Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-17-2004, 09:30 AM
Elite Fan

7th Heaven Board Discussion

In response to the newest announcement I thought we could use this thread to debate the board and what we want done with it.

Quote:
Hi everyone. Twice a year, sometime during the months of April and October, we’ll be doing official post counts to ensure that the message boards here at Fan Forum are busy and thriving. We’ve established a minimum sustained post count requirement of 100 posts per board per week for message boards to remain here at Fan Forum, and we’ll be “unofficially” checking the boards periodically to see where we stand. Certain message boards have been exempted from being subject to post count requirements either due to their unique nature or because they’re less than six months old, and you can check with one of your board moderators to see if the message board that you post on is on this exempt list. Therefore, if you want your favorite message boards to remain here at Fan Forum, we encourage every member here to post on their favorite message boards as often as they can. Thanks!
Board traffic is very important as we all know. I know that this board has never been very high up there like the Orlando board for example, but it's a nice place to talk. It's ultimatly up to you guys as I can't just talk to myself. If you wanna see the board stick around, then post, if not then don't, that's all I ask.

I'd like to hear your ideas on the subject, any at all. If you don't feel comfortable posting, please PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Nikki [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2004, 03:22 PM
Master Fan

I don't think we should really do anything. I like the board the way it is; it is different than the rest of the 7H boards out there, and it attracts a different group of people. The thing is that 7th Heaven doesn't have a very big fandom, period.
I enjoy coming here. I would be here/post more often because the board and posts and stuff always load so slow for me (I'm on a cable connection.) ::shrugs:: Whatever, I still come, and I hope others will too.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 03-18-2004, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

I haven't been here for awhile :}. I don't know if there's much more that anyone can do, really.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have a list of ideas on how to save the 7th heaven board [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I asked if games threads count, and Johnnie said yes [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] so added afew more game threads

Hangman game
--------

Fave scenes thread

Fans who met the cast thread

7th heaven Trivia thread - like the DC one

Favorite Guest star thread

Scenes/Lines/Quotes that made you laugh thread

Cast movie thread

Favorite Memories from the show thread

7th heaven general questions thread (about the show)

7th heaven Bloopers thread

---
Just some ideas that I got some the DC board [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] you don't have to use them
Old 03-23-2004, 04:10 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the suggestions Kelly! Feel free to open threads for them if you like.

Old 03-26-2004, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Nikki [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2004, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you all guys! I really appreciate all the hard effort into keep this board active!

Old 03-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Elite Fan

I first have to give an update on where we stand. I've noticed that within the last week the board traffic has really picked up on all threads.

We know that sometime in April our board will be evaluated, even the Mods do not know what week, but posts will need to average out to 100. That boils down to about 14 posts a day on the board, which know we can do with no problem.

Starting Monday, I'm going to be doing a preliminary post count and record the results here on the following Monday just to let you guys know where we stand and how we're doing in the long run. Anyone who wants to help out is more than welcome. Just give me a PM if you'd like to in any way.

I've been trolling around to the avie thread and getting some "Save The 7th Heaven Board" and "Help The 7th Heaven Board" avies made by the wonderfully talented people that reside over there. I encourage the posters here to put links to the board in their signatures or use a promotional avie throughout the month of April if you want. I think it would show alot of strong feelings towards others and might bring in more traffic and newbie posters here. Again, this is all on a volentary notice, no one has to do this, it's up to you.

And to end this, I just want to let you all know how proud I am of you guys and how much of a help this is. It makes my job as Moderator of the board so much easier to know that I've got support and people who actually want to post here. It's a great thing to see and I love you all for helping! Keep up the good work and we'll pull this board through and shock em all!

[ 03-27-2004: Message edited ~*Nikki*~ ]
Old 04-06-2004, 07:53 PM
Elite Fan

Just to let you guys know, I did some un-official tallies and from 3/30/04 - 4/6/04 we had 308 posts on this board! We're heading into the evaluations with great numbers! I'm so so proud of you guys! Keep up the great work!

Old 04-07-2004, 08:20 AM
Ultimate Fan

308! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] That's awesome! Congrats Nikki.

[img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2004, 08:25 AM
Elite Fan

I'm very glad that we're doing so much to improve this board and make it grow.

Old 04-08-2004, 07:59 PM
Master Fan

That's amazing. Go us!

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 04-09-2004, 09:30 AM
Elite Fan

As long as we can keep this up, we'll be showing everyone how good our board is!

Old 04-09-2004, 04:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

I would like to see the board stick around. I cant find many places to talk about this show, and it seems nice here and I love the colors. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2004, 10:49 PM
Elite Fan

Hey Mootrix [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Welcome! We love newbies and yep, this board is pretty nice and fun!