Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-24-2016, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Episode discussion 3.16 | Dawn's Early Light {Airs March 25th}

Ichabod digs into his past with Betsy Ross to discover a way to stop The Hidden One from becoming even stronger. Meanwhile, Jenny worries that her bond with her dad is broken forever; and Abbie's relationship with Reynolds grows increasingly strained.
Old 03-25-2016, 05:43 PM
Elite Fan

Loving this episode!
Old 03-25-2016, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That was a pretty great episode!
Here goes part of my live review as I was watching! I was multi-tasking so I missed some scenes.

Love seeing the Mills father still on episodes and not just it as another dropped storyline.

Can't wait to see Pandora betray the Hidden One.

Loved seeing a person workout on the show! Great job Mills and Reynolds. I've been enjoying their scenes, working out together and going to the shooting range.

Danny finally told knows the secrets

I love Pandora finally called the HiddenOne on his nonsense, she ain't getting treated like a slave and him treating her that way is only pushing her away.

Once Abbie agreed to tell Danny about the supernatural world, I did not agree with it. I just don't know how many people will just be accepting towards it.

"The power of a true bond can conquer any might. Their stronger because they have each other." Yes Ichabbie are stronger because their bond, and I love her mentioning how they love each other.
Wow how the Hidden One was just going to kill Pandora. So happy Pandora finally free of his ungrateful a$$! you go ahead Pandora.:thud; Finally standing up the way women of this era does now! Those slave years are over.

Loved Danny and Sofia chat, and finally they both know about the dark supernatural world they are living in.

Betsy Ross loved Crane? Okay... so is this finally the end of her character?

Although I'm not shipping Abbie with Danny, FINALLY! Abbie Mills had her first on screen kiss on Sleepy Hollow. It only took 3 seasons.

Seems like Crane and Abbie are about to take an adventure.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

OMG, I loved tonight's episode. I nearly wet my pants when Danny said freeze FBI. Poor thing, did't have a clue bullets wouldn't work on that thing. Well, Abbie got a kiss-- not a very long one, but ,for me it was very anti-climatic, because it was with the wrong guy. Loved Pandy (couldn't help myself ) finally, telling THO to shove it where the sun don't shine, and telling him, Abbie and Crane are going to make it against all odds because they love each other. That's why I'm not worried about the kiss with Danny, cause I think the kiss with Capt Crane is coming. My heart was so touched by Ezra Mills showing up. He loves those Girls and I hope next week we get more of the Mills family Saga and why he left. Yes, Jenny he remembered ; do you think he can read their minds??. How did he know to tell Crane to take care of Abbie and not Jenny? Has he been watching them all along???. He knows where they both live. I love Sophie, she's just so cool to me. And, Jenny and Joe were both on their JOB this week. Betsy Ross out!! Can only hope. Looking so forward to next week. This week was one crazy ride on the SH train. For me, the episode moved so quickly. Didn't want it to end. I have to mention, how much evil face Crane gives anyone who shows an interest in Abbie. He was gritting so hard on Danny!!

Last edited by msgeemd; 03-25-2016 at 06:53 PM
Old 03-25-2016, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I agree, and usually when the episode seems to have moved quickly, it means it was a good one.
I need to re-watch this episode to answer the Ezra questions though because as each episode lately, I was multi-tasking at the time.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
^ I agree, and usually when the episode seems to have moved quickly, it means it was a good one.
I need to re-watch this episode to answer the Ezra questions though because as each episode lately, I was multi-tasking at the time.
Thanks, really interested in how much Ezra knows.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgeemd (View Post)
Thanks, really interested in how much Ezra knows.

I believe because of what happens with the mother, he has to know more than what he is leading on.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Was not a fan of this episode. I just dont get where this new intense romance between Abbie and Daniel and Crane and Betsy is coming from because honestly I havent seen it at all this season. Its been all Crane and Abbie for so long, I forgot these two other subsets of characters were even there but now it seems to be the end all be all answer--so whatevers. I'm just glad I got my fan vid done before this episode or would have lost the motivation if Id waited a day or two more.

The only thing I really liked was Pandora telling THO to stick it where the sun dont shine.

The rest seemed unnatural and forced. Whatever interesting monster or master sleuthing was done, was undone by the romantic bullcrap they tried to dole out along side it. Sighs. Wish I could learn to watch shows without caring about who hooks up with who, but I am now officially no longer optimistic for the remainder of the season/series.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well I've seen the Abbie and Daniel hints from the recent episodes however I didn't see the Crane and Betsy ones at all so I was just. during her note.

Sorry you are upset about Ichabbie though.

