Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-17-2004, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

How Would You Improve 7th Heaven?

I know that a lot of people (including myself) are unhappy with the direction that 7th Heaven has gone in the past couple of seasons, so I was curious: what changes would you make to the show to improve it? How do you think the final season will turn out? How do you want it to turn out? And finally: can the show even be improved at this point?
that a broken heart is blind
Old 05-18-2004, 06:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think that the way the show can be approve is go back to focusing on the camdens instead of non- camdens, dont get me wrong i like the other characters, but the main focus from the begining of the show was mainly the family unit in the camdens family, and i think that they lost that after a couple of seasons.

I think something needs to happen as to where the family would be gather together for something. that way it can end with the camden together and happy than we have saw them like at the begining.
Marissa: Thank You
Old 05-18-2004, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

I agree about shifting the focus back to the core family instead of the supporting characters. I would also bring back Mary.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:43 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, that would be my thing- bring back Mary. And I'd bring back Matt, have some Cecilia/Simon, get rid of everyone not a Camden or married to one, erase Carlos and the baby Charles Miguel from memory, and bring back Wilson for Mary.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 05-18-2004, 04:47 PM
Extreme Fan

I agreed about focusing on the Camdens instead of having episodes revolving around someone who is just a friend of a Camden. And I agree with Kaykelle about erasing Carlos and I hate saying and erasing her ever having a baby. Also kick out Martin and bring back robbie.

myspacee.[/COLOR]

It's not you! It's Woo!
Old 05-18-2004, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

Let Kevin/Roxanne have an affair, so Lucy can finally kick him out. Then bring back Mary - she can move in with Lucy and help her getting over the hard time. Bring back Matt and Sarah - they should really try to get this relationship straight. Show more of Eric at work - let them have some more scenes at church. If they have to keep Cecilia, bring back Simon.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 05-20-2004, 12:43 AM
Master Fan

I know I'd watch more of Carlos became a regular part of the cast. Sorry, I am big fan of Carlos Ponce. So I can't help it
Old 05-20-2004, 06:02 AM
Passionate Fan

I agree keep the Camdens and get rid of most of the non Camdens. I love Simon and Cecilla and Matt and Sarah.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Seannaholic Wench
I know I'd watch more of Carlos became a regular part of the cast. Sorry, I am big fan of Carlos Ponce. So I can't help it
yeah, it'd be fine if he came back. He's a good actor and everything. I'm just not a Carlos/Mary fan. Or a fan of the fact that Carlos is playing a guy named Carlos. I hate when they do that on TV. I know! I could improve 7th Heaven by changing his name. I choose Juan- something completely steriotypical to go along with their recent portrayal of Carlos Rivera.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 05-20-2004, 09:22 PM
Elite Fan

I would try to make less stupid stories. I mean, some of the episodes are so dumb. I am so sick of the Camdens self righteousness all the time. They make a big deal about beer. The show needs it's humor back. It isn't very funny anymore. The characters shouldn't be so perfect all the time. The show has always been kind of corny to me, but it use to make fun of itself and would make me laugh. Like the episode in season 3 when Matt and Mary go on a road trip and it's a map of Florida. The grandfather tells them to go far away and not tell the parents he's fighting with Ginger because they have big mouths. The dialogue is so true and funny. Matt and Mary getting snarked by the cop for not having a cell phone is priceless. I love how they grabbed the food at the end. Lucy is very annoying. She use to be likeable, but not anymore. Now, it will be worse because she's pregnant. She was becoming a mature woman a few years earlier, but now she is a jealous wench who bitches and complains all the time. She demands she gets married and about her ring. I can't stand her anymore. Kevin doesn't bother me.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 05-20-2004, 10:36 PM
New Fan

I would like to see them get back to tackle a real 'issue' each episode.

Even if it means they go over some old ground... and dealing with more family issues. I remember the episode where Annie was teaching Lucy about planning for meals and shopping. Like obviously you can't have a whole show on that but something that had more obvious 'lessons' in it than they do now.

I dunno - just my 2c worth!

I loved the one with the organ donation... things like that where the issue of the week, even if not around the Camdens but a member of the church community - and then that person is gone next week. Not ongoing sagas with other characters.

I hope that makes sense! LOL
Old 05-21-2004, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by hshapir2
I would try to make less stupid stories. I mean, some of the episodes are so dumb. I am so sick of the Camdens self righteousness all the time. They make a big deal about beer. The show needs it's humor back. It isn't very funny anymore. The characters shouldn't be so perfect all the time. The show has always been kind of corny to me, but it use to make fun of itself and would make me laugh. Like the episode in season 3 when Matt and Mary go on a road trip and it's a map of Florida. The grandfather tells them to go far away and not tell the parents he's fighting with Ginger because they have big mouths. The dialogue is so true and funny. Matt and Mary getting snarked by the cop for not having a cell phone is priceless. I love how they grabbed the food at the end. Lucy is very annoying. She use to be likeable, but not anymore. Now, it will be worse because she's pregnant. She was becoming a mature woman a few years earlier, but now she is a jealous wench who bitches and complains all the time. She demands she gets married and about her ring. I can't stand her anymore. Kevin doesn't bother me.
The best partof the episode was when the tow truck guy was like "you two aren't Amish run aways or something, are you?" That was priceless. I agree, they need more of that sort of thing. But, you kind of have to take into consideration that some episodes are just plain beter than others.

Old 05-21-2004, 09:33 PM
Elite Fan

Oh I hate when actors play characters with their name too. I'm surprised that Ashlee Simpson's character wasn't Ashlee Smith instead of Cecilia. I hate that Carlos is Carlos' character name, it's so unoriginal.

Nikki