Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2019, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

♔ Eternal ♕ {Francis♥Mary} #339: "You are my husband and my king... And I love you, Francis. I always have. Always.” ~ Mary

&
W E L C O M E・T O・T H E
339th
francis & mary
A P P R E C I A T I O N・T H R E A D

e q u a l s;
“She's his equal in every way.
He loves her. She loves him.”
THEIR STORY

thetimes;

tobyadelaide;

beautifulship;

thefanfiction;
Reingite - 300th Celebration
Best of the Best Frary Fanfiction (March 2014)
Hiatus Challenge Fic Directory

supporters;
theshippers 1-120
121. ane_rosa
122. Elle*
123. Kay0001
124. crazystupidlove54
125. sheenar
126. bscgirl99
127. itsmemandy
128. dEsItO
129. LxieGrey
130. KLynn92295
131. Crumps5
132. Sway91
133. theresadawn
134. lisagslack14
135. scififan2009
136. DarkElfLass
137. wickedrum
138. Crystal Clear
thehonoraryshippers

previous threads;
300. | 301. | 302.| 303. | 304. | 305. | 306. | 307. | 308. | 309. |
310. | 311. | 312. | 313. | 314. | 315. | 316. | 317. | 318. | 319. |
320. | 321. | 322. | 323. | 324. | 325. | 326. | 327. | 328. | 329. |
330. | 331. | 332. | 333. | 334. | 335. | 336. | 337. | 338. | 339. |

Old 08-09-2019, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Bringing over the current round of the survivor. Posting the new round this weekend, so Vote NOW or forever hold your peace.

#9 - 3 (Keri, Andrea, Stephen)
#17 - 1 (Mina)

SEASON ONE
FRARY QUOTE SURVIVOR
(1x09 “For King and Country” – 1x22 “Slaughter of Innocence”)

ROUND FIFTEEN

Vote off the quote that you like the LEAST.
The first quote to receive 5 votes will be voted off.
If 48 hours pass with no quote receiving 5 votes, the quote with the most votes is eliminated.

Original Post

1. “Why would you want her?” ~ Catherine
“Because I love her, despite everything that she’s done.” ~ Francis (1x09)
Voted Off Round 12

2. “Francis is reasonable in all things, but he is relentless in his love for you.” ~ Catherine (1x09) Voted Off Round 13

3. “I see a future for us quite clearly. We would be happy. I would give anything to spend my life, however long, at your side.” ~ Francis
“I know you would.” ~ Mary (1x09)
Voted Off Round 14

4. “She let me decide. It's odd, isn't it? That your mother was the one to show me what was truly in my heart.
You. It's you. It's always been you.” ~ Mary (1x13)

5. “Does this mean you’ll marry me?” ~ Francis
“Yes!” ~ Mary (1x13)
Voted Off Round 1

6. “Well, there is something that everyone will want from us that we can agree on.” ~ Francis
“A castle full of little royals?” ~ Mary (1x14)
Voted Off Round 4

7. “After the Archduke left, I couldn’t help thinking about how fragile we are, how everything can change in an instant, how nothing is permanent.
I started thinking about our future. I want us to be a family. To share a life. I want a child, more than anything.” ~ Francis
“I want a child, too. I want a family, a future with you. More than anything.” ~ Mary (1x14 Deleted Scene)
Voted Off Round 3

8. “But we are together now. Utterly. Completely. I am yours.” ~ Francis (1x15) Voted Off Round 11

9. “I don't make love to you because I want a baby. I want a baby because I love you.” ~ Francis (1x15)

10. “It's the first time in weeks that no one's pestered me about giving you heirs.” ~ Mary
“Perhaps I should pester you.” ~ Francis (1x16)
Voted Off Round 5

11. “What if my wife doesn't realize that I love her? What if she doesn't see that I've put her first?” ~ Francis
“Francis, thank you.” ~ Mary (1x18)
Voted Off Round 10

12. “You may hate me right now, but I have done this for you. I love you, and I've put you first.” ~ Francis (1x18) Voted Off Round 6

13. “Scotland won't fall. And neither will we.” ~ Francis (1x18) Voted Off Round 2

