Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Raw Discussion Thread 02/05/07

Phenom's decision?

This week, Raw emanates from the Tyson Event Center in Sioux City, Iowa.

Phenom to render a decision

As first reported by WWE Mobile Alerts, 2007 Royal Rumble winner Undertaker will open Raw this week by revealing which champion he will face at WrestleMania 23. At exactly 9/8 CT, The Phenom will render his grim decision live on Raw.

Last week, moments after Shawn Michaels and WWE Champion John Cena became the World Tag Team Champions, Undertaker rose up through the floor to stare down The Champ. Does the Phenom have his eyes on the WWE Championship?

On the same page?

Speaking of Cena & HBK, are the new World Tag Team Champions really a cohesive unit? Just moments after winning the titles last week on Raw, it appeared as though Michaels may have been thinking about delivering Sweet Chin Music to his new partner. Is Michaels looking to take out Cena?

Trumped

Mr. McMahon was not pleased when Donald Trump won the WWE fans’ adoration by having buckets of his money dumped into the American Airlines Center. Will Mr. McMahon try to top the Donald? What does the future hold for these two rival billionaires?

First time ever

For the first time ever, Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy will go one-on-one with the legendary Nature Boy, Ric Flair in non-title action. If Flair can somehow pull out a victory over Hardy, he will earn the right to challenge for the Intercontinental Championship at WrestleMania 23.

Women's gold at stake

WWE Women's Champion Mickie James will be in action tonight, defending her title against red-hot challenger Melina. Will Melina ride the paparazzi to her first ever Women's Championship? Or will Mickie remain the cornerstone of the competitive Raw division?

Find out this and more on Raw this Monday night at 9/8 CT on the USA Network.

- wwe.com

Seems like a good Raw tonight.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Website Manager

Blah, I don't get RAW and the site doesn't have information posted yet on the Undertaker's decision, somehow I'm guessing something will interrupt what he has to say.

I guess I'll have to wait to read the results.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

Nope. They didn't even hedge. He just picked Batista. Later in the show, HBK beat Edge and Randy to pick-up the shot at Cena.

Really good Raw. The opening segment and closing shot were cool, the triple threat was fun (as expected; you can't put those three, when they're all motivated, in a ring and get something truly bad), Lashley/Kenny was good, Mickie/Melina was decent, Crazy going over Nitro was sweet, Flair/Jeff was solid, no Khali was terrific, and the kayfabe-straddling verbal smackdown on Carlito from Flair was 85 different kinds of awesome.

The only sucky things were Umaga demolishing Balls and Vince's oh-so-subtle hint about the KMA Club returning next week for Trump.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought Raw was a pretty goos show. The opening was great, anytime you get your 3 champions of each show together in the ring, along with others who include Vince. You know it's gonna be good!

No surprise that Taker choose Batista, I think thta's what most fans want to see instead. Cena vs HBK should be good...do they give Shawn one last run with the title or have John keep it?

The ending was cool too, first Taker and Batista staring each other down. And then turning to face both tag-team champs Cena and Shawn in the ring. Nice!

I enjoyed the Melina vs Mickie match more than I thought I would. Hopefully they will continue to keep them in the ring instead of anything else. They can build a good long lasting feud similiar to what Lita vs Trish had.

I'll never understand why put Jeff against Ric? Isn't there anybody else in the locker room instead.

Was it me or was the Nitro vs Super Crazy match off? It's like they weren't on the same page, and I actually thought this would be a good high flyin' match.

Do I sense a Flair vs Carlito feud? I hope not....I prefer to see Carlito against somebody else.

ETA:

Pretty cool picture!
Old 02-06-2007, 06:26 AM
Jay
Master Fan

So far, two WM matches have been set up....

Taker vs. Batista
HBK vs. Cena

I predict RKO vs. Edge. Maybe hardcore match at WX.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:53 AM
Master Fan

When Taker chose Batista that had to be the best moment of the night.

For those you missed it, he we walked in front of Cena, Lashley, and Batista (staring them down), then he went to do it again but instead he quickly turned back towards Batista, rolled his eyes in the back of his head, and made his signature 'you're through' move. Great segment!!!

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 02-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Jay, I'm with you on them booking an Edge vs Randy match at WM. Should be good.

Age, don't forget at the end, he choke slammed Batista too.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ratings Rise for WWE

WWE programming continues to bring in new audiences each week, and this past Monday's edition of Raw on the USA Network exemplified this success, as it drew 5.8 million viewers, its largest audience since the June 27, 2005 edition.

Monday Night Raw also had its highest rating in the age group of 12 - 34 since 2003.

WWE and The CW Network have proven to be a dynamite tag team, and this past Friday was a perfect example. Over 5 million people tuned into the Feb. 2 episode of Friday Night SmackDown, scoring SmackDown its highest rating since moving to The CW Network in September.

Friday Night SmackDown also scored its highest overall rating in more than one year, dating back to its existence on UPN. Thank you, WWE fans, for tuning in to Friday Night SmackDown, which truly is television that’s changing Friday nights!

- wwe.com
Old 02-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

Raw was rather good. Some boring parts. But all it all I say it was about 75% awesome. lol.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJordan23 (View Post)
Jay, I'm with you on them booking an Edge vs Randy match at WM. Should be good.

Age, don't forget at the end, he choke slammed Batista too.
Yeah, I know, but that other part with him just giving Batista that stare killed it for me. Best moment of the night!!

Old 02-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Master Fan

I know the whole Ric Flair segment with Carlito was a work. But I can't help but think if what Flair said was actually true about some wrestlers in the business.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow those ratings are awesome!
Good job WWE/CW!!!
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
Old 02-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

The show's been getting better since Fudgie The Whale week and the ratings have reflected that. Hopefully they keep it up.

Re: Flair/Carlito. I took it as the WWE using Ric as the mouthpiece to publically send a message to Carlito, regarding the lack of motivation/laziness that has had a good deal of heat on him in RL these past few months. I wish he would get it already, because Vince & Co. actually seem to care about and want to push him. They just need him to get his head out of his ass and care before they can even try to do it again.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

I agree about them saying it to Carlito because of that. He did an interview here in Miami a little while ago and he is sooo full of himself.