and Kennedy but they are good, i kinda hope out of these four win, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy - Matt deserves it, he's so underrated, the Hardy's Rock

Melina (C) vs. Ashley

Prediction: Melina. wrestlig wise, it should be Melina, Ashley is good but she needs training and she will keep getting better, just look at Trish Stratus, i kinda hoped to see Melina and Mickie in Wrestlemania

Eight Man Tag Team Match
ECW Originals (Rob Van Dam, Tommy Dreamer, Sabu and The Sandman) vs. New Breed (Elijah Burke, Kevin Thorn, Marcus Cor Von, & Matt Striker)

Prediction: ECW Originals.

Kane vs. The Great Khali

Prediction: Obviously Kane

Chris Benoit (C) vs. MVP

Prediction: Chris Benoit
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Old 04-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Damn both Jeff and Edge took some nasty bumps in the Money in the Bank match. Edge didn't move afterwards while Jeff did somewhat....kind of scary situation.

Mr. Kennedy won.

Right now is: Kane vs Khali

Old 04-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

Undertaker is the Champion! YES!
Old 04-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Master Fan

I hadn't watched it yet. I had to order the later one. It goes off at 11, so I ordered the 11 to 3am, so I have to wait. But, I already snuck over to WWE.com and peeked!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

MITB was very fun.

Benoit/MVP was a tight little match.

Taker/Batista was 500x better than I expected it to be. Very, very good match. Maybe even excellent. Honestly, just shocking.

Austin stunning Trump, no matter how poorly it was sold, was amusing.

Cena/HBK told a great story, with how Shawn started out cocky, almost old school, and then it ultimately coming back to humble him and with Cena starting out reserved, but then ultimately going for it... but I'm just so insanely annoyed, even though I knew it was going to happen, with HBK tapping to that horrible submission move of Cena's, that I don't really care.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ ^ I agree Bianca, the Taker/Batista match was better than I expected....Money In the Bank was just crazy...although I didn't think Kennedy would take it. I wonder if that was the plan along despite Edge getting hurt. MVP/Benoit was solid....Women's match was boring...it's sad to see Victoria and Mickie James outside the ring when they deserve to be inside dammit!! HBK/Cena was good too, I'm a bit surprised that Cena retained his belt but I don't mind. I figured Vince would loose his match, but it was funny seeing him get shaved. Hell even seeing him get tackled by Donald too. Austin's stunners were off tonight but it was CLASSIC seeing Austin give Trump the stunner!! I'm sure he lived everybody's dream of doing that. LOL

Loved the "all grown up" promos. Very nice.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Master Fan

Stupid TimeWarner Cable. I ordered the Encore..and well, something happened and it's not playing! Thank God for WWE.com and this message board!
Old 04-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ ^ that sucks. Sorry about that.

I'm curious to hear any updates on Edge and Jeff's condition from their matches. Nothing yet.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Master Fan

What happened?
Old 04-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Elite Fan

There's pictures on WWE.com of Jeff walking out of the place with Matt, so I think he's fine.

Edge is probably just part on an injury angle too, but they might extend his because of his actual jaw injury that's kept him out of commission the past month, give him more time to 100% heal. If it was anything legit or serious, I'd think there'd be news somewhere of it already and there hasn't been.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Banned

MITB was best match of intire mania ...really , really great I pretty much love all the MITB cuz you can actually see wrestlers giving everything thye got...jsut amazing..... and Edge I think for the first and may be the last time I gonna say this but than he took that dangeruos bump from hardy he was my man of teh intire match...deep respect Adam ...that really looked liek it hurted ...hope hes allright and yes it was staged so dont worry guys ..hell be back on monday night raw ...hardy sold kinda well as well but I relaly doubt hes hurt ...he seemed jsu tfine to me adn sold very well

later yeah like you girls said womens division is dead thank goodness at leat cover girl didint win , its bad allready that melina has the belt, the cover girl winning it , well let jsut say I would change the channel next time I see a diva perform

vince n donald match was very good as well ... I was really really good , with shane performing and bookeding of this match ewas extremely good, thumbs up for this one... and stone cold stunners on eveyrone I think speek for themselves.... hahah it was jsut classic how trump seemed so damn confident that hes getting away with out single blow and stone cold stunenr jsut made my night perfect ... well adn vince doesnt seem to bad beeing bold

so batista match yeah must agree girls I think for the first time in batista carrier he didint jsut inject more steriods to get his muscels bigger, he actually tryed to wrestle this time ... taker didint do all teh job ..even if match up was to short it was ok to watch ..... and tista may your (lets hope last) title rain "Rest in Peace" ....dead man gonna keep this one for long time before beeying screwed once more by Kennedy ... hope for atlest 4 monts at best 6 ...thank you wwe for not screwing my night and takers streak..15-0 and hes still as good as ever

so and last not least HBk vs cena boy ...well I was really surprised how hbk behaved liek heel..really unexpected but good .... whole match up was good ..no doubts ..jsut the outcome really pissed me off .... I mean HBk tap ...hell is this ????? ..I mean do they always have to tap to him..... why not make HBK a champ ..sad but eryone knows mcmahons motto..guy who sells most t-shirts gonna be the superman and win every match