14. “When are you going to realize that I love you, and I'll do anything for you?” ~ Francis (1x19) Voted Off Round 9

15. “Come back to me. Live through this battle. And don't let England cost me you.” ~ Mary (1x19) Voted Off Round 8

16. “Francis you came back to me. You came back.” ~ Mary (1x21) Voted Off Round 7

17. “I thought about you every night. I thought I'd never get to tell you again…I love you.” ~ Francis (1x21)
Old 08-10-2019, 01:27 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread Keri

Replying to your last post in the previous thread:

Yeah, it's totally ok about the title, I mean my aim was, the title to be a parallel from 4.16 and 2.22, but now that 4.16 was used before, it was a good idea to change it like this

And, don't worry about the vids, here I'm gonna repost them again (along with the "explanation" ):

Quote:
Ok, so I have tones of beautiful fan vids relevant to this epi (and season 2 as a whole, though of course they contain scenes from season 1 as well), because apparently the fandom exploded after this epi, lol (I guess same thing happened after 3.05 and 4.16 as well), there were many and I only could narrow it down to 8, lol, so I'll post 4 of them in this post and the other 4 in my next post.

The first one here is actually somewhat new and angsty, but it's really good. The next two have the same song and there are some similar parts in them but there are parts that I love in one more and other parts in the other I prefer, so I couldn't choose, lol. and the last one has Monde bits in it but it's really nice:

Old 08-10-2019, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Hey my lovelies! Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend.

Spoiler:

Ah, I guess since we were just discussing 2x22, I figured that was the quote you were referring to. I should I've realized you were thinking about the parallel. The writers of this show have made their missteps, but they did provide us with so many lovely Frary parallels. We did use the 4x16 quote for thread #336, but I'm still willing to change or adjust this thread's title if necessary.

Spoiler:

See, that would have been perfect. As annoying and cliché as an interruption like that would have been, at least it would have kept us from wondering what we missed out on. Once again... we really should have been on this writing team.

Spoiler:

I get that. Given the history (and considering Mary's previous underwhelming apologies), it makes sense that your mind would go there.

Thanks for reposting the vids here! They are so well done. I love all of the song choices, but the song in the 2nd and 3rd vid really is so appropriate for them at this point in the story. Following the Frary reunion in 2x22, the fandom was certainly inspired. I can't wait to see the other 4 vids you discovered.

Last edited by kerbear28; 08-10-2019 at 08:38 PM
Old 08-11-2019, 02:28 AM
Master Fan

hope you you are having a great one too Keri

Spoiler:

Oh don't worry about it It makes sense that considering discussing 2.22 you would think like that. I'd say it's fine just the way it is now and yes, thankfully we have too many beautiful parallels with Frary

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

You're welcome! yeah I too love that song, not to mention it fit their situation so well at this point (as you said). Ok, here are the other 4 (btw, the fourth one has a unique style, especially when the music swells, until the end, it totally could be a promo/trailer of a movie or something, lol):

Warning: The last two contain a part of Mary's rape scene.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Those vids are all amazing. Thanks, Mina!

Alright, it's past time for our FINAL round of the survivor. Here we go. Let's do this. (Note: For this last round, we are still voting for the quote we like LEAST)

SEASON ONE
FRARY QUOTE SURVIVOR

ROUND SIXTEEN

Vote off the quote that you like the LEAST.
The first quote to receive 5 votes will be voted off.
If 48 hours pass with no quote receiving 5 votes, the quote with the most votes is eliminated.

Original Post

1. “Why would you want her?” ~ Catherine
“Because I love her, despite everything that she’s done.” ~ Francis (1x09)
Voted Off Round 12

2. “Francis is reasonable in all things, but he is relentless in his love for you.” ~ Catherine (1x09) Voted Off Round 13

3. “I see a future for us quite clearly. We would be happy. I would give anything to spend my life, however long, at your side.” ~ Francis
“I know you would.” ~ Mary (1x09)
Voted Off Round 14

4. “She let me decide. It's odd, isn't it? That your mother was the one to show me what was truly in my heart.

