Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2022, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

welcome
Old 10-20-2022, 07:30 AM
Master Fan

I've watched the first three episodes and liked 2 and 3 way more than the pilot.

I can't place what it was but the pilot was not as exciting to me.
Old 10-20-2022, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Betty - the pilot with the car accident killing off many Royals was bad... I agree... but I liked the newness of the rebooted VA in the premiere.
Old 10-20-2022, 11:10 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by B ē tt ⓨ (View Post)
I can't place what it was but the pilot was not as exciting to me.
Could it be because it was more setting up everything? It works better watching a few episodes than just that first one. That's very setting up the scene of the world they're living in while the other episodes have more action happening in them. Not that the pilot lacked action, it just wasn't the same?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-21-2022, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
Could it be because it was more setting up everything? It works better watching a few episodes than just that first one. That's very setting up the scene of the world they're living in while the other episodes have more action happening in them. Not that the pilot lacked action, it just wasn't the same?
yup Chelle... this is why binging is fun.... one can watch all the epp in one day if they wanted too ...once it's all released.
Old 10-21-2022, 06:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)

It could be, but even though I've not read the books yet, the movie was just more direct in that.

Maybe it was the pace in which it was done, but the pilot didn't have that same 'excitement'. Episode 2 and the ones that have followed that I've seen (on 5), have been much more exciting/entertaining.
Old 10-21-2022, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It could be, but even though I've not read the books yet, the movie was just more direct in that.

Maybe it was the pace in which it was done, but the pilot didn't have that same 'excitement'. Episode 2 and the ones that have followed that I've seen (on 5), have been much more exciting/entertaining.
the movies adaption to books have to be more fast paced because they have less than 2 1/2 hours usually to get the story from the book in.

Harry Potter deathly hallows finale was split in 2 parts because it had a lot of offer..
Old 10-21-2022, 06:28 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:

Been a while since I watched the movie but it most likely was . It'd have to be with less time. The show is spending a lot of time to really build up their world. But that opener really was setting the scene, especially for those like you who haven't read the books. Just not the best starting pace imo
As you said, it lacks the excitement level. Probably good they released the first 4 as a batch to keep people watching/trying the show

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-23-2022, 05:51 AM
Master Fan

Yeah with less time, like a movie, things are laid out a lot quicker. Sometimes I prefer that format!

I'm not always patient enough for a series.
Old 10-23-2022, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah with less time, like a movie, things are laid out a lot quicker. Sometimes I prefer that format!

I'm not always patient enough for a series.
I feel the same way...and then I said to watch it slowly or cheat and read the Wikii....lol and wikii also gives behind the scenes stuff
Old 10-24-2022, 12:24 AM
Graphics Team Manager

If it is a book then I'm book first . Movies normally are what are made as adaptations of things I've read & they normally kill the book somewhere. VA is a notable exception that didn't just destroy things for me. This is the first show adaptation of a book that I've watched & read the source material. I like shows more than movies but show adaptations have more room to move away from the source material as they've got the potential to run out of material if seasons continue & they've also got to try keep people interested each week/season

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-24-2022, 06:12 AM
Master Fan

If I know it's a book before watching I like to read, but when I'd first seen the film, I wasn't aware it was a book series.
Old 10-24-2022, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

yea...most people prefer books... I still see Twilight and HP in normal retail stores every now and then....and used 25 cent versions when I'm lucky at the library book sale shelf.
Old 10-25-2022, 07:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

yeah it seems like the books are always better
Old 10-25-2022, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

yup...but you have to have a great imagination to picture the scenes being written...I have imagination...only problem is my mind goes to that scene and then I miss details