Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-19-2016, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

Cyrus & Michael Appreciation Thread #1: "I´ll do my best to be your someone"

Enjoy:
Old 02-20-2016, 12:12 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srta_Parker (View Post)
Enjoy:
I like Cyrus and Michael's relationship. Since the wedding, I think that they have a honest relationship. Michael knows that Cyrus is a monster with a heart buried deep within himself, and Cyrus sees Michael as a someone who is desperate for anyone to love him and is willing to do anything to be loved. They accept each other for who they are. Cyrus gets to be who he is without worrying about keeping up appearance and he gains a kind and loving stepfather for Ella. I like to believe that Cyrus is terrified that Ella will turn out to be just like him. Cyrus actually wants Ella to be at her core in many ways like James to be a good, sweet and kind person. He wants Ella to wear a white hat.
On the other side, Michael gets love he desperately needs from Ella and is able to show that love to her. In his marriage to Cyrus, he gets the family he wants. Michael's parents never could accept him for who he is. They sent him to conversion therapy and they were resentful that it failed. My headcanon is that they threw him out of the house which is what led him to working the streets. He began his time as a sex worker in a moment of desperation. Michael has been basically on his own since he was a teenager. When Cyrus offered him an apartment and a bank account, it threw him for a loop. I think he saw Cyrus as someone who actually cared about him which ultimately made Michael turn on Liz. It made Cyrus' behavior after the pictures came out devastate Michael. He thought Cy cared about and understood who he was beyond being a sex worker. I think when Michael agreed to marry him, he thought they would be in this together. Once Cyrus' anger passed, the man he thought he knew, the kind, caring, grieving, awkward man would return. Instead,after the interview, Cyrus treated him with venom like he was scum. Michael saw Cy the political monster aka Satan and began to feel trapped. He was living a beautiful home in Georgetown with a rich and powerful man and his future stepdaughter (and her totally badass and sweet multilingual nanny) This could appear to be a dream but in reality it was a nightmare. His only solace was probably Ella. I think the guy he was with was a way out. I think he wanted to get caught just to see what Cyrus would do and to see if he would even care. When he did get caught, he realized quickly, how bad it would be for him, it would destroy everything he tried so hard to build for himself. His MBA would not matter because his reputation would be destroyed. Despite Cy being Satan, Michael still cared deeply for him and in many ways actually wanted to marry him.
While Michael and Cyrus were forced to become engaged, they chose to marry. Both Michael and Cyrus could have gotten out before the wedding. Cyrus pushed back the wedding multiple times. They could have agreed to put it off indefinitely and then stay together for a good amount of time before splitting up amicably with Cyrus giving Michael a goodbye package of a few million and a confidentiality agreement. Michael could have received great job offer out of Dc after he graduated which forced them to go long distance. Plenty of excuses that people would have bought.

Michael's scandal could have led to Cyrus leaving Michael for the affair. Cyrus was planning on doing just that when he realized that throwing Michael in front of the bus would be him destroying yet another good person. The dinner with the parents made Cyrus see Michael for who he was, a a man still wanting his parents' love and approval which he was never going to get. His parents had to be paid to see their child and attend his wedding. To see someone be so hated and disgusted by their own parents just for being who they are is heartbreaking even to a monster like Cyrus. After the dinner and in Cyrus' bedroom, Michael's actions were as someone who wanted and needed comfort but did not want pity. He thought Cyrus was pitying him and that is why he lashed out.
Michael and Cyrus chose to marry because it worked for them. The surface reason was that It stopped the speculation about their relationship, The real reason is that Cyrus could give Michael the support and care that he needs while his daughter could give him the love of a family he so desperately desired. Being a stepfather would give Michael the family he so longed to have. Michael gives Cyrus someone to love and care for Ella in ways that Cyrus in unable, not unwilling to do. He also give Cyrus the opportunity to help someone who cares for him instead of destroying those closest to him.

As evidenced in the small scene in 5x05, the tension between them has greatly thawed. Their relationship seemed to return to one of caring and understanding. Michael will never be the love of Cyrus' life which will forever be James. He can be Cyrus' partner and companion. They are each other's someone.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

First, welcome to the board AlexisJacks. I hope you have a good time here.

Second,

Quote:
While Michael and Cyrus were forced to become engaged, they chose to marry. Both Michael and Cyrus could have gotten out before the wedding.
ITA

Quote:
Michael and Cyrus chose to marry because it worked for them. The surface reason was that It stopped the speculation about their relationship, The real reason is that Cyrus could give Michael the support and care that he needs while his daughter could give him the love of a family he so desperately desired.
I think Cyrus isn´t in love with him, but he cares for him and also he cares for Elsa. And as you say, he wants to give them, Michael and Elsa, a real family.

I´d love to watch how they´re doing as a married couple.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:47 AM
Elite Fan

Michael learning to do the braids with a doll was so cute!!!
Old 03-14-2016, 03:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srta_Parker (View Post)
Michael learning to do the braids with a doll was so cute!!!
It was so adorable. I knew he was going to be an amazing stepfather.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:56 AM
Elite Fan

I wanna see more Michael!!!
Old 03-24-2016, 08:54 PM
New Fan

I am beyond pissed. I cannot understand for the life of me why Cy is screwing Tom. It does not even seem like he is being at all discreet. For a guy that 2 years ago got caught screwing a hooker, you would think he would gain a clue. This is going to blow up in his face so badly. So, Cyrus is knowingly screwing a child killer while Michael is learning how to do Ella's hair. I understand that he does not love Michael, but I thought he was at least attempt to be a decent husband this time around. Michael is no fool. In the bedroom scenes, Michael point blank asked him who is Tom?, and it appears that Cyrus tells him most things. Michael knows what is up or at least is curious. Cy called him in front of Michael. As Fitz said tonight, if you think he is cheating, he typically is. Is Cyrus sleeping with both of them? It appears to me he is. Tom asked him if he has to go home. Michael appeared to be doing the doll's hair in Cyrus' bed and looked comfortable. I can support Cyrus and Michael making a relationship work. I saw them as broken people who can be each other's someone. They can co-parent Ella and try to have something resembling a family. Love is not always necessary.