Pandora standing up to the Hidden One was the best part about the episode, definitely.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgeemd (View Post)
My heart was so touched by Ezra Mills showing up. He loves those Girls and I hope next week we get more of the Mills family Saga and why he left.

In a series that has a ka-jillion weak plot points, this one takes the cake. And as a viewer, I'm rolling my eyes so hard they're practically stuck to the back of my head. I really hate it when shows dig up parents (who have been MIA for all of their children's lives) and try to integrate them into the story now that said children are adults. In the case of EM, I don't care, don't want to know, don't like him, and don't want to see him eating up time that can be spent better on other things.

I've given up the ghost on an Ichabod/Abbie romance. I should have never bought into it. I probably would have liked the show better if I hadn't. All the ship-baiting was nothing but

No longer participates in ANY network television viewing. Thank Fox's handling of Sleepy Hollow.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:08 PM
New Fan

I really, really loved this episode tonight❤️❤️ Loved the pace of it ❤️❤️Loved the flashbacks to history❤️❤️

I know that there will be certain people who will be angry that Abbie told Danny how she felt. However they were the same people who for the last season and a half started the #AbbieMillsDeservesBetter and even alluded to it when Danny said it several episodes back. Now that Abbie IS getting better my sense is they will still be unhappy because she is not with Crane. I'm just happy that Abbie is getting that focus for a bit. If we only have 2 more episodes of a show we clearly all love, my wish would be is that we enjoy those episodes as much as possible and what comes what may. If SH gets that 4th season (and I really think they will) then we can continue down this road. Maybe with Abbie & Danny or Abbie & Crane or Sophie & Danny but really more importantly hopefully with EVERYBODY back (sans Betsy as her arc has run its course). I think that was potentially the only confusing part of tonight's episode. It seems in everybody's hate and vitriol directed at Katrina it appears that she has ostensibly been removed from the series almost as if she never existed. I guess out of sight out of mind. For me and as a lover of literature that saddens me. That was the underlying theme of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving. That undying love. Again there are those who wish that maybe that relationship didn't happen or that maybe Katrina has remained a ghost in Purgatory. I think that twist could have been doable. Of course that is all hindsight now.

Glad Pandora finally summoned some of that pent up anger she has and directed it at the one responsible. I only hope she helps Abbie, Crane, Jenny, Joe, Danny, Sophie & Ezra if he survives (based on the photos of Crane at the headstone from the season finale) them all defeat THO. Will it leave her in tact or will she also be destroyed along with him?
Old 03-26-2016, 04:00 AM
New Fan

A few quick thoughts

I might be tripping, but it seems like Ichabod and Ezra have already met.
I felt like Dawn’s Early Light was overall the best episode of the season. I was entertained the entire time and at the end of the day that’s what I tune in for. When Ichabod first came home Ezra didn’t look that surprised see him. He stays stooped over the counter for a minute, very chill for his first visit to their home especially when someone he “doesn’t know” shows up.
These are his daughters who he hasn’t spent time with in ages, sure he had an understanding of how grown up they are now because of his initial meeting with them, but to have their grown up lives directly in front of him is a different thing. Wouldn’t he be a little more surprised or taken back by meeting the man he presumes his daughter is sharing a life with. Point is, I wonder if he somehow already knew who Crane was, or if they’d already met. Maybe Ichabod sought him out when he realized that Abbie had been watching him. There dad is military so perhaps that explains why he called him Crane, instead of Mr. Crane, or Ichabod, but idk I just have a feeling they’ve met. Also is he just assuming that Ichabod is Abbie’s man with the take good care of my daughter comment, or does he know for a fact that on a certain level Ichabod’s the man in her life? Also when Ichabbie went to the Paul Revere house to retrieve the flag, Ichabod seemed pretty disappointed when Abbie corrected his assumption that there had been a reconciliation between she and her father.

Jenny was having a hard time with their father being around. Lyndie did a great job in the kitchen scene, it really seemed like she was sitting there just seething. That ending scene when Ezra dropped off the candy to Jenny was really touching and sweet. Loved it.
Love Peter Mensah, Spartacus season one was that deal, but I can’t wait to see THO get his. I felt so bad for Pandora. When she told him that she sought help from the witness to free him, he had thee nerve to tell her it was the only reason she was still alive. No mofo that’s the only reason you’re still alive. I hope he dies by her hand, I really do. After he physically abused her, he told her to clean herself up and went to sleep. Like he exerted so much energy torturing her, he needed to rest. It reminded me so much of the hotel scene in “What’s Love Got To Do With It”, where Ike’s says the same thing. Loved Pandora getting away from him, and I can’t wait to see how that all plays out.

I always love the twisted history, but Joe’s recognition of the music notes on the flag raised a little “I don’t believe you” moment in me, the same way I felt when he got bodied by Randall’s car door earlier in the season. Still, he and Jenny were on their game this eppy.

I loved all of the Ichabbie. Ichabod basically telling her he wouldn’t go into the catacombs unless she was on board. Like look Abbie this is how not to make a unilateral decision that will affect us both. Speaking of which, Abbie is unstoppable. I don’t know how she bounced up after the skeleton soldier hit her with that superman video game kick.

Later Crane was not happy when he asked Abbie if she was alright and she revealed she was thinking about the way Danny found out about their secret. For a moment Crane looked like he was sorry he bothered asking. He was like he has a strong spirit, he’s straight. Lmao. The sunshine blower in me is thinking when he stated life never goes as planned, we have to adapt to the things we never see coming, he was talking about his plans to be with Abbie, and never seeing her desire to have a relationship with Danny coming. Yep that’s what I saw. Also he quickly stated that it was best that he and Betsy parted so I don’t think he’s chasing anything there, but appreciating it for the learning experience it was. He liked her, and he never told her. I don’t think he’ll repeat that same mistake.

The FBI Director’s picture on the wall behind Abbie and Danny before the kiss reminds us that we don’t know Danny. Also it would have been nice to see Abbie’s reaction after the kiss.
Is it me or do Danny and Sophie let off a “we accidently slept together before kind of vibe.” Lol. Just me? Okay.

Ridiculousness for fun: At the end of the episode if Ichabod called Abbie to meet him somewhere does that mean that one of them wasn’t at home the night before. What if Abbie’s pregnant with Danny’s baby, but Danny dies and her and Ichabod get stuck in the catacombs for two or three earth months and come back with a toddler. What if they come back with a toddler and a baby?
Old 03-26-2016, 09:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkElfLass (View Post)
In a series that has a ka-jillion weak plot points, this one takes the cake. And as a viewer, I'm rolling my eyes so hard they're practically stuck to the back of my head. I really hate it when shows dig up parents (who have been MIA for all of their children's lives) and try to integrate them into the story now that said children are adults. In the case of EM, I don't care, don't want to know, don't like him, and don't want to see him eating up time that can be spent better on other things.

I've given up the ghost on an Ichabod/Abbie romance. I should have never bought into it. I probably would have liked the show better if I hadn't. All the ship-baiting was nothing but
I understand your point! don't agree but understand. I liked Ezra showing up and I think he has more knowledge of Jenny, Abbie, Crane and Joe than we may realize. I liked the scene with Dad and Daugthers very much. Sorry, you were disappointed.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibabe12 (View Post)
I think that was potentially the only confusing part of tonight's episode. It seems in everybody's hate and vitriol directed at Katrina it appears that she has ostensibly been removed from the series almost as if she never existed. I guess out of sight out of mind. For me and as a lover of literature that saddens me. That was the underlying theme of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving. That undying love.
I do agree they've basically erased Katrina, going so far as to imply feelings with Ichabod and Betsy when the timeline doesn't add up, and in the end it only makes the character of Ichabod look flaky and like a jerk, and their continuity terrible and nothing else.

Having said that, there was no undying love story between Ichabod and Katrina in the original short story of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. He was after her for her father's money, her father's farm, and her looks. And it's heavily implied she never intended to marry him and only let him try and court her to make the Abraham character have to vie for her; by the end of the story, it reads like she always intended to marry Abraham.

It's the Tim Burton movie that Ichabod/Katrina as a romantic couple was spawned from. As was Ichabod, the romantic hero, or hero in general.

I didn't quote it, but while I see your point about Danny, Ichabod and #AbbieMillsdeservesbetter (and I do think there are those for whom it's Crane and Ichabbie ultimately), and Danny being added as an answer to the call of Abbie not being allowed to be vulnerable or have romantic love in her life.....the writers botched it from the get go. They gave them this past fling or relationship but they've barely written anything for it, they've done more telling than showing, made him her clueless boss removed from the supernatural aspects of the supernatural show for too long, and it never came across like Abbie truly wanted to be with Danny and wished they were back together. Once again, the main issue comes down to the writing and execution of their idea of Danny and Abbie. It's not better received because it isn't well written.

~Kat

Last edited by TheCheshireKitten; 03-28-2016 at 11:47 AM
Old 03-28-2016, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree with you, that the Crane and Betsy storyline makes absolutely no sense to me.
I haven't watched that Sleepy Hollow move in a long time. I might need to re-watch it sometime soon.

If Sleepy Hollow tv show did it correctly, the Abraham/Katrina story could've been a lot more interesting.