Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2019, 01:58 AM
Master Fan

Iann is going to be Bruce Wayne in season two of Titans. That's something to look forward to.

The biggest line that annoyed me was Jorah defending Tyrion. Jorah was her protector and advisor for the longest time. He watched her grow up. She should have loved him, not Jon, Dario or anyone else.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i was okay with him trying to find peace between Dany and Tyrion. i used to like Tyrion and i wanted him as her supportive hand and her to show that she still cares about him. so i approved Jorah's line and advice. but oh, how naive i was.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Old 05-24-2019, 02:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
But as Thrones‘ writers continued planning the final season, “the amount [of] logic we’d have to bend to get Jorah up to The Wall and get him to leave Dany’s side right before [the finale]… there’s no way to do that blithely,” he shared. “And Jorah should have the noble death he craves defending the woman he loves.”
i agree on that. Jorah at the Wall with no Dany and the killer of his queen by his side - now that would have been really awful.

i personally think one thing they didn't screw up was Jorah.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thnaks for the tweet
Old 05-24-2019, 03:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
i was okay with him trying to find peace between Dany and Tyrion. i used to like Tyrion and i wanted him as her supportive hand and her to show that she still cares about him. so i approved Jorah's line and advice. but oh, how naive i was.
Same here, I was a summer child...

I had no idea that Jorah living and taking the black with Jon was the original plan. I wrote it out as a joke, if they actually had Jorah turn on Dany I would have been so mad! I was sad to see him die but I am SO GLAD he did now (if these were the only two options) purely because he got to stay the loyal man who loved his queen to the end.

I thought Dany's sudden snap was rushed, it would have made even less sense if Jorah was alive. She cared about him, knew he loved her deeply, she'd have at least one Westrosi by her side.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:35 AM
Master Fan

I think his death is what probably led to her snap. She loved Missandei, but Jorah was a man she'd known since she was 16. She was his one true love and she knew she'd never lose him. I think she craved Jon's love and acceptance so much because she had already lost Jorah.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
I think his death is what probably led to her snap. She loved Missandei, but Jorah was a man she'd known since she was 16. She was his one true love and she knew she'd never lose him. I think she craved Jon's love and acceptance so much because she had already lost Jorah.
I agree, she looked traumatised at the feast picking at her food and not eating, even before everyone started sucking up to Jon. He was the first one to pledge loyalty to her, he kept coming back even when he was banished, and he died saving her life. It was at least what started it.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
Same here, I was a summer child...

I had no idea that Jorah living and taking the black with Jon was the original plan. I wrote it out as a joke, if they actually had Jorah turn on Dany I would have been so mad! I was sad to see him die but I am SO GLAD he did now (if these were the only two options) purely because he got to stay the loyal man who loved his queen to the end.

I thought Dany's sudden snap was rushed, it would have made even less sense if Jorah was alive. She cared about him, knew he loved her deeply, she'd have at least one Westrosi by her side.
all of this. funny how relieved i am now to find out they chose this ending over the other option. just when i think it couldn't be worse, D&D prove us wrong huh? but luckily they did get Jorah right. because there is no way he leaves her side.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I agree, she looked traumatised at the feast picking at her food and not eating, even before everyone started sucking up to Jon. He was the first one to pledge loyalty to her, he kept coming back even when he was banished, and he died saving her life. It was at least what started it.
What really made me angry is that Jon looked at her, then looked back at his friends. Tormund did ride the dragon, he just forgot.

Jon is the hero, all because he has a dick. The dragons aren't even his to begin with.

Dany saved Tormund and whomever else, but they thanked her by praising their boi.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
What really made me angry is that Jon looked at her, then looked back at his friends. Tormund did ride the dragon, he just forgot.

Jon is the hero, all because he has a dick. The dragons aren't even his to begin with.

Dany saved Tormund and whomever else, but they thanked her by praising their boi.
He didn't even care about that dragon, you have to have a bond with a dragon to ride it but we saw not a slither of sadness from Jon after Rhaegal died. No true dragon rider there, he was basically borrowing one of Dany's. I don't hate Jon but in S8 he was pretty awful.

I was so mad at Jon that episode, he just left Dany sitting alone and unappreciated in the place he convinced her to go to and save. She lost so much protecting them, she could have let the WW march further south while she dealt with Cersei and then attack them at more strategic point. They would all be dead if not for her forces and sacrifices, Arya wouldn't have been able to get close. Jon still accepted all the credit afterwards and left her to the side, not very honourable for the guy whose idol is Ned Stark.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i agree with you guys. Ned Stark would have been disappointed.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hated their celebration party scene in 8x04. Really hated it. Dany could have needed a true friend there instead of a neglecting boyfriend

And I am glad Jorah died the way he died. Reading this article and the original plan made me even angrier than I already am
Old 05-24-2019, 05:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
He didn't even care about that dragon, you have to have a bond with a dragon to ride it but we saw not a slither of sadness from Jon after Rhaegal died. No true dragon rider there, he was basically borrowing one of Dany's. I don't hate Jon but in S8 he was pretty awful.

I was so mad at Jon that episode, he just left Dany sitting alone and unappreciated in the place he convinced her to go to and save. She lost so much protecting them, she could have let the WW march further south while she dealt with Cersei and then attack them at more strategic point. They would all be dead if not for her forces and sacrifices, Arya wouldn't have been able to get close. Jon still accepted all the credit afterwards and left her to the side, not very honourable for the guy whose idol is Ned Stark.
I think Arya did give her credit at the tree. She's the only one who did. She should have said it in front of Dany.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I think Arya did give her credit at the tree. She's the only one who did. She should have said it in front of Dany.
Yes she did and we needed that scene. But everything happened too fast, rushed, off screen or just didn't happen at all
Closed Thread   Post New Thread