Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

To Spin-Off Or Not To Spin-Off

What are your thoughts on there being a 7th Heaven spin-off?

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 04-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

From what I've seen a lot of Spin-off don't go so well. It'd be interesting if there was a 7th Heaven spin-off, but I wouldn't hope for one, personally.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

I don't really think I'd be too interested in watching a 7th Heaven spin-off, because I mean, I think if a series finale is happening, all the charaters should end at a point where their story is completed, like it's not going to continue on to this entire 5 season show. So, I just hope it ends with the last episode.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:22 AM
Banned

No spin-off of 7th Heaven. Spin-offs aren't always a good idea. The recent spin-off disaster would be Joey. I will admit there have been some successful spin-off shows like Angel, Frasier, the Law & Order franchise except Trial By Jury , the Star Trek franchise, Stargate Atlantis, and Boston Legal. 7th Heaven to me is a show that depends on the group of the actors rather than one just main character. I don't think a spin-off with say Lucy and Kevin would do that good because they probably couldn't carry a show. Their characters aren't strong enough when they're alone.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

I can't see a 7H spin-off ... I don't think it's in the cards. The show has a legacy of being a wholesome, 1 hour family drama that was on for 10 years. Let's just leave it at that.

kenny | credit
Old 04-29-2006, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

I don't foresee a spin-off either. The only thing that might have been relatively interesting would have been Martin and Sandy, IMO, but since they've left them for dead that's totally out of the question. Lucy and Kevin are the next logical choice. And, to agree with Jacob1983, I don't think it would work.

Still, if they could somehow make it a good spin-off, I'd be game.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 04-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Master Fan

I don't think that there should be a spinoff, although if one did get made, I would probably check it out, out of curiosity. I just don't see what else they would do with any of the characters that would make it worth constructing a whole new series.

For a spinoff to be good, it would have to have a strong character or premise to go off of - something to make it different from Sev Hev, since a Sev Hev retread missing 90% of the principal cast would be pretty pointless. All the successful non-procedural spinoffs have had that - Angel was darker than Buffy and showed a lot more moral shades of grey, Bosten Legal is lighter than The Practice and more about the lawyers themselves than their clients, etc. A Lucy/Kevin spinoff would feel a little too like "7th Heaven: The Early Years," Ruthie is too young to be the center of a spinoff, and Simon and Rose, while good as supporting characters, really couldn't support a whole series. The only Camden I could see as having the potential to anchor a new series would be Matt, and I seriously doubt Barry and SDM would agree to do it. Martin/Sandy could be interesting, but I'd probably be too busy being bitter over Martin being with Sandy to enjoy it.
that a broken heart is blind
Old 05-10-2006, 01:10 PM
Total Fan

the only way id watch a 7H spin-off is if it were about Matt && Sarah ... or about Mary
Old 05-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Master Fan

A Mary spin-off would be fab. It would never happen though.

Old 05-13-2006, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen-
I can't see a 7H spin-off ... I don't think it's in the cards. The show has a legacy of being a wholesome, 1 hour family drama that was on for 10 years. Let's just leave it at that.
I agree. It wouldn't be the same without all of the family members.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

I heard 7th Heaven is being renewed and will make the move over to CW next season....

Here are a few articles on the web I found about it:

Holy crap! "7th Heaven" rises from the dead for an 11th season!

New life for "7th Heaven"?
Old 05-13-2006, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Yep. If true, those will be confirmed at the Upfronts on Thursday.

Old 05-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

I would love a 7H spin-off but the Joey show didn't do so great so I don't know how well a 7H spin-off would turn out.
credit
Old 05-17-2006, 09:46 AM
Master Fan

Well, Joey was on for two years. That's not that bad.

Old 05-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

Maybe a 7H spin-off could do better.
credit