Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Episode 11.19 "Some Break-Ups and Some Get-Togthers" Episode Discussion Thread

Some Break-Ups and Some Get-Togethers
T-Bone (Colton James) confides to Mac (Kyle Searles) that he is considering breaking up with Ruthie (Mackenzie Rosman). Unfortunately, Mac takes matter into his own hands and sends a text message with the bad news to Ruthie, copying everyone in T-Bone's address book, including Eric (Stephen Collins) and Annie (Catherine Hicks).

Lucy (Beverley Mitchell) and Kevin (George Stults) disagree over whether it's in their best interest to accept the job offer in Crossroads. Margaret (Andrea Morris) is furious with Kyle when she discovers that he turned in her writing assignment as his own. Nikolas & Lorenzo Brino, Tyler Hoechlin and Haylie Duff also star. Jason Priestley directed the episode written by Justin Trofholz.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 04-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

Martin! Driving Ruthie!

And Mack looked so cute tonight, her hair, her dress.

Decent decent. But if Lucy is pregnant I will literally scream. And they're ot going to Crossroads evidentyl. They just want them to stay in GlenOak forever apparently.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 04-23-2007, 03:57 AM
Absolute Fan

Thee Jason Priestley directed? .... Anyway, I nearly lept out of my seating position and wooted like a little fan girl when Martin showed a single shred of interest over Ruthie and T-Bone breaking up. And then the whole, him driving her home comfirmed by Ruthie put me over the the moon. The question is why all of this now? Why have the writers tried so hard to banish any notion in our head that Ruthie and Martin could have a dating chance and then, now cram it in?

Otherwise this episode was throwaway as has been most of this season. And although this show is known for jumping relationships and the like even I, who've watched this show for so long, have been confused lately. Maybe even if they actually showed these woman Martin is always talking about, or maybe if they kept him with one woman long enough I could keep it all straight.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
Old 04-23-2007, 06:30 AM
Master Fan

Someone besides me watched the episode! Hazzah!

Anyway, with the whole Martin thing, I think they banished him (besides Tyler going to college) because they wanted to show that he was taking responsibility for his child. And then, with Ruthie being in love with him, I think it's more about her trying to grow up now. I think she feels like Martin is so much older than her and doing such adult things, especially compared to her at the moment, that she needed to wait. That was sort of what the writers were doing, making her wait, giving her an interim boyfriend to fill in while we saw that Ruthie had grown up and could warrant have a relationship with Martin.

But on some level, I don't think they would work anymore, as much as I would like them to. To quote Grey's, Martin's all "dark and twisty inside" and Ruthie really isn't. She hasn't had anything life-altering really happen to her yet, she hasn't felt things like that. That's why Martin and Jane, as pointless as they are, make sense. Divorce, homeless, drug parents. Martin: Teen father, college early, dead mother. Equal. Ruthie's not there yet.

Anyway, this went off into a big rant. But my overall point was that I think the writers are actually doing this right when you think about it from a real-life perspective. Ruthie and Martin aren't at the same place in their lives right now, not even close. She needs to wait and T-Bone was the way for her to do that without just moping around pining over Martin and without her having no storylines besides "wah, I miss Scotland."

Old 04-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Absolute Fan

Yeah, I have been watching all this time, it's just this season felt so pointless and not worth talking about.

Now, yeah they played it out, ok. But I could of used a bit more interaction with Ruthie and Martin on some level. He's barely said a word to her and now he's driving her around and inquiring about her? And Jane never appealed to me from the start and I've had a hard time connecting with the character. So for that reason I can't imagine her with Martin.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
Old 04-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I don't see Jane with Martin either, but they make more sense background-wise, I think.

And the whole Martin driving her, I think we didn't hear from him at all because he was busy with his stuff, and Ruthie just called him to show T-Bone that he's not the only guy around or something. She did say that she still wanted to marry T-Bone (and she's 16?!? Gah.) so I don't really think it was because she wanted Martin or anything, although I don't think she could just turn those feelings off.
I don't know. We'll have to see what next week brings.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So happy that Martin is driving Ruthie.
2 Years of Stargirl Celebration|
Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||