Tom and Cy together hell no. How did their twisted relationship even start? Is tom still working for Rowen? Is he playing Cyrus? Do Michael and Cy have an open marriage? When is this going to blow up in his face? I cannot see Michael filing for divorce because I cannot see him risk losing Ella. Ella is his family. Michael has absolutely no rights to her. It is very hard for a stepparent to win a custody battle. Plus, he knows enough of Cy to know he would not hesitate to kill him if he feels threatened. Maybe, Cyrus will kill tom or have Charlie do it in order to cover up his crimes. I think everything Tom did for Cyrus recently, he is the only real link. Kill Tom, and there is no real proof of Cyrus' connection to the capital shooting, the son or any of the other shady stuff that Tom has been doing on his behalf.

My actual fear is that Tom is going to hurt or kill either Michael or Ella. I think Rowen is going to try to destroy any competition. If he hurts or kills a member of Cy's family. Cyrus is at least temporarily on hold. He cannot publicly do anything. Tom may actually kill Cy.

My hope is that this crazy thing with Tom ends. We see way more of Michael and actually get a glimpse of Ella. I do want to see Cy, Michael and Ella as a family unit. I have forgiven Cyrus alot of things. I just wanted better for Michel and Ella.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexisJacks (View Post)
I am beyond pissed. I cannot understand for the life of me why Cy is screwing Tom. It does not even seem like he is being at all discreet. For a guy that 2 years ago got caught screwing a hooker, you would think he would gain a clue. This is going to blow up in his face so badly. So, Cyrus is knowingly screwing a child killer while Michael is learning how to do Ella's hair. I understand that he does not love Michael, but I thought he was at least attempt to be a decent husband this time around. Michael is no fool. In the bedroom scenes, Michael point blank asked him who is Tom?, and it appears that Cyrus tells him most things. Michael knows what is up or at least is curious. Cy called him in front of Michael. As Fitz said tonight, if you think he is cheating, he typically is. Is Cyrus sleeping with both of them? It appears to me he is. Tom asked him if he has to go home. Michael appeared to be doing the doll's hair in Cyrus' bed and looked comfortable. I can support Cyrus and Michael making a relationship work. I saw them as broken people who can be each other's someone. They can co-parent Ella and try to have something resembling a family. Love is not always necessary.

Tom and Cy together hell no. How did their twisted relationship even start? Is tom still working for Rowen? Is he playing Cyrus? Do Michael and Cy have an open marriage? When is this going to blow up in his face? I cannot see Michael filing for divorce because I cannot see him risk losing Ella. Ella is his family. Michael has absolutely no rights to her. It is very hard for a stepparent to win a custody battle. Plus, he knows enough of Cy to know he would not hesitate to kill him if he feels threatened. Maybe, Cyrus will kill tom or have Charlie do it in order to cover up his crimes. I think everything Tom did for Cyrus recently, he is the only real link. Kill Tom, and there is no real proof of Cyrus' connection to the capital shooting, the son or any of the other shady stuff that Tom has been doing on his behalf.

My actual fear is that Tom is going to hurt or kill either Michael or Ella. I think Rowen is going to try to destroy any competition. If he hurts or kills a member of Cy's family. Cyrus is at least temporarily on hold. He cannot publicly do anything. Tom may actually kill Cy.

My hope is that this crazy thing with Tom ends. We see way more of Michael and actually get a glimpse of Ella. I do want to see Cy, Michael and Ella as a family unit. I have forgiven Cyrus alot of things. I just wanted better for Michel and Ella.

ITA
Old 03-25-2016, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It does not even seem like he is being at all discreet. For a guy that 2 years ago got caught screwing a hooker, you would think he would gain a clue. This is going to blow up in his face so badly.
You know, I hope so. At first I thought maybe they threw them there randomly, not knowing what to do of the Creepy Tom actor and the Michael one was unavailable, but now that I've seen Michael (not remotely as much as I'd want to, in two well timed enough episodes) I'm starting to think that maybe it won't be without consequences and it will backfire. I don't think Michael really believes Cy fell for him and I doubt he ever thought he'd be faithful, but from what I can remember he did grow to care for him and he sure as hell cares for Ella, what surprises me is that he seems to blissfully oblivious of everything (he even asked who Tom is). Maybe it's not going to last, he'll figure things out and they'll at least discuss this at some point, I hope they do.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:38 PM
Elite Fan

But with creepy Tom?? Really??

If he want to cheat on Michael he coould find another guy but not Tom. I haven´t seen in previous season any sign that he was attracted to him.

Last edited by Srta_Parker; 03-28-2016 at 06:04 AM
Old 03-26-2016, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

It was probably random. I wonder why they care so much about keeping the Creepy Tom actor around, maybe he's contracted.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:05 AM
Elite Fan

I thought we wouldn´t see him again. Besides, he was in jail. But it seems that in Scandal jail isn´t the same as in real life
Old 03-27-2016, 04:58 PM
Master Fan

He was in jail? I'd forgotten.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
He was in jail? I'd forgotten.
Yes!! Olivia went to talk to him. That´s the moment when she find out about Fitz´s attemp to suicide.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:32 AM
Master Fan

Oh okay, I thought you meant the last time we saw him. Yeah there was that intolerable Helen of Troy monologue. You're right though I did he even get out of there and why? How did he even get involved with Cy?
I just really want more Michael.