Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2021, 12:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

It just became very apparent the show runners wanted to move on to something else and many of the long form plots that had been gradually developed over several years suffered for it. Characters behaved strangely and out of form. Narrative threads that were sewn over the course of nearly a decade were frayed or abruptly severed so that the series could reach its conclusion.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

EC | ADC

Old 07-12-2021, 01:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Fools, such fools
Old 07-12-2021, 06:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
Hm honestly I cared about the plot holes. I was just willing to overlook them because I had faith the rest of the series was going to be great. I thought the plot holes were aberrations, a few messy bumps in the road on the way to a masterful ending. I didn't realize the plot holes were actually a sign that the writing had gone to ****.
This, I thought the plot holes would be resolved in S8 and/or they at least would lead up to an otherwise satisfying ending.

D&D truly just stopped caring. They had all the time and money they needed handed on a silver platter, they also still had source material they skipped over that could at least inspire other plotlines, but they just wanted it done to move on to Star Wars. And they were so arrogant, enough to put "D&D" on buildings in the giant fake Kings Landing set, that they wouldn't allow people who did still care about GOT to take over.

They were bored of their favourite toy but still didn't want to let anyone else play with it either. I am getting a similar bad feeling from GRRM "I want to write anything BUT the rest of ASOIAF and I also refuse to let anyone take my notes and finish this beloved franchise if I die"
Old 07-12-2021, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
That's very true lol, did you make this meme? Bc i see it was uploaded today to imgur.
Old 07-13-2021, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakis (View Post)
That's very true lol, did you make this meme? Bc i see it was uploaded today to imgur.
I uploaded it via Imgur but I didn't do it. Found it online somewhere.

EC | ADC

Old 07-13-2021, 12:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Fun fact, today 10 years ago GRRM released his latest book...I remember starting to read the book series after I watched the first season of the show, thinking that there is plenty of time for George to release the next book before I finish the first five. Boy I was naive.
Old 07-13-2021, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Honestly you weren't wrong. There was plenty of time...

EC | ADC

Old 07-13-2021, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

The books are still not finished and I don't think that they ever will be. It felt like GRRM completely lost control of the story and became more interested in world building than plot progression.

The fact that he published The World of Ice and Fire and Fire and Blood Vol.1 just confirmed that. George loves this world, but I don't think he loves this story anymore.
Old 07-13-2021, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree with everything you said. I honestly feel bad for the man - no matter what he does he's going to carry this burden until he literally dies.

EC | ADC

Old 07-13-2021, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

I feel bad for him because obviously he has some issues, but also I'm angry with him because he's so rich he could literally hire someone to smack his hand if he stops typing. I'm mostly kidding
Old 07-13-2021, 07:30 AM
Extreme Fan

I feel he has an obligation to his fans to finish the story, as his fans are the reason he is wealthy and successful today, many writers would kill for the break GRRM got with ASOIAF. But he has clearly lost motivation, not for the world but for the main story, and I really don't think we will see the end. I also think his choice to make his story die with him after having fans follow his works for decades is selfish, if you won't finish it yourself (and he has had plenty of time) couldn't you at least pass your notes on to someone else?

Also, nothing about the events of Fire and Blood make Dany's turn any less out of nowhere and bizarre, I don't know why there's been all this "this story will reveal something important about Dany!!" rubbish there.
Old 07-13-2021, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)
I feel bad for him because obviously he has some issues, but also I'm angry with him because he's so rich he could literally hire someone to smack his hand if he stops typing. I'm mostly kidding
The hand smacker standing next to him at all times.
Old 07-14-2021, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

Even still, I get urges to watch the show again from the beginning, remembering how great it was at first. But then I remember the final seasons and it's disgrace, it's so disappointing and makes me hate even the first good seasons, just knowing it's all for nothing
Old 07-14-2021, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Couldn't agree more with you guys
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top