5. “Does this mean you’ll marry me?” ~ Francis
“Yes!” ~ Mary (1x13)
Voted Off Round 1

6. “Well, there is something that everyone will want from us that we can agree on.” ~ Francis
“A castle full of little royals?” ~ Mary (1x14)
Voted Off Round 4

7. “After the Archduke left, I couldn’t help thinking about how fragile we are, how everything can change in an instant, how nothing is permanent.
I started thinking about our future. I want us to be a family. To share a life. I want a child, more than anything.” ~ Francis
“I want a child, too. I want a family, a future with you. More than anything.” ~ Mary (1x14 Deleted Scene)
Voted Off Round 3

8. “But we are together now. Utterly. Completely. I am yours.” ~ Francis (1x15) Voted Off Round 11

9. “I don't make love to you because I want a baby. I want a baby because I love you.” ~ Francis (1x15) Voted Off Round 15

10. “It's the first time in weeks that no one's pestered me about giving you heirs.” ~ Mary
“Perhaps I should pester you.” ~ Francis (1x16)
Voted Off Round 5

11. “What if my wife doesn't realize that I love her? What if she doesn't see that I've put her first?” ~ Francis
“Francis, thank you.” ~ Mary (1x18)
Voted Off Round 10

12. “You may hate me right now, but I have done this for you. I love you, and I've put you first.” ~ Francis (1x18) Voted Off Round 6

13. “Scotland won't fall. And neither will we.” ~ Francis (1x18) Voted Off Round 2

14. “When are you going to realize that I love you, and I'll do anything for you?” ~ Francis (1x19) Voted Off Round 9

15. “Come back to me. Live through this battle. And don't let England cost me you.” ~ Mary (1x19) Voted Off Round 8

16. “Francis you came back to me. You came back.” ~ Mary (1x21) Voted Off Round 7

17. “I thought about you every night. I thought I'd never get to tell you again…I love you.” ~ Francis (1x21)
Old 08-11-2019, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT Keri. Love this title and line from Mary .

Ugh, this is such a hard final round, but my vote goes to #17. I love both quotes so much, but 4 is my number one pick. That said, I'd be happy with either outcome.
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 08-12-2019, 01:33 AM
Master Fan

You're welcome Keri

Ok, I too vote for 17, but just like Andrea, I'm fine with either one winning, so I'm willing to switch if it needs be.

And, I might not be able to post for a week or two, though I'm not sure if it goes that way, but if that will be the case I wanted to give a little "notification"
Old 08-12-2019, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I'm going to have to go with #17, too. Like you ladies, though, I love both quotes and I would be absolutely thrilled with either winning.

Aw thanks for the "notification," Mina. We definitely would have wondered what happened to you if you hadn't said something. We'll miss you if you're not able to post! I'll wait to post the Season 3 Frary scenes for discussion until we're sure you're around.

#17 - 3 (Andrea, Mina, Keri)
Old 08-13-2019, 08:33 PM
Master Fan

I'll vote #17 also.

It has been forever since I've posted. I haven't been to fanforum in a long time, I essentially only come here for this board...but tonight I was coming to see about another fandom I'm fairly sure I could dive headfirst in very easily...Maybe. It all depends so much on the fan themselves... I guess I'll check out the vibe in that fandom in a bit. But I couldn't come to and not stop in here and check on my fraries....

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:44 PM
Master Fan

Great to see you in here, Robin! Hope you're doing well too . And looking forward to seeing you back in here soon, Mina!
Old 08-13-2019, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Robin!!! So lovely to see you here, sweetie. Hope you're doing well, too. If that other fandom here on seems to be a good fit, I hope you'll come and check in us Fraries every once in a while.

And thanks for voting! Looks like we're in agreement so far. I'll leave the round up for another day or so to see if anyone else wants to get their vote in.

#17 - 4 (Andrea, Mina, Keri, Robin)
Old 08-16-2019, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

Have a great weekend, Fraries!
Old 08-16-2019, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

You too, Andrea!

Well I think I will declare the winner of the survivor now, so we can celebrate all weekend long. DRUMROLL PLEASE....

SEASON ONE
FRARY QUOTE SURVIVOR

WINNER

“She let me decide. It's odd, isn't it? That your mother was the one to show me what was truly in my heart.

Last edited by kerbear28; 08-18-2019 at 07:15 PM
Old 08-18-2019, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

That moment...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread