Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-15-2007, 06:59 AM
Master Fan

Compare and Contrast: Series Finale #1 and Series Finale #2

It occured to me that a lot of people, my self included, are comparing this year's finale to last year's. Maybe we could have a place to do that.

Let's recap (from TV.com):
Season 10 (2006) ...And Thank You
"Simon and Rose prepare to marry amid speculation and doubt that it is the right thing to do. The Camdens gather for the wedding and reminisce, and Matt, Mary and Lucy all have exciting news to share with the family."

Season 11 (2007) And Away We Go
"After 11 heavenly seasons in Glenoak, the longest-running family drama in television history bids us farewell as Eric and Annie decide to pack up and travel America in their new RV.

Eric and Annie decide to see America by way of an RV, given to them in celebration of Eric's clean bill of health. Initially taken aback by this momentous and sudden decision, Lucy and Kevin ultimately decide to join Eric, Annie and the rest of the family - and extended family - on their exciting new adventure."

So which one did you like better? Why? In what respects were they the same?

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 05-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

Personally, i loved the first one more because Mary, Matt, and Simon were all in it with the rest of the camden family. There are pros to the second one though. In the second one, it left it so you could feel like the show would always live in our hearts. Everyone's lives were completely finished and it made the ending amazing.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:50 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting on my thread!

I liked the story of the second one more, but the first one had all of the pomp that comes with a series finale. Still, the first one had the "fat lady" singing. I don't think there's much topping that.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 05-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Master Fan

I'm not sure which one I like better.

I liked the fact that in the 1st one we have the entire family reunited! I just thought the whole thing was cute!

In the 2nd one I don't like the fact that Ruthie isn't with Martin! I don't really like the fact that they leave town either!

I think I'll have to say that I liked the 1st one better, mainly because the whole family was there!
Old 05-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I'll agree. IMO, the first one was a better finale but the second was a better episode.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:27 AM
Master Fan

yeah, they should have switched the episodes! lol
Old 05-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

Haha, yeah. It would have led to a much more interesting Season 11.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:50 AM
Master Fan

I f they had done that, maybe there would have been a better chance for martin and ruthie together!
I'm so mad at the show right now! Everything ended the way I wanted it too with the characters, except for martin and ruthie! For me her choosing T-Bone doesn't seem very realistic, she was sooo much in love with martin before, and now that he wants her, she doesn't anymore!
Old 05-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Master Fan

You know, she's young. She doesn't know what she wants. I doubt T-Bone and her will last. Maybe she will end up with Martin in the end, we just won't see it.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Master Fan

I hope you're right!
She's just wanted him for so long, I guess that at one point she got over him and started something new with T-Bone, and she didn't want to start all over with Martin! Maybe she was just scared of being hurt again!
Old 05-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

But then maybe it was a case of wanting something so much, and then when you get it you don't want it anymore. That's kind of what it seemed to me.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

yeah, maybe she just felt it wasn't worth it anymore!
But anyways, it feels like a waste to me! lol
Old 06-05-2007, 07:05 AM
Master Fan

It's totally understandable that you feel it was a waste. These are characters, not real people, so they're allowed to make choices that a person wouldn't ncessarily make, i.e. actually pick Martin.